Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Don't Believe A Word' - Detransitioned SEAL Says CNN Used Him As Trans Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I was with you right up to the point where you stopped preaching and went to meddling with that "healthy food and exercise" crap!

(Actually, I've lost 27 lbs and am eating less bad and feeling much better )

(I'm gonna go ahead and amen your post -- hope that's ok with you)
    My brother eats salads now. Regularly even. He even eats kale.

He told me I need to eat healthy -- which I don't.

I told him I'm not going to spend the rest of my life being miserable in hopes that I live a couple months longer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      My brother eats salads now. Regularly even. He even eats kale.

He told me I need to eat healthy -- which I don't.

I told him I'm not going to spend the rest of my life being miserable in hopes that I live a couple months longer.
      I'm not actually trying to "eat healthier", I'm just trying to eat less bad.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not actually trying to "eat healthier", I'm just trying to eat less bad.
        My mother was trying lose weight so she started eating rice cakes. She got some flavored ones. I asked her if they were any good. She replied that they "weren't that bad" or something to that effect.

That's all I needed to know. "weren't that bad" means "not that good."

I enjoy my food too much to just eat stuff I can tolerate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My mother was trying lose weight so she started eating rice cakes. She got some flavored ones. I asked her if they were any good. She replied that they "weren't that bad" or something to that effect.

That's all I needed to know. "weren't that bad" means "not that good."

I enjoy my food too much to just eat stuff I can tolerate.
          Yeah, which is why I focus on the "healthier" or "less bad" foods that I actually enjoy, and "spend my calories" on those.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, which is why I focus on the "healthier" or "less bad" foods that I actually enjoy, and "spend my calories" on those.
            The foods I enjoy rarely fall into the "healthier" category.

Comment

The foods I enjoy rarely fall into the "healthier" category.
              Further derailing this thread -- one of the things I like to do is go to a pizza buffet and eat the toppings and throw away the bread.

Comment

Further derailing this thread -- one of the things I like to do is go to a pizza buffet and eat the toppings and throw away the bread.
                Sheesh. Just pick up a packet of pepperoni or whatever and heat it up. Save the fuss, the mess and the expense.

Comment

Sheesh. Just pick up a packet of pepperoni or whatever and heat it up. Save the fuss, the mess and the expense.
                  That too!

Comment

Hmm. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on it before tossing it into the microwave then give it a fancy, possibly French, name and act all snooty about it.

We could make a fortune serving it.

Comment

Hmm. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on it before tossing it into the microwave then give it a fancy, possibly French, name and act all snooty about it.

We could make a fortune serving it.

Make sure to add "Gluten Free" on the label for an extra price hike.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Make sure to add "Gluten Free" on the label for an extra price hike.
                        Putting "organic" on the label is another cost enhancer.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment