Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Virginia restaurant refuses service to conservative advocacy group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Well, as usual, you are reading my posts with a lot of negative assumptions about what I'm implying. And most of the time, once you've decided you 'know' my intent was really horrible, you act as if every word I write to redirect you to a correct conclusion is some sort of lie.
    Wow

So I'm not going to waste any time here trying to correct you. Your mind is made up, and whether it's true or not doesn't really matter to you.
    Jim --- you flat out compared this "group of donors" to the KKK. You did that, not me.

It sounds like maybe you realized what an incredibly bad analogy that was, and can't really defend it, so you go to this goofy "It's all on you" nonsense.

And it's clear you can't come up with a single thing this group may have done that is anything at all like the KKK.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I said that from the perspective of the LGBTQ+ person.
      You're their spokesman?

To them, this group may as well be the KKK.
      Yeah, cause the KKK was a "group of donors".

And you have 0 understaning as to why that might be the case. But if you'd walked a mile in their shoes, it might be a little less of a mystery.
      wow

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I agree with this for the most part. The government isn't allowed to discriminate, but private businesses do it all the time. Just a sign saying "No shoes, no shirt, no service" is possibly discriminatory toward someone who is homeless.

There are very few private businesses that should be compelled to serve anyone and everyone fairly, and those are essential services and any sort of monopoly. Personally, I wouldn't demand to eat at a restaurant that wants me to leave. I'd rather not get a spit-burger.
        Or a Jesse Jackson as a waiter[1].

1. In an interview with Life magazine, Jackson admitted that he often spit on the food he served white people when he worked as a waiter. He said doing so "gave me psychological gratification."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, I said that from the perspective of the LGBTQ+ person. To them, this group may as well be the KKK.
          OK, so please tell me what this restaurant owner knew about this group that I don't know, that he would think they're anything like the KKK.

What possible reason could they have for thinking that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And what has the group in question done to deserve your condemnation? Let's hear it.
            I'm not condemning them in that sense. But rather I am trying to make clear why they are not welcome. Their positions on LBGTQ+ persons and lifestyle are quite hostile. The people that didn't want to serve them very likely don't see them as any different from Westboro Baptist. And only mildly different from the KKK. At least as far as how they view LQBTQ+. This group is against gay marriage - yes? The consider any acting out of the gay lifestyle as abhorant to God, an abomination - yes? To be in a church, they must completely change what they likely can't change - their same-sex attraction - yes? If such a church could accept them at all. What is there solution to a married gay couple raising children? Divorce - right. Break them up, who cares what it does to the kids. Oh wait, there could not possibly be anything good going on there for the kid - right?

Do you know what happens to most trans kids in evangelical homes? They get kicked to the street. Same with gay kids, especially in the more consrvative churches. "You are no longer welcome here".

There are reasons these staff are not comfortable serving this organisation.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, I said that from the perspective of the LGBTQ+ person. To them, this group may as well be the KKK.
              So that justifies their treatment. What if someone thought pink haired multiple-face pierced teachers may as well be a pedophile. Would that be okay with you?

And you have 0 understaning as to why that might be the case. But if you'd walked a mile in their shoes, it might be a little less of a mystery.
              Ah yes, the old "you wouldn't understand line.

You have to be a junkie to understand addiction. You have to be a drunkard to understand alcoholism.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not condemning them in that sense. But rather I am trying to make clear why they are not welcome. Their positions on LBGTQ+ persons and lifestyle are quite hostile. The people that didn't want to serve them very likely don't see them as any different from Westboro Baptist. And only mildly different from the KKK. At least as far as how they view LQBTQ+. This group is against gay marriage - yes? The consider any acting out of the gay lifestyle as abhorant to God, an abomination - yes? To be in a church, they must completely change what they likely can't change - their same-sex attraction - yes? If such a church could accept them at all. What is there solution to a married gay couple raising children? Divorce - right. Break them up, who cares what it does to the kids. Oh wait, there could not possibly be anything good going on there for the kid - right?

Do you know what happens to most trans kids in evangelical homes? They get kicked to the street. Same with gay kids, especially in the more consrvative churches. "You are no longer welcome here".

There are reasons these staff are not comfortable serving this organisation.
                This exchange has been incredibly educational.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I write about them?
                  you guys does not mean every person posting on tweb. But sheesh, did you notice diogenes post putting 'them' in bed with NAMBLA? Or have you noticed all the love and warmth towards LGBTQ+ in this thread . . Or any thread where it comes up?

But please, if you are not one of those 'guys' there is no need to feel you are included. My meaning is those here, most of them conservative Christians, that routinely disparage LGBTQ+ pretty much any chance they get.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      So that justifies their treatment. What if someone thought pink haired multiple-face pierced teachers may as well be a pedophile. Would that be okay with you?
                      Unfortunately, and unlike with your association above, there are quite legitimate reasons for LGBTQ+ persons to believe conservative Christians are a threat to them. Especially ones that are part of an organisation whose purpose is to limit their freedoms. And I guarantee you this thread is doing absolutely nothing to change that perspective.

Ah yes, the old "you wouldn't understand line.

You have to be a junkie to understand addiction. You have to be a drunkard to understand alcoholism.

On the contrary, why would I chastise for not understanding or trying to understand if it were impossible? All you need to do to understand is to watch and observe without judgement in your heart.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-07-2022, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Interesting perspective....

In a blogpost titled “We’ve Been Canceled! Again”, the group’s president, Victoria Cobb, compared the refusal to accommodate the event to businesses refusing to serve Black customers decades ago.

“Welcome to the 21st century, where people who likely consider themselves ‘progressives’ attempt to recreate an environment from the 1950s and early 60s, when people were denied food service due to their race,” Cobb wrote.

Bingo.

Comment

You're their spokesman?
                          More so than most in this thread, that is for sure

Comment

you guys does not mean every person posting on tweb. But sheesh, did you notice diogenes post putting 'them' in bed with NAMBLA? Or have you noticed all the love and warmth towards LGBTQ+ in this thread . . Or any thread where it comes up?

But please, if you are not one of those 'guys' there is no need to feel you are included. My meaning is those here, most of them conservative Christians, that routinely disparage LGBTQ+ pretty much any chance they get.
                            You can always @ me. I have the receipts. The individual, 1984, all but laments the passage of laws banning certain kinds of obscene material. I have no issue with the regular people who are LGBTQ2IA+. I pity them, especially "trans" individuals, but they are pawns in a broader and more sinister plan to destroy America and rebuild in a new ideological framework. From the 1619 project, to BLM openly associating with the fringe elements of the Black Liberation Movement (communism) in IRS documents, and to the Great Reset by the WEF. There are greater forces at play.

If you want, I can PM you the document that I'm referencing and you can read the degeneracy for yourself. I have no religious basis for my comments. That alone should make you think why I would make such comments. The others you can dismiss with conservative religion, I'm not as conservative nor am I religious.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Interesting perspective....

In a blogpost titled “We’ve Been Canceled! Again”, the group’s president, Victoria Cobb, compared the refusal to accommodate the event to businesses refusing to serve Black customers decades ago.

“Welcome to the 21st century, where people who likely consider themselves ‘progressives’ attempt to recreate an environment from the 1950s and early 60s, when people were denied food service due to their race,” Cobb wrote.

Bingo.
                              I want to say it's ironic that there are a lot of things similar to the Dems of today and the environment prior to the civil rights era. But not really being that nothing's really changed about the Dems of today and the Dems of that era other than HOW they present these policies. For example, they still support black and white segregation, but instead argue it "empowers" blacks because it keeps them safe from the racist whites. It's very creepy how they've managed to flip the arguments in favor of intolerance. The era prior to the civil rights movement is in their very nature which is why it looks the same.

Comment

The mind of a liberal that thinks it's a conservative Christian is both fascinating and disturbing.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment