Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.S. attorney - classified documents from Biden's VP term found at Biden think tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the one with Obama, Carter, Clinton, and Bush in their own back rooms hunting for their own stash is the best, and likely the most accurate. As I said, I think it is clear at this point that at least for Biden and Pence (and most others that might make similar appearances) this was a process problem, not an intentional act.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I think the one with Obama, Carter, Clinton, and Bush in their own back rooms hunting for their own stash is the best, and likely the most accurate. As I said, I think it is clear at this point that at least for Biden and Pence (and most others that might make similar appearances) this was a process problem, not an intentional act.
      Once might be a process problem. Twice might be a major oops. But old Joe had classified documents stashed in at least five separate locations (so far)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Once might be a process problem. Twice might be a major oops. But old Joe had classified documents stashed in at least five separate locations (so far)
        At the very least - gross incompetence.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

At the very least - gross incompetence.
          Likely passed that point at after the third or fourth cache was uncovered.

Early on some of Biden's supporters indicated that he was writing a book and was using the papers for that. I suspect that might be the case. But that would make taking the papers deliberate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not really. If the process problem has existed for a while, and Biden has never been into the areas or boxes in question. Are you saying you don't have boxes in an attic or garage you've not looked in for over 20 years? I certainly do (and someday I've going to purge them too )
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not really. If the process problem has existed for a while, and Biden has never been into the areas or boxes in question. Are you saying you don't have boxes in an attic or garage you've not looked in for over 20 years? I certainly do (and someday I've going to purge them too )
              What's really interesting is the actual subject matter of the classified documents Biden had, and his son's free access thereof.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not really. If the process problem has existed for a while, and Biden has never been into the areas or boxes in question. Are you saying you don't have boxes in an attic or garage you've not looked in for over 20 years. I certainly do (and someday I've going to purge them too )
                Areas like his private office at Penn State? Areas like the garage where he keeps his beloved Corvette? Areas like all over his private personal library?

It may be that he no longer remembers going into these areas but the idea he was never there is a ridiculous grasping of straws.

At this point I half expect them to find a cache he left on what's now an old decommissioned AMTRACK car, or if Hunter ran across them while he was staying at the house, left in some strip club where he shared them with some of his Chinese business associates.

Comment

Areas like his private office at Penn State? Areas like the garage where he keeps his beloved Corvette? Areas like all over his private personal library?

It may be that he no longer remembers going into these areas but the idea he was never there is a ridiculous grasping of straws.

At this point I half expect them to find a cache he left on what's now an old decommissioned AMTRACK car, or if Hunter ran across them while he was staying at the house, left in some strip club where he shared them with some of his Chinese business associates.
                  My boxes I've not opened in 20 years are in the same room as my shop. I don't think there is any reason to believe Biden's situation is any different than Pence's situation. Given the situation with trump, both Biden and Pence went to make sure they were clean and found out they weren't. The difference is that as soon as they knew, the secured the docs and called the relevant authorities. That is as it should be, given that the documents are there. Keeping in mind these boxes were not packed directly by either man. To show malicious intent, you are going to need something more than just that they were found in unopened boxes, like trying to conceal them, or refusing to properly handle them once discovered.

I will say that Pence in all this, as he did Jan 6, is showing himself to be a cut above either Biden or Trump (several cuts in fact)
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-28-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

My boxes I've not opened in 20 years are in the same room as my shop. I don't think there is any reason to believe Biden's situation is any different than Pence's situation. Given the situation with trump, both Biden and Pence went to make sure they were clean and found out they weren't. The difference is that as soon as they knew, the secured the docs and called the relevant authorities. That is as it should be, given that the documents are there. Keeping in mind these boxes were not packed directly by either man. To show malicious intent, you are going to need something more than just that they were found in unopened boxes, like trying to conceal them, or refusing to properly handle them once discovered.

I will say that Pence in all this, as he did Jan 6, is showing himself to be a cut above either Biden or Trump (several cuts in fact)
                    I'll bet you know what's in those boxes.

All of your excuses might hold water if there was, like in the case of Pence, a single box with some in it. But that's not the case for old Joe. They are being found strewn all over the place. And given that it has taken at least three thorough searches of his library to uncover all (?) of them just in that one room, that suggests that someone sought to hide them.

Comment

All of your excuses might hold water if there was, like in the case of Pence, a single box with some in it. But that's not the case for old Joe. They are being found strewn all over the place. And given that it has taken at least three thorough searches of his library to uncover all (?) of them just in that one room, that suggests that someone sought to hide them.
                      What I see in all this Biden stuff is just a lot of embarassed Republicans hoping they can find something comperable in Biden that was found nearly every day in Trump. So, till there is something real beyond speculation and inuindo, I'm not going to be overly impressed. It is not good that these documents were found in the posession of Trump, Biden, and Pence, but there is no comparision betwen Biden and Trump in any aspect of this problem. Pence is in the best position of the three, but Trump is 'ahead' by at least an order of magnitude in terms of potential culpability and potential criminal intent. None of them will likely answer in any significant way for it.

Comment

You seem awfully confident in your claim that Biden's classified documents "are being found strewn all over the place." Do you have a trustworthy source claiming that they weren't all packed away in boxes?

(Also, Biden's library was not thoroughly searched three times.)

Comment

What I see in all this Biden stuff is just a lot of embarassed Republicans hoping they can find something comperable in Biden that was found nearly every day in Trump. So, till there is something real beyond speculation and inuindo, I'm not going to be overly impressed. It is not good that these documents were found in the posession of Trump, Biden, and Pence, but there is no comparision betwen Biden and Trump in any aspect of this problem. Pence is in the best position of the three, but Trump is 'ahead' by at least an order of magnitude in terms of potential culpability and potential criminal intent. None of them will likely answer in any significant way for it.
                          Is there any proof Trump was using his government position to secretly (and criminally) deal with foreign elements? And before you say "there's no evidence of that" -- one name: Bobulinski.

Comment

Unfortunately, Joe's own words refute this hypothesis. When asked by a reporter what he was thinking keeping classified documents at his private residence, Joe's response was something to effect of, "Come on, man, I kept them locked in the garage next to my Corvette," which clearly suggests knowledge and deliberate intent.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Is there any proof Trump was using his government position to secretly (and criminally) deal with foreign elements? And before you say "there's no evidence of that" -- one name: Bobulinski.
                              I'm afraid I don't hang out in the right-wing bubble, so could you point me to where Bobulinski has accused Joe Biden of using his government position to secretly and criminally deal with foreign elements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm afraid I don't hang out in the right-wing bubble, so could you point me to where Bobulinski has accused Joe Biden of using his government position to secretly and criminally deal with foreign elements?

We had extensive discussions about it in the Burisma thread, of which you participated (and where you got egg on your face for initially denying any of it was true like you usually do).

Comment