Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    At some point you and others need to realize that it is your blind hatred of democrats and liberals that have enabled Trump to get as far as he has.
    Wow.

Your hatred is his power. It makes his people excuse every law he has broken, every fubdamental principle of the republic his has violated, every principle of integrity he has abandoned.
    I have done no such thing, nor am I "his people".

When it comes to Trump, the democrats are our friends.
    Come on, Jim, get it all out....

Conservatives have DeSantis and Pence among others to draw out and provide opposition to liberal policies.
    So.... they're not spawns of Satan?

But the GOP,
    I'm not GOP - haven't been in probably 20 years.

and conservatives across the nation, need to walk away from Trump and let his influence fade to nothing.
    I have already said I wish he'd go away. You, on the other hand, are absolutely consumed with him.

He has been far more dangerous to the stability and future of this nation than any Democrat will ever be.
    Even a bigger WOW

And as long as people like yourself are blinded by your hatred of democrats to the greater danger he poses, he will continue to have his way.
    "People like myself"? MY "hared of Democrats?" Do you froth at the mouth when you type this crap, Jim?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      You think he doesn't say "stupid stuff"? You think he is some sort of evil genius? He has the vocabulary of a 12 year old.
      WHAT? He has a BEAUTIFUL vocabulary, very beautiful... very VERY beautiful... how can you talk this crazy talk - there's never been anything more beautiful on the face of the planet or the history of the world! Absolutely beautiful.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... When it comes to Trump, the democrats are our friends....
        This is clearly the divide. I would say "When it comes to Democrats, Trump is my friend." Trump strengthened the country when he was at the helm. Democrats are destroying it. I don't have to like him, but when it comes to the lesser of evils, he is least.

Comment

Dog whistles, eh?

You think he doesn't say "stupid stuff"? You think he is some sort of evil genius? He has the vocabulary of a 12 year old.

He likes to be important, he has a big ego. He wants to be president again because of that. He doesn't have much of a chance so you shouldn't worry too much about it.
          That is the story line that was being told all the way to jan 6. And yet, his people heard him and did their best to make what he wanted to happen happen. And it almost succeeded, excepting those n the GOP who stood him down.

Trump is a 'genius' when it comes to manipulating people into fighting for him. If you had asked me six years ago if an immoral philandering narcissist could win the undying support of evangelicals and racists and even neo-nazis all at the same time to the point of violence in the US Capitol in an attempt to overthrow an election, I'd say they were insane.

And yet, here we are.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow.

I have done no such thing, nor am I "his people".

Come on, Jim, get it all out....

So.... they're not spawns of Satan?

I'm not GOP - haven't been in probably 20 years.

I have already said I wish he'd go away. You, on the other hand, are absolutely consumed with him.

Even a bigger WOW

"People like myself"? MY "hared of Democrats?" Do you froth at the mouth when you type this crap, Jim?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At some point you and others need to realize that it is your blind hatred of democrats and liberals that have enabled Trump to get as far as he has. Your hatred is his power. It makes his people excuse every law he has broken, every fubdamental principle of the republic his has violated, every principle of integrity he has abandoned. When it comes to Trump, the democrats are our friends. Conservatives have DeSantis and Pence among others to draw out and provide opposition to liberal policies. But the GOP, and conservatives across the nation, need to walk away from Trump and let his influence fade to nothing. He has been far more dangerous to the stability and future of this nation than any Democrat will ever be. And as long as people like yourself are blinded by your hatred of democrats to the greater danger he poses, he will continue to have his way.
              You are completely missing the swinging of the pendulum, and how it had swung so far to the left that the right became desperate for someone who would stand up to the abuses being perpetrated by the left. Trump was the first Republican candidate in quite a while with a spine and wasn't willing to compromise on very important issues. Trump being elected was just a sign of the momentum of the pendulum swinging to the left had started to run out, and now it's going to swing back to the right and hard*. As long as you continue focusing on one side as being "the bad guys" you will eternally misunderstand the problems, what led to them, and worst of all perpetuate them. Your hatred of Republicans, and specifically Trump, is so much that you miss all of the dangers the Democrats and their antihuman allies pose(like the WEF). Both parties are absolutely terrible, and the extremes on both sides are bad, but we live in a world that predictably follows cause and effect. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You are just as bad, and arguably worse than everyone here you decry so much when it comes to this. You are just as tribalistic, stubborn, and myopic as the "alt-right", but you refuse to see it because of the very same mindset that fuels the alt-right. Until you can dig yourself out of that mire, you won't ever be able to see clearly just how all of this works.

*That's not a good thing, as it always manages to overshoot where it should be. Both sides abuse power when they have it. However, right now the left has much further reach and influence than the right has ever had. All of those things the left put in place to make their power more wide reaching and abusable will then be in the hands of the right, and the results will not be pretty. The only way for this to not happen is for humanity to pull their heads out of their collective rear ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You are completely missing the swinging of the pendulum, and how it had swung so far to the left that the right became desperate for someone who would stand up to the abuses being perpetrated by the left. Trump was the first Republican candidate in quite a while with a spine and wasn't willing to compromise on very important issues. Trump being elected was just a sign of the momentum of the pendulum swinging to the left had started to run out, and now it's going to swing back to the right and hard*. As long as you continue focusing on one side as being "the bad guys" you will eternally misunderstand the problems, what led to them, and worst of all perpetuate them. Your hatred of Republicans, and specifically Trump, is so much that you miss all of the dangers the Democrats and their antihuman allies pose(like the WEF). Both parties are absolutely terrible, and the extremes on both sides are bad, but we live in a world that predictably follows cause and effect. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You are just as bad, and arguably worse than everyone here you decry so much when it comes to this. You are just as tribalistic, stubborn, and myopic as the "alt-right", but you refuse to see it because of the very same mindset that fuels the alt-right. Until you can dig yourself out of that mire, you won't ever be able to see clearly just how all of this works.

*That's not a good thing, as it always manages to overshoot where it should be. Both sides abuse power when they have it. However, right now the left has much further reach and influence than the right has ever had. All of those things the left put in place to make their power more wide reaching and abusable will then be in the hands of the right, and the results will not be pretty. The only way for this to not happen is for humanity to pull their heads out of their collective rear ends.
                Look at how the left utterly savaged someone who is the very picture of proper decorum, Mitt Romney. No lie was too big to smear him with. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid even smirked about his lie about Romney not paying any income taxes as "worked, didn't it?"

The same with the Bush's. Both were very prim and proper and always polite.

Playing nice with a side who always does anything but led to people getting sick and tired of Republican leaders playing the role of a door mat. They wanted someone willing to fight back and not just smile and take it over and over, again and again.

Hence Trump.

If it wasn't him it would have been someone who also loved to get in the gutter with the left and give at least as good as he got.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Nice summation. Unfortunately, Oxi is in a TDS mode right now and is thinking with his emotions. Once he calms down he might look a little deeper into the Trump phenomenon, as you suggest.

Comment

WHAT? He has a BEAUTIFUL vocabulary, very beautiful... very VERY beautiful... how can you talk this crazy talk - there's never been anything more beautiful on the face of the planet or the history of the world! Absolutely beautiful.
                    "I have the greatest vocabulary. It's so great that I don't even need to tell you how great it is. It's just great. The greatest vocabulary."
                    "Do you know any superlatives besides 'great'?"
                    "Of course I do, but great is a great word. It's the greatest word."
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I will be so glad when US political life is no longer defined by what Trump did and how did you react to it?
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

That is the story line that was being told all the way to jan 6. And yet, his people heard him and did their best to make what he wanted to happen happen. And it almost succeeded, excepting those n the GOP who stood him down.

Trump is a 'genius' when it comes to manipulating people into fighting for him. If you had asked me six years ago if an immoral philandering narcissist could win the undying support of evangelicals and racists and even neo-nazis all at the same time to the point of violence in the US Capitol in an attempt to overthrow an election, I'd say they were insane.

And yet, here we are.
                        What Trump wanted to happen on Jan 6, and what he clearly said, was that his supporters were to proceed to the Capitol to "make your voices patriotically and peacefully heard". But, of course, you have that special insight for knowing what he Really MeantTM.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nice summation. Unfortunately, Oxi is in a TDS mode right now and is thinking with his emotions. Once he calms down he might look a little deeper into the Trump phenomenon, as you suggest.
                          Doubtful that will ever happen. He's committed too much of his time, energy, and has tied his identity to the left and most of their ideals at this point. Once a person does that, regardless of which movement or group they do that with, they are practically impossible to reach. Everything is seen as an attack on who they are as a person, rather than a criticism on their actions and beliefs. I blame the disagreement=hatred movement. Sadly even people from before that movement have bought the belief and propagate it. It's an intentionally divisive and destructive ideology, but it's spread under the guise of "tolerance" and "inclusion".

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            I will be so glad when US political life is no longer defined by what Trump did and how did you react to it?
                            Probably the day after they stop attaching "gate" to every political scandal.

Comment

This is clearly the divide. I would say "When it comes to Democrats, Trump is my friend." Trump strengthened the country when he was at the helm. Democrats are destroying it. I don't have to like him, but when it comes to the lesser of evils, he is least.
                              Again, the danger Trump represents is a danger to the fundamentas of our nation - trust in elections, wanton abuse of power, respect for the oath of office and the constitution, etc - is much more immediate threat than anything happening on the Democrat side. All that is necessary to fix the problem is for the GOP to abandon him. But the fact they have instead compromised themselves almost completely on his behalf means that they ALSO are part of that danger. Trump needs to go away, the GOP needs to find its own redemption from having allowed themselves to become Trumps minions, and until those things happen, the only way the nation as we know it survives is if the Democrats are in charge.

but a BETTER solution would be for the Republicans to find something resembling principle again, let Trump pay the penalties he deserves to pay based on his actions, and find a new path towards moderating the liberal direction of the Democrats. And finding a way back to civil discussion of those differences.

None of that happens as long as GOP leadership is so compromised that they are even willing to violate their oath to protect and uphold the constitution in order to appease this man.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Except, of course, that he's still living rent-free in the heads of many of his enemies.
                                I don't think this is fair. While one could perhaps say this for a while after he lost re-election (though even then Trump did repeatedly inject himself back into the spotlight), he's now running for President again. Given that, it's not like people are bringing him up for no reason; he is the one putting himself in the heads of his enemies through his actions of running again.

Comment