Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chinese military short of troops trained in hi-tech operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese military short of troops trained in hi-tech operations

Some highlights from the article. Especially given the tension over Taiwan, China's lagging behind in technology training seems to be a saving grace, though, given the US' focus on DIE nonsense, it's more and more imaginable that China will soon catch up to the US. When that happens, China will cement its dominance over the US as even now, all of those "Made In China" labels gives China the edge to plunge the US into crippling supply shortages should war break out even now.

Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3205251/chinese-military-short-troops-trained-hi-tech-operations-pla-daily-reveals-rare-show-candour

Chinese military short of troops trained in hi-tech operations, PLA Daily reveals in rare show of candour
    • Vice-captain of corvette yet to complete training test, military paper says, confirming reports of a lingering talent shortage, especially in the navy
    • In another first, the report cites ‘training resources imbalance’ and ship maintenance as reasons for the backlog holding up many promotions

The vice-captain of a warship has yet to complete a key training test, China’s military has revealed, in an indirect but rare acknowledgement of its shortage of highly skilled troops.

The admission, in a recent media report, highlights a core problem as China speeds up the modernisation of the People’s Liberation Army – a lack of hi-tech expertise limiting state-of-the-art equipment from use to its full extent, especially in the navy.

This has left the PLA Navy short of adequately skilled personnel to operate newly enlisted ships and hi-tech hardware, a situation framed by the report as “equipment awaiting talent”.

“In recent years, as new warships have been commissioned and old ships retired, the problem of ‘equipment awaiting talent’ has become increasingly severe,” said the report, published on December 26.

Song Zhongping, a former instructor in the Chinese military, said naval personnel from retired ships had to be trained to familiarise themselves with the new ships that were more automated and information-based.

“Some veteran soldiers have to be trained as fresh recruits are to be ready for their new roles, such as commanders and key operators of more modern warships,” Song said.

The revelation from the military mouthpiece was rare in that it not only confirmed the reportedly lingering problem of a shortage of well-trained personnel, but also specified the reasons that led to the talent shortage.

“For a modern navy, it’s imperative for its soldiers to understand and master skills like operating drones and cooperate with other forces on the ground and in the sky,” Ni said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I'm sure Xi is throwing a watch party for Western (read US [and UK as they're worth something]) military hardware reserves.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

This is precisely why Trump's foreign policy was centered around US economic security, but so many people didn't get, and now we have China right where they want us.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment