Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Neo-Nazism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence. One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer.
    It does not make them a self-proclaimed believer. Why do you have difficulty understanding the basic meaning of the term? This seems like such a bizarre hill for you to die on.

Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your agenda.
    What agenda? Wanting people to use words properly?

Others clearly share my view:
    A flat earther could say "others agree with me." It's generally not much of an argument.

However, I also note that the person who you claim "clearly shares your view" doesn't give any quote from Kanye West having him refer to himself as a Nazi (at least in the portion you quoted), nor does it for that matter even say he is a self-proclaimed Nazi. So this person you claim "shares your view" does not appear to actually share your view he is a self-proclaimed Nazi.
    Last edited by Terraceth; 12-05-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      It does not make them a self-proclaimed believer. Why do you have difficulty understanding the basic meaning of the term? This seems like such a bizarre hill for you to die on.

A flat earther could say "others agree with me." It's generally not much of an argument.

However, I also note that the person who you claim "clearly shares your view" doesn't give any quote from Kanye West having him refer to himself as a Nazi (at least in the portion you quoted), nor does it for that matter even say he is a self-proclaimed Nazi. So this person you claim "shares your view" does not appear to actually share your view he is a self-proclaimed Nazi.
      No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence. One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer. Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your extreme right agenda that tries to justify and white wash Kanye and Nick's views.

Regardless of whether you put any name on it they are extreme Nazi views and beliefs.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I cited him sufficiently that he is indeed a Nazi. Simple a Neo-Nazi is post Hitler.
        No you claimed he was a self-proclaimed neo-nazi. Let's see your quote of him proclaiming such a thing.

Comment

No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence. One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer. Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your agenda.

Others clearly share my view:

Source: https://medium.com/@matthewdavisanderson/kanye-west-is-a-nazi-c08fe885b5e3

“I like Hitler,” said Kanye West to Alex Jones.

I could never have imagined writing that sentence even 2 years ago, yet here we are. One of the most celebrated musical artists of the last 20 years, now a vile shadow of his former self: a public Nazi apologist, and a beacon of untreated mental illness and fame gone mad. That Kanye West could find himself so smitten with Nazism in America in 2022 is clear evidence of fascist ideology injecting itself into our culture, our discourse, the fascinations and aspirations of fascism becoming that of our celebrities.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It is important for us to say that, clearly and out loud. The discourse around the word “Nazi” has become very muddled in recent years. Many on the political right sick of hearing the comparison used so frivolously, and those on the left sick of having to shout a constant, unheeded alarm about them. Yet, we must remember, all it takes to be a Nazi, is to publicly avow your fondness, your admiration, to defend their thoughts and their actions. That is the crossing of the line. It must be. To have anything less than utter condemnation for the Nazis makes you a sympathizer, and to have open fondness for them, makes you one. And make no mistake: Nazis have been working and collaborating with one another, advancing a political agenda, and pursuing acts of violence and murder ever since the end of World War II.

. . .

You could, however, quite easily argue that if the goal of modern Nazism is to influence the public, to persuade them that White Supremacism is a natural and sensible belief — they’re losing. At best, they’ve gained exposure, more people hearing their words. At worst, they look like what they truly are to an even wider audience: clowns. Not to be taken seriously. Laughed off. I can’t blame anyone for mostly rolling their eyes and waving off the silly young white boys who think they’re so great. But you would be wrong to dismiss them. People like Nick Fuentes seem small and absurd, but people like him have devoted audiences of thousands who dissect and internalize the words and the beliefs of those people. And those people, who listen to Kanye and Nick Fuentes and the other infectious creatures like them, will inch closer and closer to the belief that people of color, queer people, and women are not human. That, is the danger. It is that belief that sets bombs and pulls triggers.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It cannot be said enough. He should have fingers pointed in his face while he is shouted down to silence. There is no sympathy with Nazis that is not a sympathy for the murder of Jewish people. There is no disconnecting a fondness for Nazis and their vile hatred for people of color and queer people. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the advocacy for the murder of minorities. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the belief that they deserve to die. You cannot both “like” Hitler and be against the Holocaust. To endorse the man is to endorse his deeds. To embrace the man is to happily embrace and cherish the deaths of millions. Kanye West is a Nazi, and I wish he could feel shame.

They may be doing it sloppily, but Nazis and White Supremacists are in Kanye’s ear, and they hope to use him to spread their message. To gain more power. To influence more, and higher profile people. They may not really reach that many people in the end, but they could reach a handful. They could reach one. Dylan Roof was one. And now nine human beings are dead because he believed they weren’t. I don’t want Nazis to reach anyone. I don’t want their beliefs to become our celebrities’ beliefs to become their follower’s beliefs. Because belief, always leads to action.

Kanye West is now a Nazi, and he should be utterly condemned. Cast out of public life entirely. Confronted. Removed. Ignored. For that is what a Nazi deserves. For Kanye to resurrect any part of Hitler, to attempt to polish his image, or apologize for his actions, is a full embrace of the ideology and even the Final Solution. Therefore, he has lost his place among us. His opinions deserve only scorn, his ideas deserve only ridicule. We must always reject what leads us toward genocide, toward inhumanity, toward hate. So we must reject all attempts to redecorate the gates of Auschwitz, to pretend they “had some good ideas,” and thinking for even a moment that fascism would do anything other than murder our brothers and sisters. We must confront and reject every snake of Nazism wherever they raise their foul and ugly heads.

© Copyright Original Source

See also: https://www.timesofisrael.com/doubli...ged-interview/

Also, he openly displayed the swastika the symbol of Nazism.

Posting something that repeats "Kanye West is a Nazi" is not evidence for your claim that he is a self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi. Nor does it support your same claim about Fuentes.

So let's see the quotes of them proclaiming they are Nazis (I won't even be a stickler and require the term Neo-Nazis)

Comment

Sources provided. You are still in denial based on an outrageous agenda.
            No you provided no sources where Kanye or Fuentes said they are a Nazi or a neonazi. Zero.

Comment

A duck does not need to 'quack!' to be called a duck.

References provided.
              Certainly. But your claim was not thay they are Nazis, but thay they are "self-proclaimed" Nazis. Which by definition men's they have stated their Nazism clearly. So let's see the quotes.

Hint: saying sayinge Hitler" does not make one a Nazi let alone make one a self-professed Nazi. Just as saying "I like Jesus does not make one a Christian let alone a self-professed Christian
              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 12-05-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

In some defence of Ye, as to not dead name him, I love Hitler because 1) the Autobahn inspired the Interstate and Defence Highway system and 2) he killed Hitler.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence.
                  No, you haven't. Conclusive evidence of someone being a self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi would be them explicitly saying "I am a Neo-Nazi", "I identify as a Neo-Nazi", or something like that. You have offered zero such quotes.

One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer.
                  Accepting for the sake of argument that Kanye West has done that and is therefore a Nazi/Neo-Nazi, he hasn't described himself as a Nazi or Neo-Nazi, which is required to be a self-proclaimed one.

Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your extreme right agenda
                  Since you apparently know my politics better than I do, can you please clarify what this "extreme right agenda" I am attempting to justify with my simple request that you show that people you claim are "self-proclaimed Neo-Nazis" have in fact, referred to themselves as Neo-Nazis, as the term self-proclaimed requires?

that tries to justify and white wash Kanye and Nick's views.
                  In what way have I attempted to justify any of their views? All I've done is ask you to back up your assertion that they were self-proclaimed Neo-Nazis. Something you have been unable to do.

Regardless of whether you put any name on it they are extreme Nazi views and beliefs.
                  Again, even accepting for the sake of argument they are Nazis, that does not make them self-proclaimed Nazis.

Comment

I think either shuny doesn't have any idea what "self-proclaimed" means, or he's just too stubborn to admit he screwed up.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Posting something that repeats "Kanye West is a Nazi" is not evidence for your claim that he is a self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi. Nor does it support your same claim about Fuentes.

So let's see the quotes of them proclaiming they are Nazis (I won't even be a stickler and require the term Neo-Nazis)
                      Cat got your tongue, shunyadragon ?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post

If Christian cites beliefs of Christianity that one believes in and displays or wears a cross the Christian need not say 'he or she' to be considered a Christian.

If a Nazi cites the beliefs of Nazism that one believes in and displays or wears a Swastika the Nazi need not say ;he or she' is a Nazi.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

If Christian cites beliefs of Christianity that one believes in and displays or wears a cross the Christian need not say 'he or she' to be considered a Christian.

If a Nazi cites the beliefs of Nazism that one believes in and displays or wears a Swastika the Nazi need not say ;he or she' is a Nazi.
                          We're waiting for your quotes of both men self professing as Nazis.

Comment

We're waiting for your quotes of both men self professing as Nazis.
                            Failure to respond based on an extreme right wing agenda.

Still waiting for you to provide a coherent response.

Did Kanya West endorse extreme Nazi beliefs and display the Swastika?

Frank

Comment

Failure to respond based on an extreme right wing agenda.

Still waiting for you to provide a coherent response.

So you can't display the quotes? How impotent.

Comment

So you can't display the quotes? How impotent.
                                You cannot coherently respond to posts. How impotent!

If a person declares to believe in the tenants of Christianity and displays aor wears a cross. Is that person is a Christian?

Frank

Comment