Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Yet Another Russian Oligarch Dies 'Mysteriously' After Criticizing Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Russian Oligarch Dies 'Mysteriously' After Criticizing Ukraine War

In the same hotel that a few days before a friend of his 'mysteriously' died.

Those russians must be super clumsy, all this falling out of balconies to their deaths. It'as a wonder they have managed to survive all this time as a country.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...27-p5c8zs.html

A Russian sausage magnate who briefly criticised Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has died after falling from the third-floor window of a luxury hotel in India.

Pavel Antov was a member of Vladimir Putin’s United Russia Party and a multi-millionaire, having founded one of the country’s largest sausage makers. He was reportedly on a trip to celebrate his upcoming 66th birthday when he was found lying in a pool of blood outside the Hotel Sai International in Rayagada, in the southern state of Odisha.

An unnamed police official told India’s NDTV news outlet they suspected that he took his own life after becoming depressed about the death of his friend, who was found dead in the same hotel.

Vladimir Bidenov was found unconscious in his hotel room on Thursday, surrounded by empty wine bottles.

Antov was the founder of Vladimir Standard, a major meat producer, and had a declared annual income of just under £130 million ($232 million).

In July, he posted a story on his WhatsApp messaging app, criticising Russia’s missile attacks on Kyiv as “terrorism”. He was referring to reports of a girl that had been pulled from rubble after her house had been shelled.

Shortly afterwards, Antov apologised for the post and said it had been posted by someone else. He said he was “a supporter of the president and my country’s patriot” and “shared the goals” of the Kremlin’s invasion.

Alexei Idamkin, Russia’s consul general in Calcutta, told the Tass news agency that there was no foul play in the lawmaker’s death.
    Uh-huh, no foul play to see here, nosiree.

Here's a nice long list of people who totally weren't killed by Putin and his thugs. And that's just from the last year alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_R...picious_deaths

This getting to be like a dog bites man story.

I suggest that they studiously avoid buildings with anything higher than a ground floor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      This getting to be like a dog bites man story.

I suggest that they studiously avoid buildings with anything higher than a ground floor.
      Putin thinks that no one will suspect foul play so long as Novichuk isn't present.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Putin thinks that no one will suspect foul play so long as Novichuk isn't present.
        Hey, there's a war going on. Budgets are tight and defenestration um, tragic accidents are free.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hmm ... so much for high-rise buildings.

Gravity is their enemy.

oligarch.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Hmm ... so much for high-rise buildings.

Gravity is their enemy.

oligarch.jpg
            I feel like Kassandra of Troy, doomed to be ignored

Comment

Going over the balcony is Putin’s signature. He wants the others to be afraid. Fear is the point.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I feel like Kassandra of Troy, doomed to be ignored

Oh, I noticed your post. I just thought they were all sent over balconies, not indoor gymnastics.

Comment

As horrific as this story is, there's something oddly humorous about the phrase "Russian sausage magnate".
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"An unnamed police official told India’s NDTV news outlet they suspected that he took his own life after becoming depressed about the death of his friend, who was found dead in the same hotel."

In other words his "friend" was murdered also.

Are the Russians related to Killary?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      "An unnamed police official told India’s NDTV news outlet they suspected that he took his own life after becoming depressed about the death of his friend, who was found dead in the same hotel."

In other words his "friend" was murdered also.

Are the Russians related to Killary?
                      I wonder what percentage of people pick death by falling down a flight of stairs as a way to commit suicide. I imagine its incredibly small.

Comment

e49.jpg

Comment

"Nobody was more surprised by Pavel Antov's suicide than Pavel Antov."
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-17-2023, 08:53 AM.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

77s17m.jpg

Comment

I just sent a memo to the boffins in roguetech R&D to start designing suits with built in concealed parachutes for the Russian market.

Comment