Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Right now, both parties want Desantis to take down Trump, but I doubt they much care if he actually wins the general. They just want Trump out of the way.
    What ya mean “both parties”? I’m rooting for Trump. I thought you were too.

“I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, which is why the section often known as "God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity" by Paul in Romans 1 must be ignored - "Jesus never condemned homosexuality".
      Because they're too ignorant to know why Jesus never addressed it. Jesus was dealing exclusively with the Jews ("House of Israel") as their Messiah. IOW, he was giving the Jews first dibs in accepting their Jewish Messiah before Gentiles. The Jews had strict laws prohibiting homosexuality, so they never had a problem with it, as they dealt with it themselves according to their law. Paul was obviously evangelizing to the Gentiles where homosexuality didn't have the same strictures against it.

Comment

• America's SECOND favorite idiot, you mean. The favorite means the one with the most votes. 81 Million to be exact.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

What I hate is the fact that the GOP stripped itself naked publicly for a prostitute promising them glory and power.
          You mean what the Democrats have been doing for decades, and continue to do just in a more colorful way? For every single problem you can bring against the Republicans I can find you equal or worse with the Democrat party, and that includes links to groups like the KKK, anti-environmentalist groups, groups that actively harm children and more.

The rest is just me standing up for what is right and true in the midst of lies and compromise.
          And the right sees themselves doing the exact same thing, but against the lies and compromises of the Democrats. Until you realize that you are in the same trap that gung-ho Trump supporters have fallen into, just on opposite sides of the coin you will never stop any of the true threats we face.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Jesus never condemned child sacrifice so he must have been okay with that as well.
            There are a lot of things that Jesus never explicitly condemned but are condemned elsewhere in scripture, which is why the "But Jesus never said..." theology is so deceptive and is leading to the destruction of the church in America.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Because they're too ignorant to know why Jesus never addressed it. Jesus was dealing exclusively with the Jews ("House of Israel") as their Messiah. IOW, he was giving the Jews first dibs in accepting their Jewish Messiah before Gentiles. The Jews had strict laws prohibiting homosexuality, so they never had a problem with it, as they dealt with it themselves according to their law. Paul was obviously evangelizing to the Gentiles where homosexuality didn't have the same strictures against it.
              Well, yeah, um... that!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, yeah, um... that!
                That really is becoming part of the argument used by the wolves in sheep's clothing pushing woke culture in the church to rationalize the acceptance of it in the faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

That really is becoming part of the argument used by the wolves in sheep's clothing pushing woke culture in the church to rationalize the acceptance of it in the faith.
                  Yeah, I pretty much expected that from Jim from prior conversations, but
                  A) My memory isn't what it used to be
                  2) Wanted to ask rather than assume.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Post of the Day Material.

Second time in less than a week someone has said that to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Second time in less than a week someone has said that to me.
                      I was paid handsomely to say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Jesus never condemned child sacrifice so he must have been okay with that as well.
                        So, let's not read the Bible for what it says, let's hunt for the verses (or lack thereof) to support what we want to believe.

Comment

So, let's not read the Bible for what it says, let's hunt for the verses (or lack thereof) to support what we want to believe.
                          Much more comfortable that way
                          We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

• A pastor friend of mine, who has long been in support of Trump, posted about this on Facebook. He said that when he joined the military, he took an oath to defend the Constitution and he cannot support Trump here. He's getting hit with comments agreeing that in order to fight back against purported electoral fraud, we may need to dispense with the Constitution
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

Much more comfortable that way
                              It's kinda like "The Church of the Seven Commandments" --- you pick the seven.

Comment

It's kinda like "The Church of the Seven Commandments" --- you pick the seven.
                                Or Mr Thomas Jefferson's Bible.
                                We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment