Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ranking Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

In any case, there are a lot of people who get a big kick out of knowing "secrets" others don't know. Sometimes they get a kick out of sharing, sometimes the get a kick out of knowing and not sharing.
    Quit nagging. I'm not tellin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

In any case, there are a lot of people who get a big kick out of knowing "secrets" others don't know. Sometimes they get a kick out of sharing, sometimes the get a kick out of knowing and not sharing.
      I love uncovering hidden content and deeper story stuff, and I love sharing to anyone who will listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

This is now being intentionally placed in various media, especially horror video games, to either convey hidden messages to those who are trying to dive deep into the story, or to give it a more sinister tone. Gravity Falls and Five Nights at Freddy's have really kicked off a trend of giving extensive lore and puzzles into a lot of stuff. I'm genuinely impressed by the amount of time and effort that is put into some of these puzzles and ARG*.

*Alternate Reality Game for those that don't know. Basically a puzzle is introduced in a show, movie, game etc. that has part of its solution in the real world. Some of these are so extensive that they were in the works years before the public even knew they existed.
        Oh you mean Easter Eggs

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Oh you mean Easter Eggs
          Basically, yeah. They've gotten a lot more complex than they were back in the days of Treasure Hunt. Look up Gravity Falls ARG, or watch some of the videos on Five Nights at Freddy's on Game Theory for some interesting examples.

Comment

• Personally, I'm more interested in conspiracies that were once considered theories until they became known as fact. Or better, conspiracies that would have been dismissed as unbelievable "conspiracy theories" if it weren't for leaked docs or witnesses that came forward many years later, or both. I find that far more interesting than conspiracies that can be easily demonstrated as false (i.e. flat earth), or have yet to be uncovered as factual. The ones we know about proves conspiracies (even the most outrageous and evil in nature) have been consistently happening all the time, including ones that involved more folks than we think is plausible for the success of a conspiracy.

As far as government -- there are so many to choose from! -- I'd have to go with Mk-Ultra and Operation Northwoods as being my top 5 most outrageous and unbelievable government conspiracies, though I down rank the latter a bit only because JFK didn't actually carry it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              One conspiracy theory that needs debunking is the one that Teallaura concocted and is spreading

CTA+squirrel+square+1.jpg

She's been putting these lies in subways and busses
              photo+2.jpg

And just because that last picture was taken by squirrels in a Hoomin Suit™ doesn't mean anything. After all, it takes only 5 squirrels to operate it (a skeleton crew of 3 can do it in a pinch), not 7. And they only have about a thousand of them so it is ridiculous in the extreme to contend that 1 in 7 people anywhere are actually squirrels. Teal's just being paranoid.
              Er, maybe you shouldn't provide the proof of what you're denying.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment