Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's there in black and white, Jim -- you grossly misrepresented what he actually said.
    In a pigs eye. It's what his words imply, at least in english. Maybe you speak in some other tongue? Must be.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The phrase Suspending the constitution applies if any part or the whole is being suspended. Any part suspended is "a suspension of the constitution"
      That's an atypical use of the term. When most people hear "the Constitution", they think of the entire document.

Now I suppose I could play your game and insist that my understanding is what you "Really MeantTM", or I can accept that you simply didn't express yourself clearly and leave it at that.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not overboard words, it's trumps meaning from his own words:

Source: trump

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

© Copyright Original Source

This coming from someone who thinks Americans are idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

This coming from someone who thinks Americans are idiots.
          Only the ones still willing to vote for Trump

Yeah - too harsh on my part.

---

regardless of THAT, there is no limit on how much in Trumps words. In no uncertain terms, Trump is saying that his situation calls for the termination of the constitution to whatever extent is necessary, up to and including all of it, to 'right the wrong' he percieves.

and that means Trump us in fact willing to violate his oath of office to retain power. And that means He is simply unfit for any public office.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-06-2022, 06:30 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It could be worse, they could have voted for this guy.

Comment

---

regardless of THAT, there is no limit on how much in Trumps words. In no uncertain terms, Trump is saying that his situation calls for the termination of the constitution to whatever extent is necessary, up to and including all of it, to 'right the wrong' he percieves.

and that means Trump us in fact willing to violate his oath of office to retain power. And that means He is simply unfit for any public office.
              So you AREsaying it's entirety.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

So you AREsaying it's entirety.
                I think ox is just spit-balling at this point and hoping something sticks.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In a pigs eye. It's what his words imply, at least in english. Maybe you speak in some other tongue? Must be.
                  No, Jim, it's what you in your hatred of Trump infer.

And you're back to doing that "I'm about to blow my stack again" routine, so I'll back off.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's not overboard words, it's trumps meaning from his own words:

Source: trump

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

© Copyright Original Source

wow
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I think it is not well understood that Trump’s message was in reaction to Matt Taibbi’s Twitter thread:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...39378.html?amp

We will hear much more about Biden/Ukraine/Laptops/Nudes in the months ahead.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Did I add 'in its entirety'? Why can't you guys use my words accurately in your comments. Is it because my words as I wrote them simply don't lend themselves to the message you want to give?

I don't mind being quoted, I don't mind it when people point out where I'm incorrect. But it is entirely dishonest to build a case on what I never said.
                        Well that's ironic considering that is exactly what you keep doing with Trump's words.

Comment

Did I add 'in its entirety'? Why can't you guys use my words accurately in your comments. Is it because my words as I wrote them simply don't lend themselves to the message you want to give?

I don't mind being quoted, I don't mind it when people point out where I'm incorrect. But it is entirely dishonest to build a case on what I never said.
                          Yeah, I missed this earlier. It is EXACTLY what you are doing, Jim.
                          You misrepresent what Trump said (it really is all there in black and white) then you explain a meaning you want to believe to match the message you want to give.

And, yes, it is entirely dishonest to build a case on what Trump never said.

Jim - there are PLENTY of things Trump actually said, that if quoted accurately, are damning enough.
                          You go over the top with seeing things that simply are not there, and would clearly be called out of order in a court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So much of "the other side" was suppressed because of the bogus one-sided "we hate Trump" 'investigations'. It will be interesting to see what other details surface if and when the Republicans do their own 'investigation'.
                            Starting with, given there were warnings of potential violence why did Pelosi turn down Trump's offer of sending the National Guard in to insure order?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Starting with, given there were warnings of potential violence why did Pelosi turn down Trump's offer of sending the National Guard in to insure order?
                              It was such an incredibly one-sided "investigation" it's almost criminal. AND... did you see that Liz Cheney was a runner-up for Time's Person of the Year?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                I think it is not well understood that Trump’s message was in reaction to Matt Taibbi’s Twitter thread:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...39378.html?amp

We will hear much more about Biden/Ukraine/Laptops/Nudes in the months ahead.
                                FYI. The whole it was all about the nude images on the laptop is nothing more than the latest thing concocted by the left to justify the censoring of anything about Hunter's laptop before the election.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment