Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The White House Covid Censorship Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Not the blue one? Sure looks like it to me.
    Nope, that's a surgical mask (a common mistake the last few years with people wearing those and thinking that does anything similar to an N-95, which itself has issues with the way the average person wears them).

N-95s are these:
    n95_respirator.jpg
    71LgZL1jJFL._SL1500_.jpg

He's wearing one of these:
    61Ezz8FUgeS._AC_UX569_.jpg
    Those are just surgical masks. None of the three of them are doing anything remotely protective, especially when one of them doesn't even have his useless cloth mask over his face.

Comment

The hospitals and clinics I used to work for always gave out the blue surgical masks. Glad I don't have to worry about those anymore.

Comment

The hospitals and clinics I used to work for always gave out the blue surgical masks. Glad I don't have to worry about those anymore.
        Oh, yeah, those are the ones still being handed out at doctors' offices in perfunctory compliance with the PA fascist regime.

I've been using the same balled-up one I've had in my pocket for the past couple of years. It's a single-use mask, meaning it's the single mask I actually use.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Not the blue one? Sure looks like it to me.
          That's a medical mask, but not an N95. The latter often has a visible filter on it. Kind of like a gas mask.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

No - and good for them. Misinformation about the vaccines has killed millions worldwide, many 10's of thousands in the US at least, probably more. Doing something about that is the responsibility of any platform that is used to propagate it.
            Yes, we really need to live in a nation where the government controls the media.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

That's a medical mask, but not an N95. The latter often has a visible filter on it. Kind of like a gas mask.

That's not a filter on the front, it's a one way valve allowing for exhalation.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, we really need to live in a nation where the government controls the media.
                But don't you see? It's for our own good!

(As C.S. Lewis said, the tyrant who oppresses with a clear conscience because he thinks he's doing good is the worst kind of tyrant.)
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

But don't you see? It's for our own good!

(As C.S. Lewis said, the tyrant who oppresses with a clear conscience because he thinks he's doing good is the worst kind of tyrant.)
                  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his greed may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." CS Lewis
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yup, meaning it renders the mask useless for the reason the CDC claims masks are useful for: You are supposed to be wearing the mask to protect others from YOU, not you from them. The mask in the picture does the opposite. Protection for you but no protection for anyone around you.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      No - and good for them. Misinformation about the vaccines has killed millions worldwide, many 10's of thousands in the US at least, probably more. Doing something about that is the responsibility of any platform that is used to propagate it.
                      This is often the attitude of people who see bad actors acting on their behalf -- it's a total lack of wisdom in not realizing this same band of power hungry thugs will do the same to you in a heartbeat, and never give it a second thought.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is often the attitude of people who see bad actors acting on their behalf -- it's a total lack of wisdom in not realizing this same band of power hungry thugs will do the same to you in a heartbeat, and never give it a second thought.
                        That same attitude is evident in the PSPO thread where FF, H_A, and Eider are defending the literal thought police.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That same attitude is evident in the PSPO thread where FF, H_A, and Eider are defending the literal thought police.
                          Or the Democrats deciding to change the rules to make it easier to appoint somebody to SCOTUS. I'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, but since then...

Comment

Or the Democrats deciding to change the rules to make it easier to appoint somebody to SCOTUS. I'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time, but since then...
                            Or trying to get rid of the filibuster rule. Democrats never think their own tactics will come to bite them in their tuchus.

Comment

Ah, thanks for the correction.

Comment