Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One World Government - the Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Well, that the irony would relate to an aspect not mentioned in your post is part of why it is ironic. From my perspective, the irony is how much a real and present danger is downplayed, while an imagined danger is obsessed upon.
    If any of us downplayed the China flu threat, it's only because it was being overplayed by certain people in power who were forcing unproven mitigation strategies on us and refusing to relent despite there being zero evidence that they were effective. For instance, the six foot rule was invented by someone who thought it sounded good and not because there is any scientific basis for it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/graison...h=7160e235e8e6

As for masks, there are years of studies which prove that masks, even of the N95 variety, do not stop respiratory infections from being spread:

https://www.cfp.ca/content/66/7/509

It's important to look for studies done before the pandemic, because after the pandemic, new studies were commissioned with the explicit agenda of "proving" that masks actually are effective after all. Here's one example:

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...ws-masks-arent

Then there were the millions of people who lost their jobs due to the "two weeks to flatten the curve" scam, and the devastating mental health effects on people forced into isolation for two years.

So, yes, we are naturally suspicious of a group like the WEF who promotes the idea of suppressing our freedoms for our own good.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That depends.

Is there any evidence that contact tracing has been used for any purpose other than to warn people that they had been exposed to infection?
      It just smacks of so many possible violations of HIPAA laws, and the complexity of the program was so convoluted as to make actual proper notification highly improbable.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, that the irony would relate to an aspect not mentioned in your post is part of why it is ironic. From my perspective, the irony is how much a real and present danger is downplayed, while an imagined danger is obsessed upon.
        From my perspective, the irony is the usual "But Trump, Trump, Trump ..." obsession. He is out of office so how much of a real and present danger are you imagining?

Comment

I dont 'give you power' - though you clearly have no compunction about trying to take it.
          Yeah, you do --- you even totally flipped out because I made a post that you didn't bother to read before exploding.
          Then you falsely accuse me of anger where there is none.

I do, however, worry about your long term well being
          Wow........ irony meters across the universe went on full alert.

given the underhanded and abusive way you approach people you disagree with.
          Ah, here you go, gathering steam ... "underhanded"? And you accuse ME of attacking YOUR character?

But that's OK - I don't go into meltdown - I just consider the source.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I find it amusing that is how you percieve your posts ....
            I, alone, know the intent and rationale of my posts, Jim.

but I know you have no limit to how long you'll drag a conversation like this out,
            "Drag out"? Is somebody forcing you to respond?

and no limits as to how strident it will become
            "strident"? definition: "presenting a point of view, especially a controversial one, in an excessively and unpleasantly forceful way".

wow

( I notice others of your defenders are now starting to chime in ).
            You mean fellow Christians? While, for the most part, your "defenders" chime in and amen you and back you up, and just happen to be non-Christians or even anti-Christian posters?

So I'll end my participation in this particular rabbit trail here, hopefully averting the typical feeding frenzy that often ensues
            Why does it have to be so emotional? Why do you always have to resort to these types of outbursts?
            If your case is strong, why can you not simply state it without the hostility?

I believe my case is solid, so I don't have to get angry or yell or make false accusations, or feel like I'm getting attacked by all sides. When your buddies attack, I chalk it up to "that's the way the world works" --- Jesus warned us of that. I take it in stride.

I often feel sorry that you hold some of the views you do, and I am often disappointed that you tend to react so emotionally, but I have never - not a single time - been angry at you or resorted to feeling "beat up" or "attacked" --- though, there is far more evidence that you do that than that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

From my perspective, the irony is the usual "But Trump, Trump, Trump ..." obsession. He is out of office so how much of a real and present danger are you imagining?
              What Trump did in the insurrection was historic, and historically bad. Are you advocating that we don't mention such a thing anymore? Or that mentioning a historic event that is in context of the post or thread is inexcusable if the historic event itself involves Trump?
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What Trump did in the insurrection was historic, and historically bad. Are you advocating that we don't mention such a thing anymore? Or that mentioning a historic event that is in context of the post or thread is inexcusable if the historic event itself involves Trump?
                What exactly did this partisan witch hunt uncover that has you so convinced that evil Trump is out to conquer the world?

Comment

What did Trump do besides hold a rally in which he told his supporters to make their voices patriotically and peacefully heard?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Have you ever commented on or responded to the fact that the Democrats were still outright LYING about the Capitol Police Officer being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher? Even when they KNEW that wasn't true, they still used that to prosecute Trump and to raise money for their political advantage.

Comment

Here you go, having me defend someone I don't like. Why hasn't he been indicted and arrested yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What did Trump do besides hold a rally in which he told his supporters to make their voices patriotically and peacefully heard?
                        You mean, as opposed to the very calm and peaceful speech by the Majority Leader of the Senate....
                        “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Vice President Harris on the BLM riots....
                        Colbert observed that reporting on protests happening in major cities across the country appeared to be dwindling, to which Harris responded: "That's right. But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you.

"They're not gonna stop, and everyone beware, because they're not gonna stop," she continued. "They're not gonna stop before Election Day in November, and they're not gonna stop after Election Day.

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley...
                        "Don’t let up, send emails, make phone calls," the congresswoman told host Tiffany Cross in reference to the protests. "There needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there's unrest in our lives. And unfortunately, there's plenty to go around," she concluded.

Maxine Waters -
                        "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gas station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

Pelosi ---
                        "This is ... I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be,"

The nutcase Mayor of Baltimore -- calling for "space to destroy"...

And the "fact checkers" excuse this because "those statements were taken out of context".

But Trump's statements, taken out of context..... sheeeesh!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Here you go, having me defend someone I don't like. Why hasn't he been indicted and arrested yet?
                          I would guess the same reason he got away with defrauding so many with Trump University. He's very good at getting people to cover for him, very good at avoiding the consequences of his actions, very good a litigating till the time runs out.

I'm hopeful this one will finally catch him.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You mean, as opposed to the very calm and peaceful speech by the Majority Leader of the Senate....
                            “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Vice President Harris on the BLM riots....
                            Colbert observed that reporting on protests happening in major cities across the country appeared to be dwindling, to which Harris responded: "That's right. But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop, and this is a movement, I'm telling you.

"They're not gonna stop, and everyone beware, because they're not gonna stop," she continued. "They're not gonna stop before Election Day in November, and they're not gonna stop after Election Day.

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley...
                            "Don’t let up, send emails, make phone calls," the congresswoman told host Tiffany Cross in reference to the protests. "There needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there's unrest in our lives. And unfortunately, there's plenty to go around," she concluded.

Maxine Waters -
                            "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gas station, you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

Pelosi ---
                            "This is ... I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be,"

The nutcase Mayor of Baltimore -- calling for "space to destroy"...

And the "fact checkers" excuse this because "those statements were taken out of context".

But Trump's statements, taken out of context..... sheeeesh!
                            As bad as some of that is, the idea any of that comes close to what was involved to produce jan 6 is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There are few evils greater than those in which the perpetrator has convinced himself that he's doing it for the good of others.
                              One of my views about eschatology that has been reshaped the most by the events in the last decade or so is my erroneous view that the forced changes in society would look evil on the surface instead of looking like something for the good of humanity even to most Christians.

Comment

As bad as some of that is,
                                You mean all those harsh statements supposedly taken out of context?

the idea any of that comes close to what was involved to produce jan 6 is absurd.
                                You seem totally incapable of being able to separate....

A) statements Trump made, taken out of context, that were on a par with some of your heroes
                                2) the actual riot that took place which I don't believe any of us have excused, condoned, or applauded

Yes, that's totally absurd.

Comment