Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

U.S. attorney - classified documents from Biden's VP term found at Biden think tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

So he lost a classified document and didn't report it? That would be negligence. It getting packed up and sent to his home where they sat for a minimum of 14 years that would be gross negligence he had 14 years to go through those documents.
    No, the duration of time wouldn't make it gross negligence.

Trump was only allowed less then a year of the 12 years minimum leeway he as a former president is allowed to by law to go through the documents the Presidential records act as AFAIK supersedes any laws the National Archives is using, judging by how all other former Presidents have been treated regarding the rights to documents created during their Presidency.
    No, Trump is not allowed to keep presidential records for 12 years. He isn't allowed to keep them at all.

Here are the facts Biden as a Senator took the documents out of a secure area which made him responsible for them. The documents did not get put back in to that secure area. Biden did not report them missing they then get taken to his home where they are found 14+ years later Biden is still responsible for the documents. And the excuse given is Biden did not know he had them? Give me a break Stoic you are grasping at straws here and they are getting thinner next you will be saying aliens did it.
    Facts? You don't even know who took the documents out of a secure area. Try to have a little patience, and let the investigators do their job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      It would be interesting to know if the average politician tends to be this careless with classified material or if it's just Joe.

If the FBI went and searched Obama, Bush, Cheney, Pence, etc, offices and properties, would they find classified materials or not?
      I bet they all took stuff home that they weren't supposed to. Hopefully they ended up in a secured place, and not in a garage anywhere near Hunter Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So you've never heard of the presumption of innocence. Got it.
        I'm glad that you presume the the innocence of Trump on this matter...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Prosecutors would still need to prove that it was intentional. If he kept any of them in his desk drawer with his passport, that'll be easier.

Yeah, I wonder why they use that particular phrase.
          Once is an accident. Maybe twice. But what are we up to now? 10 different locations? Some dating back to when he was a Senator? Senators are not allowed to view classified documents outside of a SCIF. They certainly can't take them home with them. So he would have had to sneak them out of a SCIF and then take them home with him. No way that is a mistake. So "Gross Negligence" is being kind.

Comment

He's not allowed to take them home with him. But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen without his knowledge.

As one possibility, they get mixed up with some unclassified documents, and stuck in a filing cabinet. Then, when Biden leaves the Senate, the contents of the filing cabinet get shipped to his home.
            Your own source said they had to be returned to the SCIF for overnight storage, meaning he can't even keep them more than a day, so how would they get mixed up with other documents (which is negligence in itself?)

Your excuses are wearing thin.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-finds-6-more-classified-documents-search-biden-delaware-home-attorney-says/

The total number of known classified documents found since November is between 25 and 30, the source familiar with the inquiry said. This total includes those found at the Penn Biden Center and the Wilmington house.

© Copyright Original Source

The sheer number of years involved and the number of documents involved makes the excuse "it was an accident" or "carelessness" pretty hard to believe. Once or twice? Maybe. But this many? No way. He would have to be extremely negligent or he took them deliberately.

Comment

Do you have any reason to believe that Biden is not cooperating with the investigation?
              The only reason that we have reason to believe he has comes from his lawyers and that gets reported as fact written in stone. That the Special Counsel and investigators might not agree is demonstrated by the shift from allowing the lawyers to conduct the search by themselves, totally unsupervised, to the FBI going in and conducting their own search. And guess what? Finding more documents with those huge CLASSIFIED or TOP SECRET headings on them that these lawyers somehow missed in their multiple supposedly exhaustive searches. Now the FBI is talking about having to go and search other sites as well indicating they don't believe everything was turned over.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So once again Biden does what Trump is accused of, but on steroids and he's still defended as having done no wrong. It's mind boggling just how much mental gymnastics the "blue no matter who" types are capable of. The horseshoe theory seems to be more and more accurate by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Once is an accident. Maybe twice. But what are we up to now? 10 different locations? Some dating back to when he was a Senator? Senators are not allowed to view classified documents outside of a SCIF. They certainly can't take them home with them. So he would have had to sneak them out of a SCIF and then take them home with him. No way that is a mistake. So "Gross Negligence" is being kind.
                  Yeah, this latest discovery of yet more documents -- ones that the cooperating lawyers somehow failed to hand over -- is especially disturbing in that it reveals a pattern of behavior stretching over decades.

But "nobody [f-bomb]s with a Biden" and he has "no regrets" regarding his behavior so he seems confident that this will be whitewashed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    So once again Biden does what Trump is accused of, but on steroids and he's still defended as having done no wrong. It's mind boggling just how much mental gymnastics the "blue no matter who" types are capable of. The horseshoe theory seems to be more and more accurate by the day.
                    Well, Hillary smashed devices, "bleach bitted" servers, and had a bootleg server, improper mail accounts, but all is forgiven, even though Comey laid out an iron-clad case against her, before declaring no reasonable prosecutor....
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, Hillary smashed devices, "bleach bitted" servers, and had a bootleg server, improper mail accounts, but all is forgiven, even though Comey laid out an iron-clad case against her, before declaring no reasonable prosecutor....

At this point I think Biden, Hunter and Trump should share a cell in Leavenworth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

At this point I think Biden, Hunter and Trump should share a cell in Leavenworth.
                        docs4.jpg

Comment

• After the recent discovery of yet more documents in an area declared searched, the cartoons have started up again.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              So once again Biden does what Trump is accused of, but on steroids and he's still defended as having done no wrong. It's mind boggling just how much mental gymnastics the "blue no matter who" types are capable of. The horseshoe theory seems to be more and more accurate by the day.
                              This is why we're headed down an inevitable path of some sort of physical conflict. Does anyone think this partisan divide will get better and return to normal in the near future or get worse?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

This is why we're headed down an inevitable path of some sort of physical conflict. Does anyone think this partisan divide will get better and return to normal in the near future or get worse?
                                The 60s and early 70s got pretty bad but didn't result in physical conflict (except for the Democratic Convention in Chicago in 1968 and the mistake that was Kent State) so I don't see it as inevitable.

Comment