Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

UK woman arrested for silently praying across from abortion clinic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by eider View Post

    A majority in the Western World define Fascism and Nazism as extreme far right groups.
    You clearly don't.
    No they do not. You simply assert this and just like your method of reading the bible, you pick and choose which views on Fascism you accept and which you reject based on your already held beliefs on the matter. Just more confirmation bias. It seems to be a theme with you.

    There are a heck of a lot more authoritarian leftwingers than rightwingers in the history of the planet. But both do exist.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by eider View Post

      Wow, that Constable belongs in the Thought Police? Imagine that, us here living in some kind of 1984 world, you mean? How scary.

      You like to read me admittances so try this one....... finally.....you've cornered me! :-
      That Constable would love to be in a position to carry out that duty again, imo.
      All she had to ask was 'But why here?', which was what the Constable in Birmingham asked, and she would have gained much stronger reasons.
      By the way, what happened to the man? The video shows neither the beginning nor end of that encounter. What happened to him?
      What did our 'thought police' do to him?
      So you admit that she said he was in violation for thinking a prayer in the PSPO?

      What happened was he was fined for violation of the PSPO by thinking a prayer in his head.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by eider View Post

        You read Fox News? Rely on it much? OK.....
        Did you believe all those Q-Anon tales?

        If you have a issue with anything that Rowlings said or did then write to her.
        Give me your citation that Fox News is part Q-anon.

        I think you need to reread Seer's post and click on the link to his citation since it looks like you didn't he was not voicing an issue with what Rowlings tweeted he is talking about the members of Scotland's Parliament standing in solidarity with Trans women(Biological men) calling for the murder of biological women that Rowling's posted photos of in her Tweet.. It appears that in the UK it is ok to call for killing people but not ok to pray silently not truly harming anyone; you get arrested for the latter but celebrated for the former.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-25-2023, 01:17 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

          It appears that in the UK it is ok to call for killing people but not ok to pray silently not truly harming anyone; you get arrested for the latter but celebrated for the former.
          Exactly!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

            The Constitution doesn't use that phrase. That's in the Gettysburg Address by Lincoln.


            Emphasis mine.

            The Gettysburg Address is not one of our founding documents. Our founding Documents we the Declaration of Independence( which says we have God given Rights), The Bill of Rights, and The Constitution(which enumerates some of our rights and imposes restrictions on what our Government can do.)
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-25-2023, 02:00 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sparko View Post

              No they do not. You simply assert this and just like your method of reading the bible, you pick and choose which views on Fascism you accept and which you reject based on your already held beliefs on the matter. Just more confirmation bias. It seems to be a theme with you.

              There are a heck of a lot more authoritarian leftwingers than rightwingers in the history of the planet. But both do exist.
              Good old Wicki! Off to the right we all go!

              Nazism is a form of fascism, with disdain for liberal democracy and the parliamentary system. It incorporates a dictatorship, fervent antisemitism, anti-communism, scientific racism, white power, and the use of eugenics into its creed.
              Nazism - Wikipedia

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So you admit that she said he was in violation for thinking a prayer in the PSPO?
                Yes, Sparko, under your crushing interrogative debating skills I admit that praying outside these venues is included in the Order.
                But I don't think that the police have handled this second case so well....in the first incident at Birmingham the woman admitted being there because of the clinic, and the Constable arrested the woman so that she could be taken to the police Station to answer questions about that and other allegations about previous incidents.


                What happened was he was fined for violation of the PSPO by thinking a prayer in his head.
                So he got handed an on-the-spot fixed-penalty-notice with fine, I expect.
                So you would admit that he wasn't jailed then? Excuse me, I'm just trying out your 'you admit' technique.

                There is probably a PSPO in place at all such venues.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

                  Give me your citation that Fox News is part Q-anon.
                  I wrote two sentences. None cited that Fox was part of Q-Anon.

                  Now..... please answer...have you taken much notice of any Q-Anon tales?
                  Do you take notice of all Fox News reports?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by eider View Post
                    Yes, Sparko, under your crushing interrogative debating skills I admit that praying outside these venues is included in the Order.
                    But I don't think that the police have handled this second case so well....in the first incident at Birmingham the woman admitted being there because of the clinic, and the Constable arrested the woman so that she could be taken to the police Station to answer questions about that and other allegations about previous incidents.



                    So he got handed an on-the-spot fixed-penalty-notice with fine, I expect.
                    So you would admit that he wasn't jailed then? Excuse me, I'm just trying out your 'you admit' technique.

                    There is probably a PSPO in place at all such venues.
                    Whether he was jailed or fined, the point is that they are outlawing thought in PSPOs. For someone who keeps railing against fascism, don't you think outlawing thoughts is the ultimate act of fascism?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      [/I][/B]

                      Emphasis mine.

                      The Gettysburg Address is not one of our founding documents. Our founding Documents we the Declaration of Independence( which says we have God given Rights), The Bill of Rights, and The Constitution(which enumerates some of our rights and imposes restrictions on what our Government can do.)
                      Yep - Nor is the Gettysburg Address any sort of law or binding document - it was literally just a political speech.
                      "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                      -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                      "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                      - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                        Yep - Nor is the Gettysburg Address any sort of law or binding document - it was literally just a political speech.
                        Exactly.

                        Comment


                        • The text of an early day motion signed by 6 MP’s



                          That this House notes the arrest of Isabel Vaughan-Spruce who was standing alone at an abortion clinic which was not open at the time, with no poster or other material with her, when approached by Police she declared that she was not protesting and may have been silently praying but not aloud, declares that Public Space Protection Orders that are used to arrest in circumstances such as this are an outrage to the concept of civil and religious liberty, further believes that Isabel, while under arrest, being questioned as to what the silent prayers were about is a further infringement on civil liberties and calls upon the Home Secretary to declare HMGs' approach to this use of PSPO's.



                          5 are DUP members



                          The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) is a unionist, loyalist,[13][14] and national conservative political party in Northern Ireland. It was founded in 1971 during the Troubles by Ian Paisley, who led the party for the next 37 years. Currently led by Jeffrey Donaldson, it is the second largest party in the Northern Ireland Assembly, and is the fifth-largest party in the House of Commons of the United Kingdom. The party has been described as right-wing[4] and socially conservative,[15][16] being anti-abortion and opposing same-sex marriage. The DUP sees itself as defending Britishness and Ulster Protestant culture against Irish nationalism and Irish republicanism; the party is Eurosceptic and supported Brexit.[17][18] It supports Northern Ireland remaining in the United Kingdom and opposes the unification of Ireland.[19]

                          Last edited by firstfloor; Today, 12:04 PM.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                            Yep - Nor is the Gettysburg Address any sort of law or binding document - it was literally just a political speech.
                            TJ's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association was similar not a law nor a binding document yet is cited regarding a wall of separation of church and State.
                            P1) If , then I win.

                            P2)

                            C) I win.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              The text of an early day motion signed by 6 MP’s



                              That this House notes the arrest of Isabel Vaughan-Spruce who was standing alone at an abortion clinic which was not open at the time, with no poster or other material with her, when approached by Police she declared that she was not protesting and may have been silently praying but not aloud, declares that Public Space Protection Orders that are used to arrest in circumstances such as this are an outrage to the concept of civil and religious liberty, further believes that Isabel, while under arrest, being questioned as to what the silent prayers were about is a further infringement on civil liberties and calls upon the Home Secretary to declare HMGs' approach to this use of PSPO's.



                              5 are DUP members



                              The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) is a unionist, loyalist,[13][14] and national conservative political party in Northern Ireland. It was founded in 1971 during the Troubles by Ian Paisley, who led the party for the next 37 years. Currently led by Jeffrey Donaldson, it is the second largest party in the Northern Ireland Assembly, and is the fifth-largest party in the House of Commons of the United Kingdom. The party has been described as right-wing[4] and socially conservative,[15][16] being anti-abortion and opposing same-sex marriage. The DUP sees itself as defending Britishness and Ulster Protestant culture against Irish nationalism and Irish republicanism; the party is Eurosceptic and supported Brexit.[17][18] It supports Northern Ireland remaining in the United Kingdom and opposes the unification of Ireland.[19]

                              Sounds like at least a few people in your government have some sense.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by eider View Post

                                I wrote two sentences. None cited that Fox was part of Q-Anon.

                                Now..... please answer...have you taken much notice of any Q-Anon tales?
                                Do you take notice of all Fox News reports?
                                You read Fox News? Rely on it much? OK.....
                                Did you believe all those Q-Anon tales?


                                You don't see how the above could be read as do you believe all those Q-Anon tales on Fox News?

                                I'm always still in trouble again

                                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by NorrinRadd, Today, 04:46 PM
                                0 responses
                                8 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by Sparko, Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                                8 responses
                                69 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by Stoic, 01-25-2023, 07:20 PM
                                32 responses
                                172 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post RumTumTugger  
                                Started by seer, 01-25-2023, 10:45 AM
                                87 responses
                                454 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Diogenes  
                                Started by seer, 01-24-2023, 12:21 PM
                                0 responses
                                36 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Working...
                                X