Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Actual jobs numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual jobs numbers

In the run-up to the mid-terms old Joe and the Democrat's based much of their claim that the economy was doing well on the claim that over 1 million jobs had been created during the previous quarter (March through June 2022).

The White House released a statement in July crowing that

[i]n fact, the 1.1 million jobs created in the second quarter—an average of around 375,000 jobs per month — is more than three times more jobs created than in any three-month period leading up to a recession.

Biden himself declared "Our job market remains historically strong, with unemployment at 3.6% and more than 1 million jobs created in the second quarter alone."

Now, a couple of months after the mid-terms, we learn that this was utter bovine scat.

And the numbers weren't just off by a little bit.

The Philadelphia Federal Reserve just released a report finding that earlier reports were off a bit. Basically, of the million jobs that were said to be created, they were off by about a million.

That's right. The report found that only "10,500 net new jobs were added during the period rather than the 1,121,500 jobs estimated by the sum of the states."

10,500, not 1,121,500.

So far the Big Three networks haven't found that worthy to report.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Hold on, I'm watching the local news from an ABC affiliate - they're about to break this critically important news story....

just hold on a minute...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is, like, totally shocking and unexpected. I mean, who would have ever thought that old Joe was telling bald faced lies? That's totally out of character for him. No, really.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Obviously the Philly Fed is a front for some White Supremacy Right-Wing Christian Nationalist Terrorist cult.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Hold on, I'm watching the local news from an ABC affiliate - they're about to break this critically important news story....

just hold on a minute...
          Funny how the initial claim of a million jobs was given so much coverage, but when it's exposed as balderdash...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Funny how the initial claim of a million jobs was given so much coverage, but when it's exposed as balderdash...
            The way newspapers used to handle embarrassing retractions was to publish a tiny disclaimer on the back pages where most people would never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The way newspapers used to handle embarrassing retractions was to publish a tiny disclaimer on the back pages where most people would never see it.
              But in this case it wasn't the MSM's fault. They were simply reporting what they were told. They had no trouble putting it on the front page something that Trump had earlier told them and was later shown to be questionable or flat out wrong.

Comment

As another famous Joe once said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” -- Joseph Goebbels
                Last edited by Sparko; 12-20-2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  As another famous Joe once said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” -- Joeseph Goebbels
                  His brother Joseph said something similar.

That explains the necessity of the FBI's involvement in censoring Social Media.

Comment

Who would have ever dreamed that the ideals of some of the most evil men in history would be found in our own government.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Who would have ever dreamed that the ideals of some of the most evil men in history would be found in our own government.
                      Certainly not the founding fathers.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment