Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.S. attorney - classified documents from Biden's VP term found at Biden think tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That's just about as disingenuous an excuse to criticize I've seen yet.. He had 4 years of work to do, he couldn't pack up till it was time to leave. You don't pack up stuff till it's either time to leave and/or you have a reasonable expectation not to need what you are packing doing the Job itself.
    He's not working on four-years worth of tasks constantly and simultaneously, most should have been done by the time he was ready to leave. I certainly never needed to keep work from three years ago sitting on my desk. And he wouldn't be packing all the boxes by himself. I

Talk about disingenuous. You will invent any new contortion to defend your man.

Comment

Since when is it does anyone pack up their working materials and references before it's time to leave the office? That is particularly lame.
      You seem to be suffering under the false impression that classified material is actually the property of the person who is actually mishandling it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's just about as disingenuous an excuse to criticize I've seen yet.. He had 4 years of work to do, he couldn't pack up till it was time to leave. You don't pack up stuff till it's either time to leave and/or you have a reasonable expectation not to need what you are packing doing the Job itself.
        You are demonstrating a profound ignorance of how the classified document system is supposed to work, in spite of your claims of having been briefed several times a year, or whatever your claim was. I'm wondering if maybe Hillary was the person briefing you.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          You seem awfully confident in your claim that Biden's classified documents "are being found strewn all over the place." Do you have a trustworthy source claiming that they weren't all packed away in boxes?

(Also, Biden's library was not thoroughly searched three times.)
          If they were all in one location then they would have been found in the first search and further searches would have found nothing.

If they remained in boxes they would have been rather easy to find in one search. That it has taken at least three searches to uncover them demonstrates that they were squirreled away in different locations in his personal private library.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Time pressure? What in tarnation are you talking about?

We'll put aside the Senate documents he stole which completely level your nonsense. Let's just talk about VP documents.

They had 4 years to make sure all of his things were appropriately ready to be packed up without containing classified documents. He knew he was out of office from 2008 onwards, because it was their second term. How in the HELL was there "time pressure"? And even if he had been in a situation like Trump where it was the first term and a sudden loss of re-election, even then there is over 2 months.

Time pressure my dog's hairy bum.
            Really no need to go past the bolded since that demolishes that fantasy.

Old Joe has been illegally squirreling away classified material for decades.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              No, Jim, Joe Biden is responsible for any classified documents in his garage. As much as you would love him to be able to blame it on "staffers", it's his house, his garage, his responsibility.
              But Joe assures us he kept the garage locked, so it's okay.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                You seem awfully confident in your claim that Biden's classified documents "are being found strewn all over the place." Do you have a trustworthy source claiming that they weren't all packed away in boxes?

(Also, Biden's library was not thoroughly searched three times.)
                Are you saying that Biden's lawyers lied about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  If they were all in one location then they would have been found in the first search and further searches would have found nothing.

If they remained in boxes they would have been rather easy to find in one search. That it has taken at least three searches to uncover them demonstrates that they were squirreled away in different locations in his personal private library.
                  It only demonstrates that the boxes were in multiple locations and that there were a large number of documents to examine. Each new discovery likely resulted in a widening search circle in an effort to clear the issue.

I'm still wandering of we'll hear about Obama or Carter or Clinton or Bush making similar discoveries. But they may not be as forthcoming as Pence or Biden were.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What I see in all this Biden stuff is just a lot of embarassed Republicans hoping they can find something comperable in Biden that was found nearly every day in Trump. So, till there is something real beyond speculation and inuindo, I'm not going to be overly impressed. It is not good that these documents were found in the posession of Trump, Biden, and Pence, but there is no comparision betwen Biden and Trump in any aspect of this problem. Pence is in the best position of the three, but Trump is 'ahead' by at least an order of magnitude in terms of potential culpability and potential criminal intent. None of them will likely answer in any significant way for it.
                    Some of us understand all of this stands on its own and doesn't require being seen through any Trumpian lens.

I'll admit to a level of schadenfreude is involved here for me given old Joe's hypocritical and sanctimonious speech now that we know he's been illegally taking and hoarding classified documents for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      But Joe assures us he kept the garage locked, so it's okay.
                      Particularly when the door is left standing open when old Joe drives off in his car, like in the campaign ad.

Comment

Old Joe has been illegally squirreling away classified material for decades.
                        Joe be like

Comment

Some of us understand all of this stands on its own and doesn't require being seen through any Trumpian lens.

I'll admit to a level of schadenfreude is involved here for me given old Joe's hypocritical and sanctimonious speech now that we know he's been illegally taking and hoarding classified documents for decades.

The accusation he stole them makes clear you are just as obsessed wrt Biden as you like to pretend I am about Trump. The only difference is that obsession is shared by the entire MAGA clan here at TWEB.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It only demonstrates that the boxes were in multiple locations and that there were a large number of documents to examine. Each new discovery likely resulted in a widening search circle in an effort to clear the issue.

I'm still wandering of we'll hear about Obama or Carter or Clinton or Bush making similar discoveries. But they may not be as forthcoming as Pence or Biden were.
                            So you want us to believe that after the first search someone noticed more boxes sitting in the room that nobody searched?

And then after the second search the FBI came in and found even more boxes that again some how failed to be searched?

That's what you envision?

All I can say is, go ahead pull the other one. It's got bells on it.

Comment

The accusation he stole them makes clear you are just as obsessed wrt Biden as you like to pretend I am about Trump. The only difference is that obsession is shared by the entire MAGA clan here at TWEB.
                              I voted for Trump. Will vote for him again in 2024.

Comment

So you want us to believe that after the first search someone noticed more boxes sitting in the room that nobody searched?

And then after the second search the FBI came in and found even more boxes that again some how failed to be searched?

That's what you envision?

All I can say is, go ahead pull the other one. It's got bells on it.
                                I don't care what you believe. My belief is that once they realized they had a problem they engaged in a search of all possible locations where records were kept. I assume the time delays were due to limitations in staff to do the search (since they are looking for classified documents, they themselves would need to be cleared) and the number of locations and the quantity of non-secret records that had to be hand examined, one by one. Do you understand that if one piece of paper from a document has a classified portion marking the entire page is classified? Mistakes were made. All normal boundaries have to be assumed to have potentially been violated. That means they can't just look for folders marked secret. They have to carefully examine EACH PIECE OF PAPER to be absolutely sure no other classified documents were accidentally packed.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-29-2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment