Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I wonder if democrats will make him a "pied piper" candidate like Hillary did in 2016, or like Democrats did with other "dangers to democracy" in 2022.
    The Democrats trying to help Republican candidates win they 'think' will lose is one risky strategy ... one that may well underestimate just how despised some of their policies are by moderates. Though so far I suppose it has paid off.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The Democrats trying to help Republican candidates win they 'think' will lose is one risky strategy ... one that may well underestimate just how despised some of their policies are by moderates. Though so far I suppose it has paid off.
      It paid off in 2022, it backfired heavily in 2016.

Comment

Keeping in mind God's will wrt the details is understood rather differnty across the whole of Christendom:
        Sure

In many ways, sure. Their positions on global warming are more on target in terms of a valid theological perspective than the Republicans, more in line with what is good for us and life on this planet.
        So, not anything addressed by scripture.

They certainly have the higher ground wrt immigration and caring for the poor, even if their policies for implementing that high ground may not be competent.
        And you believe this is because they actually care about the poor, not just wanting to assimilate them into our society to keep themselves in power, no doubt.

They certainly do not tolerate sucking up to white supremacists and neo-nazis.
        Neither do I, and probably neither do the vast majority of American conservatives.

And they certainly don't promote the idea a 12 year old raped girl should be forced to carry a baby to term - something you and I probably disagree with in terms of what God's will is.
        "Forced to carry a baby to term"? I'd say "encouraged" - but this is one of those areas where Democrats will use a tragic situation to justify their bloodthirst for abortion. The abortion INDUSTRY is wholly supporting Democrats, and vice versa, Jim.

So.... actual scriptural issues, not environmental ones or social gospel issues interpreted a particular way (there's actually scripture that says if one does not work, they should not eat (assuming ability to work, yes?)), OK?

Where is your Christianity regarding basic moral issues like...
        Marriage between one man and one woman.
        God created male and female.
        Homosexuality is a sin.

Things like that?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What I hate is the fact that the GOP stripped itself naked publicly for a prostitute promising them glory and power.

The rest is just me standing up for what is right and true in the midst of lies and compromise.
          God uses prostitutes, Jim. Remember Rahab?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Keeping in mind God's will wrt the details is understood rather differnty across the whole of Christendom:

In many ways, sure. Their positions on global warming are more on target in terms of a valid theological perspective than the Republicans, more in line with what is good for us and life on this planet. They certainly have the higher ground wrt immigration and caring for the poor, even if their policies for implementing that high ground may not be competent.

Are you saying Democrats are Christian Nationalists?

They certainly do not tolerate sucking up to white supremacists and neo-nazis.
            Dems aren't a big fan of Israel as a political entity.

And they certainly don't promote the idea a 12 year old raped girl should be forced to carry a baby to term - something you and I probably disagree with in terms of what God's will is.
            Just the illegal immigration that allows for the kind of person that would rape a 10 year old. Dems also refuse to support federal protections for abortion survivors. Is that part of God's will?
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I wonder if democrats will make him a "pied piper" candidate like Hillary did in 2016, or like Democrats did with other "dangers to democracy" in 2022.
              Right now, both parties want Desantis to take down Trump, but I doubt they much care if he actually wins the general. They just want Trump out of the way.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sure

So, not anything addressed by scripture.

And you believe this is because they actually care about the poor, not just wanting to assimilate them into our society to keep themselves in power, no doubt.
                and that is the sort of thinking that gives Trump his power (in general, not necessarily over you) I have many democrat friends, and not one of them was any less than 100% pure in their desire to right the sort of societal wrongs that create poverty and oppression. Many of them made it their lifes work.The only debate I had with them is how to solve the problems.

Neither do I, and probably neither do the vast majority of American conservatives.
                I beg to differ. This country' GOP leadership has in continuity tolerated just that in DT - as per this thread, as have the majority of his base.

"Forced to carry a baby to term"? I'd say "encouraged" - but this is one of those areas where Democrats will use a tragic situation to justify their bloodthirst for abortion. The abortion INDUSTRY is wholly supporting Democrats, and vice versa, Jim.
                Many republican lawmakers post the supreme court Roe v Wade reversal xalled for and imposed laws that made detecting pregnancy in time to meet the allowed term difficult and had no exceptions for rape or incest regardless the age of the victim.

So.... actual scriptural issues, not environmental ones or social gospel issues interpreted a particular way (there's actually scripture that says if one does not work, they should not eat (assuming ability to work, yes?)), OK?
                Should I point out that abortion itself is not an 'actual scripture issue', with the exception of one law in exodus that actually implies that early term fetus are not valued as a person.

Where is your Christianity regarding basic moral issues like...
                Marriage between one man and one woman.
                God created male and female.
                Homosexuality is a sin.

Things like that?
                As I've pointed out before, Jesus ministry did not focus on personal sexual morality. And the one time he addressed it, while acknowledging adultery is sin, he told her 'neither do I condemn you'

And In light of that, how do you justify calling caring for the poor a non scriptural issue when Jesus talked about how we treat the poor, greed, and the like almost the entirety of His earthly ministry?
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-05-2022, 11:43 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Regardless of anything else, Trump's instructions explicitly called for his supporters to act peacefully, but you're trying to convince us that it was said with a wink, and that he really meant the exact opposite.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Are you saying Democrats are Christian Nationalists?
                    No, and unless you have an IQ less than 80 im guessing you already knew that.

Dems aren't a big fan of Israel as a political entity.
                    Which could only be connected if you were trying to claim the reason for that was overt anti-semitism. Most opposition to Israel these days stems from human rights violations, not that it is necessarily a correct evaluation of the whole of the dynamic there.

Just the illegal immigration that allows for the kind of person that would rape a 10 year old. Dems also refuse to support federal protections for abortion survivors. Is that part of God's will?
                    I'd remind you the question was not what policies of the democrats conflict with God's will, but rather, if there were any consistent with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Again, denial and gaslightong do not change the facts as I've outlined them. This pretense that unless Trump explicitly told them to go take over the capital that he was not responsible for what happened or did not do everything he could to make it happen short of that sort of overt call to action is Cow manure.

Comment

What about Gomer?
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

No, and unless you have an IQ less than 80 im guessing you already knew that.
                          He is currently being called a Christian Nationalist by one poster with TDS.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Again, denial and gaslightong do not change the facts as I've outlined them. This pretense that unless Trump explicitly told them to go take over the capital that he was not responsible for what happened or did not do everything he could to make it happen short of that sort of overt call to action is Cow manure.
                            The denial and gaslighting is coming from your side Jim. Just how many times did they get caught editing transcripts and the like (that's gotten to be an Adam Schiff specialty) in order to try to make their case? If that isn't a red flag, then I don't know what is.

Comment

For that matter, God uses kings who will curse Him with their dying breath, such as Pharaoh.

God can use anybody for anything, and it will not necessarily reflect positively on that person.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'll take that as an attempt at humor.

More seriously is the comparison to nebachudnezzar that has been used to deceive a large number of Christians almost to the point they are willing to Bow down to him as an idol or savior.

Comment