Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One World Government - the Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One World Government - the Great Reset

Liberals laugh it off like it's some Conservative Conspiracy Theory.

I'm amazed they seem unaware of The Great Reset, even though it's been mentioned here frequently lately.

The Great Reset - The World Economic Forum

Takes you to the website of the WEForum.org.

I'm particularly interested in how our liberal Christians view this.

COVID-19 lockdowns may be gradually easing, but anxiety about the world’s social and economic prospects is only intensifying. There is good reason to worry: a sharp economic downturn has already begun, and we could be facing the worst depression since the 1930s. But, while this outcome is likely, it is not unavoidable.

To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.

Some conservatives have suggested that a big factor in COVID was "control".

You can even see his (Klaus Schwab) book - Covid19: The Great Reset on Amazon.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm amazed they seem unaware of The Great Reset, even though it's been mentioned here frequently lately.

COVID-19 lockdowns may be gradually easing, but anxiety about the world’s social and economic prospects is only intensifying. There is good reason to worry: a sharp economic downturn has already begun, and we could be facing the worst depression since the 1930s. But, while this outcome is likely, it is not unavoidable.

To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.

Once again, the difference between a Conspiracy Theory and the truth is about six months...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Not was... is. We'll see in 2023 that it still is.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Not was... is. We'll see in 2023 that it still is.
        And one of the major factors, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that "we" have conditioned US citizens to spy on one another, and to "fight the fight" for the government.
        As in - people becoming irate about others not wearing masks, and taking matters into their own hands.

I had often wondered how our Nation could ever come to the place where we actually went to war with one another, but we're on that glidepath again.

Utah woman assaulted by fellow Walmart shopper for not wearing mask, police say

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And one of the major factors, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that "we" have conditioned US citizens to spy on one another, and to "fight the fight" for the government.
          As in - people becoming irate about others not wearing masks, and taking matters into their own hands.

I had often wondered how our Nation could ever come to the place where we actually went to war with one another, but we're on that glidepath again.

Utah woman assaulted by fellow Walmart shopper for not wearing mask, police say

Yeah, folks in the US thinking it's over just because we're tried of it, doesn't mean there's not a whole covid cult army out there across the nation that will jump in compliance to any government dictate once the fearmongering about spreading variants starts up all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Yeah, folks in the US thinking it's over just because we're tried of it, doesn't mean there's not a whole covid cult army out there across the nation that will jump in compliance to any government dictate once the fearmongering about spreading variants starts up all over again.
            And we have seen where, in the UK, one can be arrested simply for praying "in their head". The world is an insane asylum run by the inmates!

So, in those "left behind" scenarios, where we all wondered how people could be conned into turning the Christians over to the bad guys --- we're seeing how that can actually happen.

Comment

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Indeed. On the one hand no-one wants their freedoms taken away by some overarching group trying to define what should and should not be. On the other hand every attempt to right wrongs that oppress millions, or say, to manage a pandemic and save millions of lives, becomes an example of the former.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-26-2022, 11:15 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I think they laugh it off because they envision the UN becoming the new federal government and nation-states taking their marching orders from there. It won't be the UN. It will be the traitorous compliance of elected officials throughout world democracies, to organizations like WEF. Any time a group of nations gets together and agree to limit the freedom of their citizens, we are going down the path.

Comment

How many people think "Build Back Better" is just Joe's campaign slogan? The phrase has actually been used around the world to promote the World Economic Forum's policies and agenda.

A true recovery from COVID-19 will not be about putting things back together the way they were: we need to ‘build back better’, to 'reset', if we are to address the deep systemic vulnerabilities the pandemic has exposed.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ism-heres-how/
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-27-2022, 07:07 AM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Indeed. On the one hand no-one wants their freedoms taken away by some overarching group trying to define what should and should not be. On the other hand every attempt to right wrongs that oppress millions, or say, to manage a pandemic and save millions of lives, becomes an example of the former.
                      There are few evils greater than those in which the perpetrator has convinced himself that he's doing it for the good of others.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think they laugh it off because they envision the UN becoming the new federal government and nation-states taking their marching orders from there. It won't be the UN. It will be the traitorous compliance of elected officials throughout world democracies, to organizations like WEF. Any time a group of nations gets together and agree to limit the freedom of their citizens, we are going down the path.
                        One thing strikes me as incredibly ironic. The folks concerned about the percieved as yet unrealized 'threat' of the WEF are the ones defending an actual insurrection, refusing to listen to the evidence showing what it was and why it happened. An insurrection called forth by a former president for the purpose of stopping the certification of the duly elected next president of the United States.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There are few evils greater than those in which the perpetrator has convinced himself that he's doing it for the good of others.
                          It is true that persons willing to abandon principles for 'the end justifies the means' are quite dangerous. Unfortunately for American evangelicals and conservatives, the acceptance of that truth is very much selective. It depends to a great extent on whether the end goal is one they personally support.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            I think of the pastor, in the one Left Behind episode, who was very distraught because he thought he knew the Bible, but totally missed the whole thing about the rapture. One can be totally absorbed in their own understanding of Scripture that they miss the calling of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              That, and all the "good citizens" who thought they were "on the right side" by turning on those who refused to comply, and reporting them. I used to scoff at some of the "technology" in those Left Behind movies, but just look around -- my own wife was (quite reluctantly) part of the CDC's Contract Tracing program for COVID-19. As got into it more and more, her boss, a Christian woman, called a meeting and told her department they're getting out of it, and will not be accepting any more grants for the program. She made it clear that she might be fired, but, subsequently, her boss applauded her for standing up. The whole time my wife was involved with it, she just had a sense that something was really really wrong about it.

Yeah, I know, paranaoid, right?

Comment