Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

News just in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCOTUS investigation failed to find the leaker.

Mr Trump wrote on Truth Social that “they’ll never find out, & it’s important that they do. So, go to the reporter & ask him/her who it was. If not given the answer, put whoever in jail until the answer is given. You might add the publisher and editor to the list”.

Mr Trump added that authorities should “stop playing games” because such a leak mustn’t be allowed to take place.

“It won’t take long before the name of this slime is revealed! Arrest the reporter, publisher, editor – you’ll get your answer fast. Stop playing games and wasting time!” he said.

Trump displaying his fascist credentials to his eager supporters, who include the Christian Right.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w....html?src=rssp
    Last edited by firstfloor; 01-21-2023, 06:33 PM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      SCOTUS investigation failed to find the leaker.
      They failed to admit they'd found the leaker.

Robert's purpose in the investigation was try to restore some public confidence in the court. So when they found the leaker was Alito, they can't exactly admit publicly that it was one of the justices themselves, because that will undermine public confidence in the court. In related news it's being reported that the justices are now having difficulties working with each other.

Comment

Oath Keepers attorney says Trump and his allies are ‘morally responsible’ for seditious conspiracy verdict

After a jury found four members of the far-right group the Oath Keepers guilty of sedition-related charges for their roles organising an attack on the US Capitol, a defense attorney for one of the members said Trump and his allies are “morally responsible” for advancing the bogus election fraud claims that fuelled the attack.

Scott Weinberg, an attorney for David Moerschel, said after today’s verdict that the former president and his allies pushed stolen election “nonsense” in advance of the January 6 attack.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2267268.html

Trump is still pushing the same old nonsense, and plenty folks still believe him, and some of those are helping to govern the country (or not).
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Oath Keepers attorney says Trump and his allies are ‘morally responsible’ for seditious conspiracy verdict

After a jury found four members of the far-right group the Oath Keepers guilty of sedition-related charges for their roles organising an attack on the US Capitol, a defense attorney for one of the members said Trump and his allies are “morally responsible” for advancing the bogus election fraud claims that fuelled the attack.

Scott Weinberg, an attorney for David Moerschel, said after today’s verdict that the former president and his allies pushed stolen election “nonsense” in advance of the January 6 attack.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2267268.html

Trump is still pushing the same old nonsense, and plenty folks still believe him, and some of those are helping to govern the country (or not).

So is this just a personal TDS blog?
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So is this just a personal TDS blog?
            No. Ideally for news headlines that are not covered by other threads.

Comment