Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

TX Officer Found Guilty Of Manslaughter In Shooting Death Of Atatiana Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That might open the Dallas PD up for a lawsuit.
    Fort Worth, wasn't it?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, Fort Worth is where Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is located, and it's quite common for young seminary students enrolled there to get jobs as police officers on the Fort Worth Police Department. It's a way for them to get young men "on the cheap", which obviously can come with some serious problems.

For many years, that's been part of the "job placement" policy of SBTS.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Fort Worth, wasn't it?
        Somewhere in between

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Somewhere in between
          In between? Or smack in the middle?

Comment

In between? Or smack in the middle?
            what else?... yes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This part is interesting....

Clayton told jurors that applicants who do not pass the evaluation can appeal. Dean’s lawyers said a panel of three psychologists unanimously decided Dean was fit to be an officer. Clayton’s evaluation was in 2017. Dean finished the academy the following year.

I wonder if there's a group of psychologists the PD uses --- like some 'doctors' are known to weigh in on personal injury accidents and such --- that rubber stamp applications.

Comment

This part is interesting....

Clayton told jurors that applicants who do not pass the evaluation can appeal. Dean’s lawyers said a panel of three psychologists unanimously decided Dean was fit to be an officer. Clayton’s evaluation was in 2017. Dean finished the academy the following year.

I wonder if there's a group of psychologists the PD uses --- like some 'doctors' are known to weigh in on personal injury accidents and such --- that rubber stamp applications.
                That was my thought as well

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That was my thought as well
                  Many years ago, I did a brief stint working for Ford Motor, and the Union made quite a deal of how to 'collect' on injuries or accidents, and was rather brash in saying "we have our own doctors and lawyers who will get you through the system".

Comment