Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oregon schools encouraged to conceal student's gender from parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

After my failed attempt to fly, I decided that I was Tarzan. That didn't work well either...
    My next experiment was seeing if an umbrella could act as a parachute. My parents were not pleased when they found out I broke the umbrella.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Fair enough. Is your opinion on deception the same in my scenario in which instead of a difference in pronouns, there's a different nickname? Quoted for convenience:

Imagine that a student goes by the name Ollie at school and is called that name by all the students and teachers including myself. Ollie's parents hate the nickname and prefer to call him Oliver. If I use the name Oliver for that student when discussing his academic progress with his parents because that's the name they prefer to use for him am I concealing or deceiving them by following their lead?

Also, how do you feel this deception is resolved in light of my point number two in the text you quoted?
      There is no deception in your example. Ollie and Oliver are enough alike that there is no real difference, and your example is just silly.

Now if he wanted to go by "Olivia" at school and the teachers insisted on calling him "Oliver" only when talking the parents, then it would be deceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        My next experiment was seeing if an umbrella could act as a parachute. My parents were not pleased when they found out I broke the umbrella.
        Hopefully that was all that got broken.
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

There is no deception in your example. Ollie and Oliver are enough alike that there is no real difference, and your example is just silly.

Now if he wanted to go by "Olivia" at school and the teachers insisted on calling him "Oliver" only when talking the parents, then it would be deceptive.
          When using Analogies that support their side:
          Yes, the count of one is 5, and the count of the other one is purple, therefore they are comparable for an analogy.

When looking at Analogies that don't support their argument.
          Yes, the two cars were speeding with people of the same age, same gender, same criminal record, by the same cops, in the same town, with the same make and model, etc, but one car was orange so you can't compare the two cars at all, it is an entirely apples and oranges comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Hopefully that was all that got broken.
            No injuries, although it is entirely possible I got my backside blistered as a result. Apparently I instinctively understood to tuck and roll and not try to remain standing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you thought you were Mary Poppins, how cute!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So you thought you were Mary Poppins, how cute!
                Actually, I didn't think it would allow me to fly but wondered if it might provide for a soft landing -- like I regularly saw in cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

It would be wrong for a teacher or anyone really to try to convince someone they have a gender identity that individual doesn't identify with.
                  That's why kids are groomed to accept the new gender identity. Even the show Blue's Clues had a pride parade that had female animals with double mastectomy scars.

That's very different from teachers going along with a student's gender self-identifies.

And how, pray tell, do theses children become deluded to the point of allegedly having these gender self-identities? Groomers, which doesn't necessarily have a sexual component as successors are "groomed", although queer theory necessarily leads to the normalisations of adult-minor relationships.

Also, teachers using the gender identity a student identifies with has nothing to do with any type of surgery.
                  It normalises the delusion to where puberty blockers, hormone treatment, and surgery are logical progressions.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

That's why kids are groomed to accept the new gender identity. Even the show Blue's Clues had a pride parade that had female animals with double mastectomy scars.
                    I had to look this up, and sure enough they included a trans beaver with what are called "top scars"

f1jwxy6swl271.jpg
                    Not exactly prominent but still there.

Et tu Blues Clues?

Comment

Wouldn't a beaver have eight mastectomy scars?
                      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                        Wouldn't a beaver have eight mastectomy scars?
                        The rainbow brigade isn't known for its grasp of the fundamentals.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

The rainbow brigade isn't known for its grasp of the fundamentals.
                          Particularly when they want kids to relate to a beaver which mutilated itself for the sake of the LGBTQ++ agenda

Comment

I'm hearing that part of this is a "privacy concern".

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/attorneys-teachers-transitioning-kids-without-parental-consent-playground-pronouns

"It's really at the crossroads between two paramount and competing issues. The first being a child's undeniable right to privacy and the other being a parent's right to information that concerns their child," Matthew Ulmann, an attorney who previously worked at the Department of Education, said.

© Copyright Original Source

This doesn't really make sense to me. After all, in the situations we are talking about, it's not that the kid is confiding in secret to the school, it's enabling the kid to live a double life. At school they are out, proud, etc. They are IN public, expressing themselves at school, being called by their "preferred name" and "preferred pronouns" by the teachers in front of all the other students, etc.

That's not private.

Comment

I had to look this up, and sure enough they included a trans beaver with what are called "top scars"

f1jwxy6swl271.jpg
                              Not exactly prominent but still there.

Et tu Blues Clues?
                              The whole parade scene in that episode is rather yikes. It's like distilled wokeness in cartoon form.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                                I'm hearing that part of this is a "privacy concern".

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/attorneys-teachers-transitioning-kids-without-parental-consent-playground-pronouns

"It's really at the crossroads between two paramount and competing issues. The first being a child's undeniable right to privacy and the other being a parent's right to information that concerns their child," Matthew Ulmann, an attorney who previously worked at the Department of Education, said.

© Copyright Original Source

This doesn't really make sense to me. After all, in the situations we are talking about, it's not that the kid is confiding in secret to the school, it's enabling the kid to live a double life. At school they are out, proud, etc. They are IN public, expressing themselves at school, being called by their "preferred name" and "preferred pronouns" by the teachers in front of all the other students, etc.

That's not private.
                                Matthew Ulmann needs to be told that 1984 was a warning not a text book. He is guilty of doublethink.
                                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-25-2023, 07:41 PM.

Comment