Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Not even close, though this sort of denial of the truth and making of excuses be by his enablers are why this traitor continues to stay out of jail, and why he continues to have destructive influence in our politics and our society.
    So, Trump wants to secure votes with his right-wing crowd by threatening to undermine the Constitution in his statement? You honestly think that's what he's doing here?

The guy makes knee-jerk, cringe-worthy emotional comments all the time, and that was a feature of his time on Twitter. This is more of the same. The crux of the statement is "I was robbed of the 2020 election! Something should be done about it! WaaaH! "

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

So, Trump wants to secure votes with his right-wing crowd by threatening to undermine the Constitution in his statement? You honestly think that's what he's doing here?

The guy makes knee-jerk, cringe-worthy emotional comments all the time, and that was a feature of his time on Twitter. This is more of the same. The crux of the statement is "I was robbed of the 2020 election! Something should be done about it! WaaaH! "
      There's always been this rush to panic or hyperventilate over what Trump says and ignore what he does.

Can anybody dispute - whether you disagree with the action or not - that Roe was overturned because of a bunch of things Trump DID?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not even close, though this sort of denial of the truth and making of excuses be by his enablers are why this traitor continues to stay out of jail, and why he continues to have destructive influence in our politics and our society.
        Again, read through your own thread and see that I am not the only one to arrive at that conclusion. My first impression was that Trump was saying that the significant and unexplained irregularities we saw during the election were a suspension of the Constitution, something our Founding Fathers would never have approved of, but I've been convinced that his statement could just as easily be read to say the exact opposite, that he believes our Founding Fathers would have agreed to suspend the Constitution in response to the significant and unexplained irregularities we saw during the election.

When a statement can be plausibly read more than one way, it's unwise to stake your position that it could only mean one thing, and unless Trump offers additional clarification, the best we can say is that it's just a typically ambiguous Trump statement.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There's always been this rush to panic or hyperventilate over what Trump says and ignore what he does.
          Those with TDS certainly do that. Trump has a weak filter and says too much off the top of his head. That might not have been a problem for an eccentric billionaire running beauty contests and reality TV shows, but it is problematic for anyone in politics.

Can anybody dispute - whether you disagree with the action or not - that Roe was overturned because of a bunch of things Trump DID?
          A byproduct of his actions, yes, but probably not a specific goal. Personally, I didn't see it coming.

Comment

I, for one, appreciate the calm and rational manner in which you discuss your political views.

Comment

There is no excuse. And the man is not naive, in fact he's quite clever at saying things so that he gets his message out but leaves room for his enablers to gaslight those speaking out against his obvious intent.

Jan 6 was a consequence of this same sort of rhetoric. "His people" knew exactly what he wanted, just as did every media pundit. They knew where it was going, and they warned about it for months, just as he fed it for months. And all along the way his enablers were denying he was actually calling for what eventually happened.

The only reason this keeps happening is that people like yourself keep buying into the lie that "he didn't know", or "he's just saying stupid stuff"

And by now you and everyone else here should know better. He is not just saying stupid stuff. He is rallying his people to his cause
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Those with TDS certainly do that. Trump has a weak filter and says too much off the top of his head. That might not have been a problem for an eccentric billionaire running beauty contests and reality TV shows, but it is problematic for anyone in politics.
                Ego. He loved to hear himself talk, and he loved to hear people laugh at his jokes and cheer his antics. Super big ego.

A byproduct of his actions, yes, but probably not a specific goal. Personally, I didn't see it coming.
                Agreed - but he set up the SCOTUS without whom it would never have been possible.
                But you bring up a good point .... because he was POTUS (some would argue God used yet another ass) there was a lot of good done that affects Christians in a positive way.
                Much of that good may well have been "in spite" of him, but, nonetheless, an awful lot of good came out of his presidency.
                The US Embassy in Jerusalem, for one! Other presidents had promised to do it.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is no excuse. And the man is not naive, in fact he's quite clever at saying things so that he gets his message out but leaves room for his enablers to gaslight those speaking out against his obvious intent.

Jan 6 was a consequence of this same sort of rhetoric. "His people" knew exactly what he wanted, just as did every media pundit. They knew where it was going, and they warned about it for months, just as he fed it for months. And all along the way his enablers were denying he was actually calling for what eventually happened.

The only reason this keeps happening is that people like yourself keep buying into the lie that "he didn't know", or "he's just saying stupid stuff"

And by now you and everyone else here should know better. He is not just saying stupid stuff. He is rallying his people to his cause
                  So no matter what Trump says, you just know what he "really meant" even if it's the opposite of what he actually said. For instance, telling his supporters on January 6th to "make your voices patriotically and peacefully heard" really meant "Storm the Capitol!"

In this case, his statement is ambiguous at best, but of course, you just know what he "really meant". Yeah, okay.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-05-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I think you're giving him far more credit than he deserves, Jim.

ALL we have heard about this is from one-sided investigations. We're about to hear more.
                    The "insurrection" was over in hours, the only direct death was an unarmed woman shot by a nervous cop.
                    In order to make it far worse, the left had to outright LIE about a capitol police officer being "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher".
                    That lie continued long after it was shown to be false.
                    The Democrats have used this to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.

No, Jim, the reason stuff like this happens is because we are an amazingly divided nation, and there is way too much hostility on both sides.
                    There are people on the left who go absolutely nuts, fomenting hate, that keeps the fire burning.

That's exactly the message many Democrats use for fundraising to keep their own lying corrupt butts in power. It's ugly politics, Him. On both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I think that has more to do with how Trump was literally all over the map with his political views at different times in the years before he ran for president. I mean after the 2012 election he was calling for a path to citizenship for however many illegals there were in the country. At other times in the past he thought that Obamacare didn't go far enough and wanted a one time wealth tax. He even left the Republican Party back during the debate over partial birth abortion saying the Republican view that aborting a baby as it is already part way out of the mother's body was wrong was far too extreme for him.

After he was elected though he remained consistent.
                      The thing in question was while he was president.

And no he did not remotely remain consistent while president

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So no matter what Trump says, you just know what he "really meant" even if it's the opposite of what he actually said. For instance, telling his supporters on January 6th to "make your voices patriotically and peacefully heard" really meant "Storm the Capitol!"

In this case, his statement is ambiguous at best, but of course, you just know what he "really meant". Yeah, okay.
                        It will be interesting to see if the Republicans actually grow a spine and provide some of the information that was suppressed by crooked "investigators" who were still using the "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" lie to raise money.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I think that has more to do with how Trump was literally all over the map with his political views at different times in the years before he ran for president.
                          A bit more on that just to show how much he changed:
                          • strongly pro-abortion (saying on Fox News Sunday that he was "totally pro-choice" and in his 2000 book "The America We Deserve" had “pro-choice instincts”), co-sponsored a dinner honoring a leader of NARAL, and came out against any ban on partial birth abortions saying it was Republican opposition to it that caused him to leave the party
                          • pro-gun control supporting the assault weapons bans (an outright ban on semi-automatic rifles) and calling for longer waiting times before a firearm could be purchased
                          • called for a massive one-time 14.25% "net worth tax" on the wealthy as a key part of his economic proposals when he ran for president in 1999. In 2009 Trump said that the Democrat's economic stimulus package was “what we need” as a country.
                          • condemned Romney for being an immigration hardliner in 2012 and called for a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens on Bill O'Reilly's Fox News show.
                            You have to give them a path. You have 20 million, 30 million, nobody knows what it is. It used to be 11 million. Now, today I hear it’s 11, but I don’t think it’s 11. I actually heard you probably have 30 million. You have to give them a path, and you have to make it possible for them to succeed. You have to do that.
                          • in one of his books he said that the U.S. needed a universal health care modeled on the Canadian system (supporting their single-payer system that is even further to the left than Obamacare!), he called universal health care an "entitlement" from birth and described himself as "very liberal when it comes to health care" on Larry King's old show on CNN.
                          • loves to take advantage of eminent domain laws being one of the nation's leading users of it telling Fox News’s Neil Cavuto of the Supreme Court's Kelo decision, "I happen to agree with it 100 percent."
                          • while now praising Reagan, repeatedly saying that he “really liked” him ... "not only his policies, smart guy and so much smarter, you know, I always sort of have to laugh to myself when people try and criticize that level of intelligence. And I loved his style. I loved what he represented." But back when Reagan was president in 1987 Trump wrote in his book The art of theDeal "Ronald Reagan is another example. He is so smooth and so effective a performer that he completely won over the American people. Only now, nearly seven years later, are people beginning to question whether there’s anything beneath that smile." In the same year he spent nearly $100,000 to place a full-page advertisement criticizing his foreign policy in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Boston Globe.

Politically he has gone from being a Republican to an Independent, to a Democrat and now back to being a Republican. During his Democrat phase he contributed heavily to Hillary Clinton's campaigns in 2002, 2005, 2006, and 2007 (calling her a fantastic Senator and in 2007 told CNN's Wolf Blitzer she would "do a good job" negotiating with Iran) and the Clinton Foundation. Now he suddenly says that “Hillary Clinton ‎was the worst Secretary of State in the history of the United States.”

In 2009 Trump said that Obama was “a strong guy who knows what he wants,” a person with “the mark of a strong leader,” and “totally a champion.” He even bestowed the greatest Trumpian honor upon Obama, saying, “I would hire him.” He also donated money to Rahm Emanuel and Harry Reid and, in the 2004 and 2006 elections he and his son donated $117,700 to Democrats and $41,500 to Republicans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think you're giving him far more credit than he deserves, Jim.

ALL we have heard about this is from one-sided investigations. We're about to hear more.
                            The "insurrection" was over in hours, the only direct death was an unarmed woman shot by a nervous cop.
                            In order to make it far worse, the left had to outright LIE about a capitol police officer being "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher".
                            That lie continued long after it was shown to be false.
                            The Democrats have used this to raise hundreds of millions of dollars.

No, Jim, the reason stuff like this happens is because we are an amazingly divided nation, and there is way too much hostility on both sides.
                            There are people on the left who go absolutely nuts, fomenting hate, that keeps the fire burning.

That's exactly the message many Democrats use for fundraising to keep their own lying corrupt butts in power. It's ugly politics, Him. On both sides.
                            At some point you and others need to realize that it is your blind hatred of democrats and liberals that have enabled Trump to get as far as he has. Your hatred is his power. It makes his people excuse every law he has broken, every fubdamental principle of the republic his has violated, every principle of integrity he has abandoned. When it comes to Trump, the democrats are our friends. Conservatives have DeSantis and Pence among others to draw out and provide opposition to liberal policies. But the GOP, and conservatives across the nation, need to walk away from Trump and let his influence fade to nothing. He has been far more dangerous to the stability and future of this nation than any Democrat will ever be. And as long as people like yourself are blinded by your hatred of democrats to the greater danger he poses, he will continue to have his way.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the Republicans actually grow a spine and provide some of the information that was suppressed by crooked "investigators" who were still using the "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" lie to raise money.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dog whistles, eh?

You think he doesn't say "stupid stuff"? You think he is some sort of evil genius? He has the vocabulary of a 12 year old.

He likes to be important, he has a big ego. He wants to be president again because of that. He doesn't have much of a chance so you shouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment