Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

One World Government - the Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    One thing strikes me as incredibly ironic. The folks concerned about the percieved as yet unrealized 'threat' of the WEF are the ones defending an actual insurrection,
    I have never, at any time, in any way, defended any actual insurrection. I have clearly stated that anybody who committed any illegal act in that event should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    With regards to me, this is an outright lie, Jim. I am the former, but not the latter.

refusing to listen to the evidence showing what it was and why it happened.
    And, again, we've heard tons of "evidence" and "testimony" from only one side.

An insurrection called forth by a former president for the purpose of stopping the certification of the duly elected next president of the United States.
    One things strikes me as incredibly ironic -- that "the insurrection" has absolutely galvanized you against the Christians here, in general, and put you in league with those who are lost.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think of the pastor, in the one Left Behind episode, who was very distraught because he thought he knew the Bible, but totally missed the whole thing about the rapture. One can be totally absorbed in their own understanding of Scripture that they miss the calling of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
      That is interesting, because the 'rapture' - as modern evangelicals understand it - is a somewhat recent concept:

https://www.prophecyrefi.org/our-tea...-rapture-idea/

Source: above

Rapture-removal is not the historic teaching of the Church. One of the more astonishing facts in the history of eschatological thought, and one that most Christians are unaware of, is that the idea of “a secret pre-tribulation, Rapture removal from the earth of the Church” is a fairly recent theory in Church history. In theological circles, it’s a “Johnny come lately.” Even the historic creeds, conspicuously, don’t mention it. In fact, it was relatively unheard of and never taught until the early 19th century, and it didn’t become widespread until the 20th century. Since then, it has spread like wildfire. But the many failed predictions of its coming have made it an embarrassment.

The first known reference may have appeared in two obscure but contestable sentences from a 4th century A.D., 1500-word sermon written in Latin by someone called “Pseudo-Ephraem.” If so, this idea went essentially unknown and undeveloped for fourteen centuries. According to most researchers, the idea of a Rapture-removal from planet Earth prior to a “great tribulation” period began to surface in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Possible but only slight and vague mentions of it may have been published in the writings of a famous Calvinist theologian Dr. John Gill (1748), an early American Baptist pastor Morgan Edwards (1788), a Jesuit priest Emmanuel Lacunza (1812), and Edward Irving, who translated Lucunza’s book (1826).

Most scholars, however, agree that the secret Rapture theory was launched into prominence around 1830 by a group of people in Scotland who had become known as the Plymouth Brethren. Under the direction of John Nelson Darby (1800-1882) and others, they began to hold Prophetic Conferences. Supposedly, during one of those conferences, or from a sick bed during those conferences, a charismatic utterance came forth as a prophetic message from the Lord through a young, fifteen-year-old Scottish girl named Margaret Macdonald. While in a trance, she received a private vision and revelation that only a select group of believers would be removed from the earth before the days of the Antichrist. But she also saw other believers enduring the tribulation¾something most rapturists nowadays do not teach.

Soon thereafter, Darby coupled this highly questionable vision of a secret, pre-tribulation Rapture with another idea originated by the Jesuit priest, Francisco Ribera. In 1585 A.D., Ribera was the first to introduce the idea of interrupting Daniel’s 70-week, end-time prophecy and inserting a “gap” between the 69th and 70th weeks. This was done to deflect apocalyptic heat from the Reformers who were fueling reformation fervor by claiming the Pope was the Antichrist and the Catholic Church the beast of Revelation. Ribera surmised that the first 69 weeks (483 years) concluded at the baptism of Jesus in 27 A.D., but God had extended the 70th week into the future. Therefore, the Pope and the Catholic Church could not be so accused. Darby grabbed hold of Ribera’s severance idea, connected his “Rapture” to the beginning of that final week, and changed that week from a 7-year period of covenantal confirmation to one of tribulation¾big difference! (Notably, the Bible never mentions a future 7-year period of tribulation.) He then introduced this now fully developed, pre-tribulation Rapture view (theory) in Europe and later in America. It was popularized in American by inclusion in the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible in 1917 and by elaborate End Time event charts published in Clarence Larkin’s Dispensational Truth in 1918.

© Copyright Original Source

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That is interesting, because the 'rapture' -
        Yes, I fully expected that, having been through your 'biblical proof' that abortion isn't as bad as we say, and your claims that Jesus never outright condemned sexual sin... You always seem to have an ability to see Scripture in a way that justifies or supports or allows your worldview.

There are all kinds of "versions" of when Christ will return, but He will. My plan is to remain faithful and stay ready.

I almost included a tiny disclaimer in my post predicting you would come back with some form of dismissal of the rapture or any end time events.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is true that persons willing to abandon principles for 'the end justifies the means' are quite dangerous. Unfortunately for American evangelicals and conservatives, the acceptance of that truth is very much selective. It depends to a great extent on whether the end goal is one they personally support.
          It's curious how often you look for excuses to attack your fellow Christians.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-27-2022, 08:55 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That is interesting, because the 'rapture' - as modern evangelicals understand it - is a somewhat recent concept:

https://www.prophecyrefi.org/our-tea...-rapture-idea/

Ah yes, because the description of two women of Matthew 24:41 at the mill and one is taken and one is left is completely modern.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

One thing strikes me as incredibly ironic. The folks concerned about the percieved as yet unrealized 'threat' of the WEF are the ones defending an actual insurrection, refusing to listen to the evidence showing what it was and why it happened. An insurrection called forth by a former president for the purpose of stopping the certification of the duly elected next president of the United States.
              As for "listen[ing] to the evidence", I have brought up numerous times the outright LIE that the Democrats perpetuated with regards to the "worst element" of the Jan6 riot - that being the outright lie that a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Now, it's understandable that this could have been a "fog of war" report initially - those happen. But even after it was well known that this never happened, the Democrats were using this outright lie to fire up the donation contributions, to prosecute Trump, and to advance their own cause - fully knowing it was a lie.

I'm thinking you never respond to that - I may be wrong - but somehow I think you always manage to "refuse to listen to the evidence" showing how willing the "prosecution" was to outright lie for their own purpose. Downright demonstrably FALSE information.

Comment

And one of the major factors, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that "we" have conditioned US citizens to spy on one another, and to "fight the fight" for the government.
                As in - people becoming irate about others not wearing masks, and taking matters into their own hands.

I had often wondered how our Nation could ever come to the place where we actually went to war with one another, but we're on that glidepath again.

Utah woman assaulted by fellow Walmart shopper for not wearing mask, police say

The great preset where it becomes standard procedure for people to be brain-washed into adhering to government rule and turning on those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
                  The great preset where it becomes standard procedure for people to be brain-washed into adhering to government rule and turning on those who do not.
                  We've seen that so clearly in something so simple as wearing a cloth mask. Groups of people will attack an individual for not wearing a mask.

Early on in this thing, I went to my local Little Caesar's to pick up my pizza from the Pizza Portal. It's right inside the door, there were NO customers in the lobby, the employees are a good 15 feet away on the other side of the counter, so I didn't put my mask on. The manager (or somebody) from the other side yelled at me "Don't come in here without a mask!"

It's amazing how easy it is for citizens to turn on citizens over really silly things.

Comment

Yes, I fully expected that, having been through your 'biblical proof' that abortion isn't as bad as we say, and your claims that Jesus never outright condemned sexual sin... You always seem to have an ability to see Scripture in a way that justifies or supports or allows your worldview.

There are all kinds of "versions" of when Christ will return, but He will. My plan is to remain faithful and stay ready.

I almost included a tiny disclaimer in my post predicting you would come back with some form of dismissal of the rapture or any end time events.
                    I hope it is not lost on any readers that while my post objectively challenged a specific bit of dogma with no more than actual history of said dogma, cp has gone after whether or not I am actually a 'true' Christian for daring to do so. It is an unfortunate, but an all too common, reality
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-27-2022, 09:17 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

As for "listen[ing] to the evidence", I have brought up numerous times the outright LIE that the Democrats perpetuated with regards to the "worst element" of the Jan6 riot - that being the outright lie that a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Now, it's understandable that this could have been a "fog of war" report initially - those happen. But even after it was well known that this never happened, the Democrats were using this outright lie to fire up the donation contributions, to prosecute Trump, and to advance their own cause - fully knowing it was a lie.

I'm thinking you never respond to that - I may be wrong - but somehow I think you always manage to "refuse to listen to the evidence" showing how willing the "prosecution" was to outright lie for their own purpose. Downright demonstrably FALSE information.
                      The only death on January 6 happened when Capitol police officer Michael Byrd murdered an unarmed woman.

Comment

We've seen that so clearly in something so simple as wearing a cloth mask. Groups of people will attack an individual for not wearing a mask.

Early on in this thing, I went to my local Little Caesar's to pick up my pizza from the Pizza Portal. It's right inside the door, there were NO customers in the lobby, the employees are a good 15 feet away on the other side of the counter, so I didn't put my mask on. The manager (or somebody) from the other side yelled at me "Don't come in here without a mask!"

It's amazing how easy it is for citizens to turn on citizens over really silly things.
                        Negligence wrt the lives of others is not a 'silly thing'

Not that you were necessarily actually being consciously negligent as you understand it

Comment

Do you realize just how many of your posts in one way or another are attempts to undermine my character?

Comment

I hope it is not lost on any readers that while my post objectively challenged a specific bit of dogma with no more than actual history of that dogma,
                            Something of which I was already well aware....

cp has gone after whether or not I am actually a 'true' Christian for daring to do so.
                            Absolutely false.

I hope it is not lost on any readers that Ox, once again, has gone to the "WAAaaaaaannnnn, I'm being ATTACKED" again.
                            I have NOT "gone after" whether you are a "true" Christian, and if I did, THAT would not be the reason.

The actual reasons might be...
                            • You frequently come up with your own version of scriptures that allow for your own worldview
                            • You seem to have gone soft on whether abortion is a sin
                            • You seem to have gone soft on whether homosexuality is a sin
                            • You frequently are at war with "fellow" Christians
                            • You frequently are amen'd and backslapped by enemies of Christ
                            • You frequently side with the enemies of Christ against "fellow" Christians
                            • You frequently misread posts and jump to angry unjustified conclusions
                            • You frequently appear to have this sense of "everybody's ganging up on me", while accusing us of paranoia
                            • You frequently have little bouts of anger where you accuse us of being angry
                            • The above two points resulting in your accusations of "projection"...
                            There are a number of reasons I MIGHT question whether you are a "true" Christian, but your challenge of "the Rapture" is not the main one, nor is it my job or intent to do so.

It is an unfortunate, but an all too common, reality
                            I absolutely do seriously question, at times, whether you actually have a grip on reality.

Comment

I hope it is not lost on any readers that while my post objectively challenged a specific bit of dogma with no more than actual history of said dogma, cp has gone after whether or not I am actually a 'true' Christian for daring to do so. It is an unfortunate, but an all too common, reality
                              Where did Cow Poke ever suggest that you're not a true Christian? I think most here are like me: We accept that you are a true Christian, which is to say that you believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ in accordance with Romans 10:9 and are therefore genuinely saved. However, you do seem to be confused on certain points of theology where you are interpreting scripture through the distorted lenses of scientism and social justice.

Comment

Do you realize just how many of your posts in one way or another are attempts to undermine my character?
                                We have fundamental disagreements. I believe you are wrong on a number of issues, including your interpretation of scripture.
                                When I believe you are wrong, I provide my own response.
                                That you conclude this "undermines your character" is a bit interesting.

Comment