Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

UK woman arrested for silently praying across from abortion clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Jolly old England...
    What? They left off the Bible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What? They left off the Bible!
      I bet that is coming...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Jolly old England...
        Them darned Orcs, brainwashing people to be alt-right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Them darned Orcs, brainwashing people to be alt-right!
          Orc-right.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Huh? Ours is a push button job......... do you mean that you were pushing my button?
            Si.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Si.
              That was several days ago........... have you been on hols or what....may I ask?

Comment

That was several days ago........... have you been on hols or what....may I ask?
                Been extremely busy -- we're working to flip our school board, and I'm right at ground zero for that --- Election is May 6, after which, I hope, I'll get my life back.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Been extremely busy -- we're working to flip our school board, and I'm right at ground zero for that --- Election is May 6, after which, I hope, I'll get my life back.
                  So you are a school governor or something like that?
                  You certainly are deeply involved in your community.
                  All the best to you....

But I'm missing our arguments! That's cruelty, you know.

Comment

So you are a school governor or something like that?
                    I'm not. Just very much interested in the 'wokeness' that's infiltrating our school district and determined to stop it.

You certainly are deeply involved in your community.
                    I am -- This past Thursday we had a prayer service at our County Courthouse with over 300 people.
                    But I guarantee you we weren't ONLY "praying silently in our heads".

All the best to you....

But I'm missing our arguments! That's cruelty, you know.
                    I may be back a little more -- two major operations were our National Day of Prayer (finished Thursday) and the School Board election (final tally announced this evening)
                    We have (as I may have mentioned) FOUR out of seven board seats up for grabs, and it's entirely possible we may flip the school board in this one election cycle.

Comment

I'm not. Just very much interested in the 'wokeness' that's infiltrating our school district and determined to stop it.

I am -- This past Thursday we had a prayer service at our County Courthouse with over 300 people.
                      But I guarantee you we weren't ONLY "praying silently in our heads".

I may be back a little more -- two major operations were our National Day of Prayer (finished Thursday) and the School Board election (final tally announced this evening)
                      We have (as I may have mentioned) FOUR out of seven board seats up for grabs, and it's entirely possible we may flip the school board in this one election cycle.
                      Well, we got THREE of our four candidates elected!!!! And the one who didn't win his race only lost by 36 votes.
                      I believe a clear message has been sent to "the system".

Comment

Well, we got THREE of our four candidates elected!!!! And the one who didn't win his race only lost by 36 votes.
                        I believe a clear message has been sent to "the system".
                        So do your guys have the majority on the school board now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So do your guys have the majority on the school board now?
                          It would have been better to have all four of our candidates - that would have nailed it.
                          HOWEVER, one of our candidates is a cousin to a current serving board member, and our candidate thinks he can "bring his cousin around".
                          If that happens, then yes.
                          If it doesn't happen, then at least we've drastically changed the status quo.

Our candidate who lost his race ran against an African-American board member who is also a police officer (and a friend of mine), and this guy is VERY well liked and respected. He works a whole lot as security officer in the public schools, and volunteers tons of time at football games and events. The fact that the challenger came within 36 votes of defeating him has GOT to say something to the other board members.

Comment

It would have been better to have all four of our candidates - that would have nailed it.
                            HOWEVER, one of our candidates is a cousin to a current serving board member, and our candidate thinks he can "bring his cousin around".
                            If that happens, then yes.
                            If it doesn't happen, then at least we've drastically changed the status quo.

Our candidate who lost his race ran against an African-American board member who is also a police officer (and a friend of mine), and this guy is VERY well liked and respected. He works a whole lot as security officer in the public schools, and volunteers tons of time at football games and events. The fact that the challenger came within 36 votes of defeating him has GOT to say something to the other board members.
                            When is the next election?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              When is the next election?
                              Two years - and a former board member says they're already in a panic.

The superintendent met with our newly elected board members and explained that they had already scheduled and paid for their school board training with TASB.
                              The super was stunned when our guys said, "we're not doing that - we'll use an alternate training opportunity".

(TASB is a liberal lobbying group posing as a school board training resource )

Comment

• So after all the excusing done by Eider and H_A, it turns out that praying silently in your head is not "protesting" and the police overreached. There may be some hope for the UK yet.

Source: https://catholicreview.org/english-police-apologize-to-woman-arrested-for-silently-praying-outside-abortion-facility/

LIVERPOOL, England (OSV News) — Police in England have apologized to a Catholic woman six months after she was arrested for praying silently outside an abortion facility.

Isabel Vaughan-Spruce was arrested in March outside a British Pregnancy Advisory Services clinic in Birmingham by two uniformed officers from West Midlands Police and has finally received notification that she will not be prosecuted.

In a video of the arrest, an officer is heard telling Vaughan-Spruce: “You’ve said you’ve been engaging in prayer, which is the offense.”

According to a Sept. 22 media statement by ADF UK, the legal organization that supported her defense, the police apologized for the length of time taken to reach their decision.

They said in a letter that “there will be no further investigation into the alleged matter, and there will be no further action taken.”

The decision to drop the latest case comes within two weeks of Suella Braverman, the British government’s secretary of state for the Home Department, writing to every police force in England and Wales to tell them that silent prayer was not a criminal offense.

In her letter to the police, Braverman said that “silent prayer, within itself, is not unlawful” and that “holding lawful opinions, even if those opinions may offend others, is not a criminal offense.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment