Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Right, they aren't groomers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Are they? My granddaughter is in grade 8 and was never taught cursive writing. Her electives include skateboarding and bowling, among other ridiculous things. She gets at least 2 days off a month because the teachers need personal development days. They watch a lot of movies. The school holds Prise Days and Indigenous celebration days and all kinds of other ridiculous "celebrations" where they do no work.

How many students go on to secondary schools lacking in the fundamentals, but they sure know how to figure out what gender they are and how to have homosexual sex?

certainly some teachers are dedicated and TRY to do their jobs, but I believe their hands are tied by the boards and the curriculums.
    Hence, college entrance exams have to keep getting dumbed down.

(Quite honestly, though, I would have loved having those prise days when I was a kid!)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are they? My granddaughter is in grade 8 and was never taught cursive writing. Her electives include skateboarding and bowling, among other ridiculous things. She gets at least 2 days off a month because the teachers need personal development days. They watch a lot of movies. The school holds Prise Days and Indigenous celebration days and all kinds of other ridiculous "celebrations" where they do no work.

How many students go on to secondary schools lacking in the fundamentals, but they sure know how to figure out what gender they are and how to have homosexual sex?

certainly some teachers are dedicated and TRY to do their jobs, but I believe their hands are tied by the boards and the curriculums.
      In a few years we'll be writing things in cursive that we want to keep secret from younger generations. It'll be our own secret code.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        In a few years we'll be writing things in cursive that we want to keep secret from younger generations. It'll be our own secret code.
        It sure sucks that I have to keep printing things to her like she was still in grade 2, though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

(Quite honestly, though, I would have loved having those prise days when I was a kid!)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And those entering college discovering that they first need to take remedial courses in order to get up to the level of a High School graduate so they can actually start doing college-level work. That this happens to valedictorians from urban schools should be a good indication at just how sub-standard an education they receive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are they? My granddaughter is in grade 8 and was never taught cursive writing. Her electives include skateboarding and bowling, among other ridiculous things. She gets at least 2 days off a month because the teachers need personal development days. They watch a lot of movies. The school holds Pride Days and Indigenous celebration days and all kinds of other ridiculous "celebrations" where they do no work.

I used italics to note that their actual job is not actual education but rather pedagogy (indoctrination in a less formal sense). I'm saying their real job is to expose them to Pride days, et al.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I used italics to note that their actual job is not actual education but rather pedagogy (indoctrination in a less formal sense). I'm saying their real job is to expose them to Pride days, et al.
                Oh, I misunderstood then. Sorry!

Comment

In some defence, they are doing their actual job.
                  Which is exactly why we intend to fire our School Board in May and replace them with people who are not devil worshiping baby eaters.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    You cannot retroject your modern [somewhat censorious] views back to ancient societies with completely different social attitudes. Although like others here, you do like to try.
                    Are you defending men "educating" boys?

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if your agnosticism is a charade. You seem to lean heavily to some conservative Christian attitudes.
                      Actually, an excellent point. Conservative values, both in politics and religion, often align so much that you can't tell one from the other.

We are seeing that many people in the US who live in Democrat controlled cities very MUCH wish they could go back to the "good ol days" when there wasn't a need to have armed guards at gas stations and convenience stores, drive-by shootings, gang wars, "smack down" assaults or "knock out games", fear of riding the subways, rampant crime, poop in the streets....

You know, common sense stuff.

Diogenes seems to exude common sense. That you associate him with conservative Christian attitudes makes me smile.

(cowardly little vandals running around in the dark of night messing with the property of others makes you smile)

Comment

Are you defending men "educating" boys?
                        I am pointing out that you cannot retroject your own censorious [and as they appear rather priggish] views back over two thousand years into a completely different cultural and social society.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Actually, an excellent point. Conservative values, both in politics and religion, often align so much that you can't tell one from the other.

We are seeing that many people in the US who live in Democrat controlled cities very MUCH wish they could go back to the "good ol days" when there wasn't a need to have armed guards at gas stations and convenience stores, drive-by shootings, gang wars, "smack down" assaults or "knock out games", fear of riding the subways, rampant crime, poop in the streets....

You know, common sense stuff.

Diogenes seems to exude common sense. That you associate him with conservative Christian attitudes makes me smile.

(cowardly little vandals running around in the dark of night messing with the property of others makes you smile)
                          Of course anyone whose views often align with your own is automatically deemed by you to "exude common sense".
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

There it is, moral degeneracy on display...
                            Oh dear no one must disagree or challenge your bigotries, must they?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

N

So you'd have no problem then with an evangelical pastor going to the schools and presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ. That’s great! I’ll
                              let my pastor know that he can do that next week because HA thinks it’s just fine for the students all to have knowledge!

I would certainly have no issue with your pastor attending a lesson in a philosophy/comparative religion course for older pupils [i.e. those over 14 years] to present his case alongside an Iman and a Rabbi [for example].

I could imagine the lesson being quite lively!

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Of course anyone whose views often align with your own is automatically deemed by you to "exude common sense".
                                OK

Comment