Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'd like to see the quote

Never mind ... I am reading it now
    No wonder his insurrection failed. He took all the guns away from his followers.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I haven't seen any other major elected republican support that comment. I'm on the record of telling you I think he's an idiot and narcissist. At this point, I expect, contrary to Liberals opinion, Trump's time has passed.
      Except, of course, that he's still living rent-free in the heads of many of his enemies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It seems to me that he's saying that we shouldn't let rules, including the Constitution, get in the way of throwing the 2020 presidential election results out and declaring the "rightful winner", or having a new election.

But I'll grant that there is always some ambiguity in his writing.
        That qualifies as an understatement

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Except, of course, that he's still living rent-free in the heads of many of his enemies.
            This was specifically in response to the notion that "Trump's time has passed". I wish he would go away.

If he's saying stupid things like that, it's all the more reason that he should go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'd like to see the quote

Never mind ... I am reading it now
              "I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

It's pretty much indistinguishable from what our mutual acquaintance vibise elsewhere proposes for 'restraining orders' (arguably it goes even further)

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

That doesn't appear to be what he's saying. Contextually, he seems to be discussing recourses available for undoing a perceived wrong.
                Your reading seems more likely, but MM's does make sense also. It's a Rorschach.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It seems to me that he's saying that we shouldn't let rules, including the Constitution, get in the way of throwing the 2020 presidential election results out and declaring the "rightful winner", or having a new election.

But I'll grant that there is always some ambiguity in his writing.
                  It's pretty clear he's a narcissist. Losing an election seems to be something he simply can't comprehend, and therefore it has to be due to nefarious deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    Hrm. While I can see that as an alternate interpretation, it seems to me that the more natural one given the structure would be him saying that the rules/regulations/articles/Constituton should be terminated to fix the issues he thinks there are.

On the other hand, it's possible he just phrased it poorly. It happens, and Trump certainly has a history of not looking over his own Tweets very well (remember covfefe?).

Here's the full Tweet, for the record, as the article frustratingly doesn't show a picture of it, show the text, or link to it:

"So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great “Founders” did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

Link:
                    https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldT...49803240069864

I don't think the greater context of the sentence in the tweet sheds more light on it though. It still is a bit ambiguous. From the way it's written the "suspend the Constitution" makes more sense, but on the other hand that's such an extreme thing to declare that even with my low opinion of him, I'd find it odd if that was Trump's intent.
                    Him referencing what our Founding Fathers would have wanted doesn't seem to gel with the interpretation that he's calling for the Constitution to be suspended, because that is most certainly not what they would have wanted.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Perhaps you should read what Trump actually said:

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

He is, in fact, saying the exact opposite of what you and the article claim he is saying. He is saying that the Constitution should be upheld and is accusing those on the left of terminating the "rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".
                      The article contains the quote

Source: op article

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

© Copyright Original Source

He is, in fact, calling for the overturning of the election, and the abandonment of the constitution to 'right the wrong' of his loss.

I truly feel sorry for any and all that have been so deluded by this man as to be coerced into becoming traitors to their nation based on his despicable lies.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The article contains the quote

Source: op article

© Copyright Original Source

He is, in fact, calling for the overturning of the election, and the abandonment of the constitution to 'right the wrong' of his loss.

I truly feel sorry for any and all that have been so deluded by this man as to be coerced into becoming traitors to their nation based on his despicable lies.
                        Based on other comments in the thread, it seems Trump's statements are ambiguous at best and can be taken multiple ways, and unless he clarifies, it seems all we can say is that we don't know what he actually meant.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Based on other comments in the thread, it seems Trump's statements are ambiguous at best and can be taken multiple ways, and unless he clarifies, it seems all we can say is that we don't know what he actually meant.
                          Not even close, though this sort of denial of the truth and making of excuses be by his enablers are why this traitor continues to stay out of jail, and why he continues to have destructive influence in our politics and our society.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Trump is not remotely a Constitutionalist.

Hell, the dude literally said he's fine with stripping people's 2nd amendment rights and asking questions later.
                            I think that has more to do with how Trump was literally all over the map with his political views at different times in the years before he ran for president. I mean after the 2012 election he was calling for a path to citizenship for however many illegals there were in the country. At other times in the past he thought that Obamacare didn't go far enough and wanted a one time wealth tax. He even left the Republican Party back during the debate over partial birth abortion saying the Republican view that aborting a baby as it is already part way out of the mother's body was wrong was far too extreme for him.

After he was elected though he remained consistent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I would say the problem is that Trump's ego was never able to accept the fact that he lost. We saw time and time again that anytime his ego takes a blow, he comes up with excuses to protect it. He's very vain. Whether he gets upset about people mocking his hand size, the size of his inauguration crowd on a day with poor weather, the fact that he didn't get the most popular votes when he won, etc. He can't accept it, and instead has to come up with wild explanations as to why it happened instead of accepting the fact that he can't be the "the best" at everything. It shows that he feels that when he thinks he's been "wronged", then anything to right that "wrong" can be justified.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                I, for one, appreciate the calm and rational manner in which you discuss your political views.

Comment