Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

UK woman arrested for silently praying across from abortion clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Since you have difficulty understanding the word emphasised, I have provided the following child's video. Now all three of the dissenters here have conceded she was arrested for prayer inside the designated area.

Crazy tangent 'cause I can't help myself: Frustration at the way people took the disjunction in English translations of 1 Tim. 2:12 as a conjunction was one of the first little niggles that set me on the course from hierarchialism to mutuality (in Lucy Peppiatt's preferred lingo, but more commonly "complementarianism to egalitarianism").

Please excuse this diversion.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

What a stupid law...
      Thank God we shed ourselves of those wig-wearing fruit-bats.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

I suppose you refer to this:

Unfortunately, all the Nazis are camping out with you these days, going by names like Boebert and Gaetz.
        Since when is antifa conservative? Fascists masquerading as anti-fascists in order to loot and burn.

And look at the Democrats working hand in glove with several industries and corporations. It might serve you to look up the actual definition of fascism and not the comic book version pushed by the left and think about that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not deeds but similarities in ideology, although not fully developed.
          And the goal post moving has begun!

I figure by the time you're done not only will you have left the stadium, you'll likely be in another city if not state.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The wall builders are Republican, are they not?
            Depends on the wall. If you mean the one they erected in Washington D.C. for old Joe's inauguration, no.

If you mean the one that taxpayers are building around old Joe's compound, no.

Further, there is a profound difference between building a wall to keep people from leaving (like your fellow travelers) and building one to keep intruders out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

No, none of us civil libertarians would condone unwelcome physical contact, including passively blocking the entrance such that those wishing to enter would have to physically push through. Such direct physical acts should be prosecuted. Verbal "assaults," however undesirable, should not be prosecuted.

So, for example, I would not "condone" protesters shouting or even saying things like, "Burn in hell, you damnable baby-murdering Molechites," I would not want them prosecuted.
              I believe that is "Molochians"

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I believe that is "Molochians"
                Moloch, Molech, Milcom, po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

And the goal post moving has begun!

I figure by the time you're done not only will you have left the stadium, you'll likely be in another city if not state.
                  You folks cannot be reasoned with. I sometimes regret the effort.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You folks cannot be reasoned with. I sometimes regret the effort.
                    Considering that you put none into it I guess that means "no regrets."

Comment

• My Church's law firm - Alliance Defending Freedom - is defending her.

ADF International, a religious freedom legal advocacy group, is representing Vaughan-Spruce. ADF’s Lois McLatchie told Nigel Farage on GB News that, “whether this PSPO itself is lawful under international human rights law which protects freedom of religion, freedom of thought, conscience, and belief, and freedom of speech, is another really important question in this case.” It is disturbing that the insistence of some U.K. politicians on making sure women do not see or hear the thoughts or prayers of pro-lifers and Christians is leading them to potentially violate international human rights law.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        My Church's law firm - Alliance Defending Freedom - is defending her.

ADF International, a religious freedom legal advocacy group, is representing Vaughan-Spruce. ADF’s Lois McLatchie told Nigel Farage on GB News that, “whether this PSPO itself is lawful under international human rights law which protects freedom of religion, freedom of thought, conscience, and belief, and freedom of speech, is another really important question in this case.” It is disturbing that the insistence of some U.K. politicians on making sure women do not see or hear the thoughts or prayers of pro-lifers and Christians is leading them to potentially violate international human rights law.
                        That is an interesting angle.

Comment

My Church's law firm - Alliance Defending Freedom - is defending her.

Now you’re really in bed with the fascists! Sleep well.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Now you’re really in bed with the fascists! Sleep well.
                            What I do in the privacy of my bedroom is none of your business, you pervert!

(yeah, being facetious)

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That is an interesting angle.
                              The excel at interesting angles.

Comment

What I do in the privacy of my bedroom is none of your business, you pervert!

(yeah, being facetious)
                                The hearing in the Magistrates Court will have only to do with whether she satisfied the conditions in the Order. It is much like dealing with a car parking offense.

The question of whether the law itself is legal, if it is a human rights issue, would be in the UK Supreme Court, but I doubt if it would involve Vaughn-Spruce because she is subject to the law existing at the time of the offense.

Comment