Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SHOCKING: Philly gas station hires armed guards to protect against theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Was it a security guard or a police officer?
    Most places I see a security guard, but one place uses cops (they also have a large liquor selection; most places don't have a liquor license).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Most places I see a security guard, but one place uses cops (they also have a large liquor selection; most places don't have a liquor license).

In case anybody's wondering, a very easy way to tell the difference is if the 'officer' is visibly armed.
      (there are exceptions, but there's a difference between "observe and report" and "see and act")
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

In case anybody's wondering, a very easy way to tell the difference is if the 'officer' is visibly armed.
        (there are exceptions, but there's a difference between "observe and report" and "see and act")
        In one store - a block from a police station, no less - a security officer and shoplifter shot each other; neither survived.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I knew a Korean lady who owned one for several years in Atlanta. She sold the business after she caught the off duty cop she hired helping a buddy steal a case or two of beer.
          I lived in a condominium complex in a bad neighborhood in Santa Ana, California. We even had our own gang to root for: the Fifth Street Gang. Anyway, the condo board decided to hire a security guard who went around bumming money from those living there. He hit me up for $5 once. After I moved away, a neighbor told me the guard was killed during a burglary, he was shot in the back going through a window. Poor old Jesse. He actually seemed like a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            In one store - a block from a police station, no less - a security officer and shoplifter shot each other; neither survived.
            There was a shooting this afternoon at the Walmart I got groceries from yesterday. Initial reports had several people shot but fortunately it was only one after an altercation between two groups and the victim was taken by private vehicle to the hospital. Reports are that the parking lot was chock full of cop cars and rescue units within 5 minutes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment