Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jean-Pierre Storms Out Of Room When Reporter Confronts Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean-Pierre Storms Out Of Room When Reporter Confronts Her

I wouldn't say she "stormed" out of the room, but she certainly looked out of her element...

Jean-Pierre Storms Out Of Room When Reporter Confronts Her

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre stormed out of the briefing room Thursday as Today News Africa reporter Simon Ateba confronted her on not taking his questions.

Ateba yelled out a question about the upcoming U.S. Africa Summit, where President Joe Biden intends to meet with 50 African leaders. The White House reporter confronted her on why she will not take a question about the summit.

“Why is it so hard to give me a question?” he asked.

Video in the linked article.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Wow.
      Kinda like a teacher standing her desk demanding order and respect from her class --- she just forfeited it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She did try to answer the question. The reporter interrupted her (based on the video available). The fault this time doesn't originate with Jean-Pierre.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          She did try to answer the question. The reporter interrupted her (based on the video available). The fault this time doesn't originate with Jean-Pierre.
          I agree the "reporter" was out of line, but I don't think she handled this like a pro. She doesn't have that "command presence". She got sucked into the yelling back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I agree the "reporter" was out of line, but I don't think she handled this like a pro. She doesn't have that "command presence". She got sucked into the yelling back and forth.
            And that's how she reacts with an essentially compliant press corp. Imagine what she'd be like if she faced a hostile one every day.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The clip is too short to really explain her no-nonsense reaction.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                The clip is too short to really explain her no-nonsense reaction.
                "no-nonsense reaction"

Comment

"no-nonsense reaction"
                  more like taking her toys from the sandbox and leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

more like taking her toys from the sandbox and leaving.
                    Did you see the size of that binder? And all those tabs?

Do you remember any of her predecessors having that much "I need to look that up" resource?

Comment

Do you remember any of her predecessors having that much "I need to look that up" resource?
                      Yeah. The answer wasn't in the book so she left.

Comment

Most of the time you see her you can't see much of her eyes because she's always looking down and reading her notes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think that guy must be Jim Acosta's distant cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Most of the time you see her you can't see much of her eyes because she's always looking down and reading her notes.
                            I think she should have eyeballs painted on her eyelids, so she can always be looking at the press pool.

Comment

I think she should have eyeballs painted on her eyelids, so she can always be looking at the press pool.
                              I told you back in 6th grade that won't work when you tried it so you could sleep in Mrs. Perkin's class, and it still won't work.

Comment