Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.S. attorney - classified documents from Biden's VP term found at Biden think tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could find the video of old Joe going on and on about how anyone leaving classified documents around, unsecured, is careless and reckless and irresponsible.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I wish I could find the video of old Joe going on and on about how anyone leaving classified documents around, unsecured, is careless and reckless and irresponsible.

Thing is, Obama did it, too, and as far as I know, the documents he took were never actually turned over to the National Archives but instead were put in the custody of one of his organizations with the as-yet unfilled promise to provide digital copies of all of his presidential papers. A departing president taking papers with him is an old presidential tradition that seems to have only become a problem when Trump did it.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Took 5 seconds on google. You're welcome:

also see: https://freebeacon.com/biden-adminis...assified-docs/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Did I call it or what?
          A lot of us did. It's not like it was hard to see.

This story is getting good. Biden is claiming that he has no idea where they came from and his lawyers told him not to ask what was in them. Sounds like the same story he kept telling about Hunter, that he never talked to Hunter about his businesses.
          He is still responsible for the classified documents being in his possession whether he claims ignorance or not. And as MM keeps pointing out, in Trump's case he is claiming he declassified the documents he had, whereas Biden can't claim he did that because he doesn't have the power. Maybe Obama will claim he declassified them for Biden? Let's see if the next part of my prediction comes true too.
          If that were to happen, I would be really impressed. (If Obama had declassified the documents, they would be marked accordingly.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If that were to happen, I would be really impressed. (If Obama had declassified the documents, they would be marked accordingly.)
            I don't think there is any rule that says they have to be marked declassified. The President just has to declare them so.

Comment

Took 5 seconds on google. You're welcome:

also see: https://freebeacon.com/biden-adminis...assified-docs/
              Thnx.

All I could find were comments regarding the files that old Joe just turned over.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Call it the "always an orange" argument technique. In many ways its the same general bad technique as "no true Scotsman".

What do I mean? There's always
                Ateam: <Does something bad>
                Bteam: That <bad thing> is very bad, Horrible even. It's disgraceful that anyone would ever do <bad thing>
                Bteam: <Gets caught doing bad thing>
                Ateam: Seems you've been caught doing <bad thing>
                Bteam: You can't compare the two. It's apples and oranges! While Ateam did <Bad thing with special caveat> Bteam did <Spun version of bad thing lacking special caveat>. The thing that makes it bad is <Special caveat>!

And, at the end of the day, there's ALWAYS an orange, even when the difference drops to something entirely superficial, that superficial difference will STILL be enough to claim it's apples and oranges. You can enter any sort of special caveat you want, from any source. Is the special caveat begging the question? Still an orange.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Call it the "always an orange" argument technique. In many ways its the same general bad technique as "no true Scotsman".

Bteam: That <bad thing> is very bad, Horrible even. It's disgraceful that anyone would ever do <bad thing>
                  Bteam: You can't compare the two. It's apples and oranges! While Ateam did <Bad thing with special caveat> Bteam did <Spun version of bad thing lacking special caveat>. The thing that makes it bad is <Special caveat>!

And, at the end of the day, there's ALWAYS an orange, even when the difference drops to something entirely superficial, that superficial difference will STILL be enough to claim it's apples and oranges. You can enter any sort of special caveat you want, from any source. Is the special caveat begging the question? Still an orange.
                  Well if they want to be honest () they would say the "special caveat" is "Conservative/Republican"

Comment

Well if they want to be honest () they would say the "special caveat" is "Conservative/Republican"
                    Sort of like the denial that the new Democrat House leader is an avowed election denier because only conservatives/Republicans can, by their definition, be an election denier.

Comment

When the <Special caveat> is written into the law, then I think that really does make it apples and oranges.

Comment

Penn Biden Center Funded With $54.6 Million From Anonymous Chinese Donors

According to public records, at least $54 million was donated to the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington by individuals with ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) between 2014 and 2019. The Penn Biden Center is where several classified documents were located in early November, locked in a closet in President Biden’s former office.

https://creativedestructionmedia.com...hinese-donors/
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Thing is, Obama did it, too, and as far as I know, the documents he took were never actually turned over to the National Archives but instead were put in the custody of one of his organizations with the as-yet unfilled promise to provide digital copies of all of his presidential papers. A departing president taking papers with him is an old presidential tradition that seems to have only become a problem when Trump did it.
                          That's been debunked for quite some time now.

Comment

When the <Special caveat> is written into the law, then I think that really does make it apples and oranges.
                            It all depends. It becomes "always an orange" when originally the <Special Caveat> was an after thought in the original conversation. Like "No true scotsman" it's a constant goalpost shift.

A <gets caught Drinking>
                            B "Drinking is Bad!"
                            B <Gets caught drinking>
                            A "Hypocrite, you just got caught drinking"
                            B "You were obviously drunk, I was not. That's an entirely different thing.
                            B <Gets caught being aboslutely drunk>
                            A "Still a hypocrite, you just got caught drinking until obviously drunk."
                            B "Apples and oranges, You are underage, I am old enough to drink alcohol"
                            B <proof is found that he was drinking when underage>
                            A "Are you ever NOT a hypocrite? It's obvious you drank underage.
                            B "Not comparable at all, I was dressed respectfully at a social function, you were dressed as a gothic punk"

Like all goalpost shifts, "always an orange" keeps finding a new reason why something isn't comparable.

That immediately happened with Biden. Originally it was "irresponsible" just to have mishandled classified information. Once Biden was caught having done the same thing, suddenly, they found an orange.

Comment

It all depends. It becomes "always an orange" when originally the <Special Caveat> was an after thought in the original conversation. Like "No true scotsman" it's a constant goalpost shift.

A <gets caught Drinking>
                              B "Drinking is Bad!"
                              B <Gets caught drinking>
                              A "Hypocrite, you just got caught drinking"
                              B "You were obviously drunk, I was not. That's an entirely different thing.
                              B <Gets caught being aboslutely drunk>
                              A "Still a hypocrite, you just got caught drinking until obviously drunk."
                              B "Apples and oranges, You are underage, I am old enough to drink alcohol"
                              B <proof is found that he was drinking when underage>
                              A "Are you ever NOT a hypocrite? It's obvious you drank underage.
                              B "Not comparable at all, I was dressed respectfully at a social function, you were dressed as a gothic punk"

Like all goalpost shifts, "always an orange" keeps finding a new reason why something isn't comparable.

That immediately happened with Biden. Originally it was "irresponsible" just to have mishandled classified information. Once Biden was caught having done the same thing, suddenly, they found an orange.
                              That is similar to trying to argue with some unnamed people on tweb *cough* H_A *cough* Shuny *cough cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's been debunked for quite some time now.
                                I think you mean "debunked".
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment