Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Virginia restaurant refuses service to conservative advocacy group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Yet not when it is Christians refusing to offer their services to those of whose lifestyle they disapprove.

Perhaps the restaurant should have let their reservation stand and then got some of their staff to [in the words of Python] "camp it up".
    I have no idea what your point is...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I have no idea what your point is...
      She doesn't have a point. She's trolling. Ignore her.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

She doesn't have a point. She's trolling. Ignore her.
        She would only have a point if a Christian restaurant refused to serve gay people. I have never heard of anything like that happening. Instead all of the cases I have heard are LBGT trying to force Christians to provide a service they don't provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Who?
          is on first.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            is on first.
            What?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The outrage on this thread is rather amusing!
              That it took you this long to respond in your usual hen fashion is even more amusing.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What?
                he's on second.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet not when it is Christians refusing to offer their services to those of whose lifestyle they disapprove.
                  More of us just find it funny coincidental given the court case going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'm actually curious now. I know it is off topic, but I don't mind if you send me links in a private message.
                    Ditto for me

Comment

What?
                      Is on second
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Homosexual behavior is a sin in both Testaments - are you suggesting that it isn't?
                        im saying that some believe the passages you refer two are to various degrees artifacts of culture rather than divine prohibitions.

And of course it is a choice, a choice to act on those impulses or not...
                        To a certain extent, of course. The sex we are attracted to naturally however appears not to be a choice, that appears to be built in pretty much from birth.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not sure if you're accusing me of arrogance, or ... not quite sure what you're saying there, so I'll wait for you to elaborate, if you so choose.

Are you actually asking that? Have you ever displayed that attitude before? (Not sure if this is you being conciliatory or not)

Sure!

Our local school board has posted a "legislative agenda" which does a number of things that drastically opposed what they were elected to do.
                          Most outstanding is their "vigorous" and "adamant" opposition to school choice, when this is one of the very few areas where Americans overwhelmingly agree.
                          More concerning is their call for on-site counseling services (would need to get into greater detail to show the danger) to provide psychological counseling to students without the parent's knowledge or permission.
                          This is actually a violation of the Texas Constitution.
                          They have instituted a number of programs, such as PFLAG, in direct opposition to the majority of parents and taxpayers.
                          They are pushing for more "counseling services" to affirm gender identity for those students who decide they're the wrong gender.

Here's what happens -- somebody who may be conservative is elected to the school board, and the first thing they do is go to Austin for a week to be trained on how to be a school board member by the Texas Association of School Boards. (the body that also provides the boilerplate 'legislative agenda' they push the school boards to adopt)
                          Somebody who we thought represented our values will come back from that training with ideas drastically opposed to what we believe, and, when called on it, they'll respond, "well, yeah, but you just don't understand the bigger picture"

Across our nation, school boards are being flipped for this kind of crap.
                          Do they have to go to Austin for the "training" before being seated? Because it sounds to me as if the Texas Association of School Boards is nothing but a leftist group sneaking indoctrination disguised as training.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            im saying that some believe the passages you refer two are to various degrees artifacts of culture rather than divine prohibitions.
                            Which coincidentally is mighty convenient for those normally making such claims.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            To a certain extent, of course. The sex we are attracted to naturally however appears not to be a choice, that appears to be built in pretty much from birth.
                            Given that nobody makes a conscious decision as to which sex they will be attracted to, that much is certainly true. FWIU, the relative roles that nature and nurture play are still undecided, although conventional wisdom appears to be leaning toward a genetic element, it isn't a topic I'm interested in enough to delve much more into than at a cursory level.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              Do they have to go to Austin for the "training" before being seated? Because it sounds to me as if the Texas Association of School Boards is nothing but a leftist group sneaking indoctrination disguised as training.
                              That's our school system's rules. Not law. What these people need to learn is that they are the school system's masters, not its subjects. They have the power to hire and fire administrative staff.

However, they've been taught that their job is pretty much to rubber stamp anything the administration wants.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Given that nobody makes a conscious decision as to which sex they will be attracted to, that much is certainly true. FWIU, the relative roles that nature and nurture play are still undecided, although conventional wisdom appears to be leaning toward a genetic element, it isn't a topic I'm interested in enough to delve much more into than at a cursory level.
                                I wonder how many people, given the pressures of society, "decide" they are attracted to the opposite sex, only to discover that was a mistake.

I'm just asking, cause I don't know, but I do know of one of our college students who "was Lesbian", but decided (with no real external pressure) that she loved another guy who was one of our college students. The way she explains it, she felt "safe" with the girl because she had been sexually abused by a guy, but when she dealt with that, it was OK to love this man (and I married them together ).

Comment