Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facebook Admits Suppressing ‘Often-True Content’ on COVID-19 Vaccines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Admits Suppressing ‘Often-True Content’ on COVID-19 Vaccines

Not Just Misinformation: In Emails to White House, Facebook Admits Suppressing ‘Often-True Content’ on COVID-19 Vaccines

Facebook told an official at the Biden White House that the Big Tech company not only suppressed misinformation but took action against the “virality” of “often-true content” regarding the COVID-19 vaccines.

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey released the documents earlier this week. Bailey obtained them through a court case, Missouri v. Biden, alleging that some of President Joe Biden’s top officials “colluded with Big Tech social media companies to violate Americans’ right to free speech under the First Amendment.”

“I want to protect Missourians and the freedoms they enjoy, which is why as attorney general, I will always defend the Constitution,” Bailey told The Daily Signal in an email Thursday. “This case is about the Biden administration’s blatant disregard for the First Amendment and its collusion with Big Tech social media companies to suppress speech it disagrees with.”

“I will always fight back against unelected bureaucrats who seek to indoctrinate the people of this state by violating our constitutional right to free and open debate,” the Missouri attorney general pledged.

In an email to the White House dated March 21, 2021, a Facebook staff member discussed “levers for tackling vaccine hesitancy content” with Andrew Slavitt, then a senior adviser on Biden’s COVID-19 response team, and Rob Flaherty, White House director of digital strategy.

“You also asked us about our levers for reducing virality of vaccine hesitancy content,” wrote the Facebook staffer, whose identity was redacted. “As you know, in addition to removing vaccine misinformation, we have been focused on reducing the virality of content discouraging vaccines that does not contain actionable information. This is often-true content, which we allow at the post level because it is important for people to be able to discuss both their personal experiences and concerns about the vaccine, but it can be framed as sensation, alarmist, or shocking.”

“We’ll remove these Groups, Pages, and Accounts when they are disproportionately promoting this sensationalized content,” the Facebook staffer added. He or she then promised, “More on this front as we proceed to implement.”

In this email to the White House, the Facebook representative admitted to preventing exposure of content that doesn’t violate Facebook’s policies—content that isn’t “actionable.” The staffer also suggested that the White House had asked Facebook to take these measures.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Hence the term disinformation. People who are the loudest about "misinformation" are often engaging in disinformation i campaigns. If anything, the massive jab campaigns and disinformation that the jabs would protected against infection led to a relaxed attitude that is exampled when the Dems from Texas carried COVID to DC. Nothing in the early literature said it prevented asymptomatic spread.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

So basically they just admitted to banning accounts that posted true stuff they don't like at the behest of the White House.
      Last edited by Sparko; 01-13-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Not Just Misinformation: In Emails to White House, Facebook Admits Suppressing ‘Often-True Content’ on COVID-19 Vaccines

Facebook told an official at the Biden White House that the Big Tech company not only suppressed misinformation but took action against the “virality” of “often-true content” regarding the COVID-19 vaccines.

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey released the documents earlier this week. Bailey obtained them through a court case, Missouri v. Biden, alleging that some of President Joe Biden’s top officials “colluded with Big Tech social media companies to violate Americans’ right to free speech under the First Amendment.”

“I want to protect Missourians and the freedoms they enjoy, which is why as attorney general, I will always defend the Constitution,” Bailey told The Daily Signal in an email Thursday. “This case is about the Biden administration’s blatant disregard for the First Amendment and its collusion with Big Tech social media companies to suppress speech it disagrees with.”

“I will always fight back against unelected bureaucrats who seek to indoctrinate the people of this state by violating our constitutional right to free and open debate,” the Missouri attorney general pledged.

In an email to the White House dated March 21, 2021, a Facebook staff member discussed “levers for tackling vaccine hesitancy content” with Andrew Slavitt, then a senior adviser on Biden’s COVID-19 response team, and Rob Flaherty, White House director of digital strategy.

“You also asked us about our levers for reducing virality of vaccine hesitancy content,” wrote the Facebook staffer, whose identity was redacted. “As you know, in addition to removing vaccine misinformation, we have been focused on reducing the virality of content discouraging vaccines that does not contain actionable information. This is often-true content, which we allow at the post level because it is important for people to be able to discuss both their personal experiences and concerns about the vaccine, but it can be framed as sensation, alarmist, or shocking.”

“We’ll remove these Groups, Pages, and Accounts when they are disproportionately promoting this sensationalized content,” the Facebook staffer added. He or she then promised, “More on this front as we proceed to implement.”

In this email to the White House, the Facebook representative admitted to preventing exposure of content that doesn’t violate Facebook’s policies—content that isn’t “actionable.” The staffer also suggested that the White House had asked Facebook to take these measures.

It's funny how all this was already know in alternative media circles, but just wasn't easily provable at the time. Like on YT, for example, it was known by content creators there were certain words (i.e. vaccine, covid, etc.) or phrases or even certain subjects you had to avoid discussing in your videos lest the algorithms catch it and cause your videos or channel to be banned, even if what you were saying was true. Of course, the large news networks could get away with it because they were "establishment insiders." At the time, it seemed like just paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          It's funny how all this was already know in alternative media circles, but just wasn't easily provable at the time. Like on YT, for example, it was known by content creators there were certain words (i.e. vaccine, covid, etc.) or phrases or even certain subjects you had to avoid discussing in your videos lest the algorithms catch it and cause your videos or channel to be banned, even if what you were saying was true. Of course, the large news networks could get away with it because they were "establishment insiders." At the time, it seemed like just paranoia.
          So, once again, things that were "fact checked" as false are true, and things that were "fact checked" as true are false. And the government was doing its best to call the shots.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Extremely disturbing, but sadly not surprising. I've been the victim of a couple of those the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Paging rogue06. rogue06 your powaz are needed in this.
                We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

But are you stunned?
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

But are you stunned?
                    Totally.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, when Trump declares that the election was rigged, we're seeing more and more evidence that something was going on behind the scenes.

Comment

So, when Trump declares that the election was rigged, we're seeing more and more evidence that something was going on behind the scenes.
                        Laptop cover-up makes it 100% certain the election was rigged (if Trump was smart he would have focused on that fact instead of speculatory handling of ballots). Everything else is a garnish.

Comment

No doubt they'll be busy censoring anything to do with this latest story:

U.S. FDA, CDC see early signal of possible Pfizer bivalent COVID shot link to stroke

A safety monitoring system flagged that U.S. drugmaker Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) and German partner BioNTech's updated COVID-19 shot could be linked to a type of brain stroke in older adults, according to preliminary data analyzed by U.S. health authorities.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said on Friday that a CDC vaccine database had uncovered a possible safety issue in which people 65 and older were more likely to have an ischemic stroke 21 days after receiving the Pfizer/BioNTech bivalent shot, compared with days 22-44.

An ischemic stroke, also known as brain ischemia, is caused by blockages in arteries that carry blood to the brain.

The FDA and CDC said that other large studies, the CDC's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, other countries' databases and Pfizer-BioNTech's databases had not flagged this safety issue, adding that it requires more investigation.

"Although the totality of the data currently suggests that it is very unlikely that the signal in VSD (Vaccine Safety Datalink) represents a true clinical risk, we believe it is important to share this information with the public," the health authorities said.

Pfizer and BioNTech said in a statement that they have been made aware of limited reports of ischemic strokes in people 65 and older following vaccination with their updated shot.

"Neither Pfizer and BioNTech nor the CDC or FDA have observed similar findings across numerous other monitoring systems in the U.S. and globally and there is no evidence to conclude that ischemic stroke is associated with the use of the companies' COVID-19 vaccines," the companies added.

This safety concern has not been identified with Moderna's (MRNA.O) bivalent shot and both the CDC and FDA continue to recommend that everyone aged 6 months and older stay up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccination.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ts-2023-01-13/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            So basically they just admitted to banning accounts that posted true stuff they don't like at the behest of the White House.
                            No different than Twitter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Leana Wen, CNN's medical expert, is now saying that Covid-caused fatalities were grossly overcounted in the U.S. and it's time to get the real numbers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment