Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oregon schools encouraged to conceal student's gender from parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    I'm hearing that part of this is a "privacy concern".

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/attorneys-teachers-transitioning-kids-without-parental-consent-playground-pronouns

"It's really at the crossroads between two paramount and competing issues. The first being a child's undeniable right to privacy and the other being a parent's right to information that concerns their child," Matthew Ulmann, an attorney who previously worked at the Department of Education, said.

© Copyright Original Source

This doesn't really make sense to me. After all, in the situations we are talking about, it's not that the kid is confiding in secret to the school, it's enabling the kid to live a double life. At school they are out, proud, etc. They are IN public, expressing themselves at school, being called by their "preferred name" and "preferred pronouns" by the teachers in front of all the other students, etc.

That's not private.
    exactly. And as a minor the only privacy concerns would work in reverse, with the parent being the guardian of the privacy of the child, not the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

exactly. And as a minor the only privacy concerns would work in reverse, with the parent being the guardian of the privacy of the child, not the school.
      I could see it if the child is confiding something in a teacher.

Comment

In my state they are trying to pass a bill where a child 12 and up can get the COVID vax without parental consent. Evil...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Maybe if it was something like their parents were physically abusing them at home. But then they should not keep it secret but contact the police. Of course liberals probably think a parent not letting their child choose their own gender is "abuse"

Comment

I'd limit that to cases of abuse or neglect.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

There would be no way a teacher knew the sexual orientation of a child unless the child described it to the teacher, and there would be no reason a child would describe that to a teacher unless they were having a discussions about it. There was a teacher that brought sex toys to his class and taught the kids how to use them. I'm guessing he was a big advocate of sexual orientation and having discussions about it to his class. I'm also guessing he didn't want that to get out to the parents because he was caught describing it on a hidden cam. I would imagine that's a pretty good start. Pedophiles naturally want that type of secrecy between an adult and a child.
              A teacher could know a student's sexual orientation because they mention it in class or they are in a known relationship with a same-sex student or other similar indications.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                So which do you think is taking place when this involves first graders? And given this is the age that a child could look you straight in the eye and in all seriousness declare that they're a unicorn, should teachers immediately leap forward to help promote this?
                I'm no child psychologist but it's not to my understanding that 6 years olds are even capable of the type of thinking that would involve an independent identity they would want to keep secret from their parents like converting to Christianity when they have Muslim parents or identifying as trans when they have conservative parents.

Comment

There is no deception in your example. Ollie and Oliver are enough alike that there is no real difference, and your example is just silly.

Now if he wanted to go by "Olivia" at school and the teachers insisted on calling him "Oliver" only when talking the parents, then it would be deceptive.
                  It's deception as far as the parents are concerned. The school is failing them in not reinforcing the identification they want on their child. They see a difference. (This is also, by the way, something that actually happened to a teacher friend of mine, although the name was different.) Why is one deceptive and not the other? Why don't the parents' wishes matter in one example but not the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

That's why kids are groomed to accept the new gender identity. Even the show Blue's Clues had a pride parade that had female animals with double mastectomy scars.

And how, pray tell, do theses children become deluded to the point of allegedly having these gender self-identities? Groomers, which doesn't necessarily have a sexual component as successors are "groomed", although queer theory necessarily leads to the normalisations of adult-minor relationships.

It normalises the delusion to where puberty blockers, hormone treatment, and surgery are logical progressions.
                    If the change in gender identity is self-determined it's necessarily not the result of grooming at least as far as this discussion can be concerned.

The use of certain medical treatment is a determination made one or more doctors, neither the school itself nor any of its agents have any say in that. If you believe that those methods of treatment are wrong, that's an act done by a completely unrelated party.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

I'm no child psychologist but it's not to my understanding that 6 years olds are even capable of the type of thinking that would involve an independent identity they would want to keep secret from their parents like converting to Christianity when they have Muslim parents or identifying as trans when they have conservative parents.
                      Groomers are trying to establish just such identities. That's literally what they do.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

If the change in gender identity is self-determined it's necessarily not the result of grooming at least as far as this discussion can be concerned.
                        So the decision cannot be influenced socially, especially in regard to minors? Of course some idiots think a foetus knows it's trans in the womb. Why do kids need gender unicorns or gender gingerbread men? The things are designed to entice minors.

The use of certain medical treatment is a determination made one or more doctors, neither the school itself nor any of its agents have any say in that. If you believe that those methods of treatment are wrong, that's an act done by a completely unrelated party.
                        When do you think an individual fully understands the ramifications of major disruptions to the endocrine system, a double mastectomy, or the creation of a gaping wound in the groin area? Do you believe minors can actually give informed consent to these interventions.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Comment