Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ray Epps Told Nephew He ‘Orchestrated’ January 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Epps Told Nephew He ‘Orchestrated’ January 6

And, since it's a slow day....

Ray Epps Told Nephew He ‘Orchestrated’ January 6

Ray Epps, a mysterious January 6 figure some theorized to be a federal informant, told his nephew that he “orchestrated” what transpired that day in 2021.

The bombastic assertion was revealed in a lightly redacted transcript released Thursday by the House January 6 Committee. Claiming he made a poor choice of words to his nephew, Epps insisted to congressional investigators his actions had nothing to do with inciting the Capitol riot and, to the contrary, he was trying to stop the onset of violence. Epps, who is seen in video clips encouraging people to march into the Capitol, also flatly denied he was acting on behalf of any government agency while in Washington, D.C.

His nephew, 28-year-old Dalin, texted Epps on the morning of January 6, saying, “You and Jim be safe.” Jim is Epps’ son, who was also in the nation’s capital. Hours later, at 2:12 p.m., as the violence at the Capitol was getting underway, Epps responded with a brag. “I was in the front with a few others. I also orchestrated it,” he said.

Investigators pressed Epps to explain his wording.

“I just meant that I got — you have to understand our relationship, uncle-nephew. We hunt together. We fun with each other [sic]. We do that kind of stuff,” he said. “What I meant by ‘orchestrate,’ I helped get people there.”

Epps also said he “took credit for it, but I didn’t know what I was taking credit for,” and later claimed he used the wrong word. “I won’t know what the right word is, but ‘orchestrating’ — my wife has told me over and over, you shouldn’t say things you don’t — you know, I shouldn’t have used that word,” he said.

As Epps would tell it, what he really was eager for was a “peaceful demonstration” about the election, and he lamented how a party-like gathering was “hijacked” by troublemakers.

Family is a common theme over the course of the interview with the House committee, which took place on January 21 of this year.

Epps, an Arizona man and former Oath Keeper, said he traveled to Washington, D.C., to spend time with his son. He said he was there at the behest of his wife who was concerned about their son’s safety amid reports of unrest in various cities.

Despite this motivation, Epps described multiple occasions in which he was separated from his son and his son’s friend. That includes when Epps left Trump’s rally on the Ellipse near the White House on January 6 — right when the former president started to speak around noon.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

So does this guy have any credibility and why now?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And yet Epps says he's innocent and persecuted. Really, the only way he could be innocent at this point is if he's the stupidest man on the face of the earth. Absolutely everything he did incriminated him.

Comment

And why wasn’t he arrested at the beginning like the other people? And why wouldn’t the FBI answer questions about him?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          And why wasn’t he arrested at the beginning like the other people? And why wouldn’t the FBI answer questions about him?
          That's what we all want to know and one of the reasons we do not trust the Washington D.C branch of the FBI

Comment

Obviously he is just trying to cover for Trump!!!

Comment