Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Neo-Nazism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I started the thread concerning people entertained by Trump at Maro-Largo who consider themselves Nazis, self proclaimed admirers of Hitler, anti-semites, White Racist, and Holocaust deniers as documented by references.
    You did, yes. And then in the last sentence of that same thread starting post, you opened it up to us and asked who else in today's political world would be considered Neo-Nazis. And now you're angry that you didn't get the responses you wanted

Comment

It is not on my topic of the thread, but on your agenda as you broadly apply ableism.
      If it's not on your topic of the thread, then why did you include a definition that contained ableism in the starting post of the thread?

Comment

Nobody gets a pass and I specifically agreed with that. What they believe is a problem, but the elephant in the room remains Trump inviting them to Maro-Largo, pleading fanned unbelievable ignorance concerning Nick. Also cited were references concerning the close association of Kanye and Nick with the Republican Party, which in part explains Trump's casual accepting behavior inviting Kanye to dinner.

'Could care less' is a serious indifference to the problem of a notable Neo-Nazi and White Racist figures with close association to the Republican Party. Intentional ignorance is a problem here.
        IS he notable? I'd never heard of him until this kerfuffle. Doesn't sound very notable to me.

Comment

You are not only way OFF TOPIC avoiding the subject of the thread,
          I was responding to a post on the topic of Margaret Sanger. If that was off topic, then why are you not directing your anger towards the poster of that post? I was only responding to it.

but asserting fals accusations based on a biased agenda.
          What false accusations and what biased agenda was there in my post?

Rogue06 gave a more accurate picture in post #33
          His post was in full agreement with my own, so I'm completely baffled that you would praise his but admonish mine.

Comment

Kanye West advocated Nazism, antisemitism numerous times, particularly in his stated 'love' of Hitler.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-hitler-comments-full-nazis-alex-jones-transcript-1764113

Kanye West has doubled down on his antisemitic comments in October and November, by voicing his "love" of Adolf Hitler and denying that the Holocaust happened.

West, who now goes by Ye, made his latest comments on Thursday during Alex Jones' InfoWars podcast, where even the host, an alt-right political figure, pushed back against the rapper's statements.

Many public figures have spoken out against Ye's remarks, while the Republican Jewish Coalition has said "enough is enough." It called the show, which also featured white supremacist Nick Fuentes, a "horrific cesspool of dangerous, bigoted Jew hatred."

West: I like Hitler.

Jones: I don't like Hitler. I know you're trying to be shocking with that.

West: I'm not trying to be shocking. I like Hitler. I do not... the Holocaust is not what happened. Let's look at the facts of that. Hitler has a lot of redeeming qualities

This is West's first insistence that the Holocaust is "not what happened." His new acquaintance Fuentes is a known Holocaust denier.

Jones: Can we just kind of say, like, you liked the uniforms, but that's about it?

West: No. There's a lot of things that I love about Hitler. A lot of things. Hey, Netin, what did you think about that Netin? 'This is insane. You're insane person.'

West elongates his speech when he says there are things he "loves" about Hitler. He makes his voice higher again as he impersonates Netanyahu as his net.

© Copyright Original Source

Actually just plain Nazism is a better matter of fact wording of what Kanye West believes.. Neo-Nazism is simply a descriptive term of Nazism beliefs after WWII.
            Again, you put forward the claim he was a self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi. To be a self-proclaimed anything, you have to actually say you are that. Someone might be a Neo-Nazi, but they aren't self-proclaimed until such time as they say they are. The conversation you post as support does not have Kanye West (or for that matter Nick Fuentes, the other person you claimed was a "self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi") say he was a neo-Nazi. Therefore you have not given any evidence that he is a self-proclaimed Neo Nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              Again, you put forward the claim he was a self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi. To be a self-proclaimed anything, you have to actually say you are that. Someone might be a Neo-Nazi, but they aren't self-proclaimed until such time as they say they are. The conversation you post as support does not have Kanye West (or for that matter Nick Fuentes, the other person you claimed was a "self-proclaimed Neo-Nazi") say he was a neo-Nazi. Therefore you have not given any evidence that he is a self-proclaimed Neo Nazi.
              I cited him sufficiently that he is indeed a Nazi. Simple a Neo-Nazi is post Hitler.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I cited him sufficiently that he is indeed a Nazi. Simple a Neo-Nazi is post Hitler.
                You're avoiding the point--which is interesting considering how much you complain about other people avoiding your points. You said Kanye West and Nick Fuentes were self-proclaimed Neo-Nazis. I asked for proof of that. After all, a critical part of the definition of 'self-proclaimed' is that someone describes themselves as such. You have not offered any evidence for this claim of yours. Are you planning to retract it?

Heck, I didn't even need to offer the above response--the message you were replying to makes that exact point, which you completely ignored in your response:
                I'll repeat it one more time just to make sure the point is not missed: Anyone who is a self-proclaimed Neo Nazi is someone who refers to themselves as such. Offer evidence Kanye West and Nick Fuentes ever referred to themselves as Neo-Nazis, as is required by the definition of "self-proclaimed".

Comment

You're avoiding the point--which is interesting considering how much you complain about other people avoiding your points. You said Kanye West and Nick Fuentes were self-proclaimed Neo-Nazis. I asked for proof of that. After all, a critical part of the definition of 'self-proclaimed' is that someone describes themselves as such. You have not offered any evidence for this claim of yours. Are you planning to retract it?

Heck, I didn't even need to offer the above response--the message you were replying to makes that exact point, which you completely ignored in your response:

I'll repeat it one more time just to make sure the point is not missed: Anyone who is a self-proclaimed Neo Nazi is someone who refers to themselves as such. Offer evidence Kanye West and Nick Fuentes ever referred to themselves as Neo-Nazis, as is required by the definition of "self-proclaimed".
                  No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence. One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer. Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your agenda.

Others clearly share my view:

Source: https://medium.com/@matthewdavisanderson/kanye-west-is-a-nazi-c08fe885b5e3

“I like Hitler,” said Kanye West to Alex Jones.

I could never have imagined writing that sentence even 2 years ago, yet here we are. One of the most celebrated musical artists of the last 20 years, now a vile shadow of his former self: a public Nazi apologist, and a beacon of untreated mental illness and fame gone mad. That Kanye West could find himself so smitten with Nazism in America in 2022 is clear evidence of fascist ideology injecting itself into our culture, our discourse, the fascinations and aspirations of fascism becoming that of our celebrities.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It is important for us to say that, clearly and out loud. The discourse around the word “Nazi” has become very muddled in recent years. Many on the political right sick of hearing the comparison used so frivolously, and those on the left sick of having to shout a constant, unheeded alarm about them. Yet, we must remember, all it takes to be a Nazi, is to publicly avow your fondness, your admiration, to defend their thoughts and their actions. That is the crossing of the line. It must be. To have anything less than utter condemnation for the Nazis makes you a sympathizer, and to have open fondness for them, makes you one. And make no mistake: Nazis have been working and collaborating with one another, advancing a political agenda, and pursuing acts of violence and murder ever since the end of World War II.

. . .

You could, however, quite easily argue that if the goal of modern Nazism is to influence the public, to persuade them that White Supremacism is a natural and sensible belief — they’re losing. At best, they’ve gained exposure, more people hearing their words. At worst, they look like what they truly are to an even wider audience: clowns. Not to be taken seriously. Laughed off. I can’t blame anyone for mostly rolling their eyes and waving off the silly young white boys who think they’re so great. But you would be wrong to dismiss them. People like Nick Fuentes seem small and absurd, but people like him have devoted audiences of thousands who dissect and internalize the words and the beliefs of those people. And those people, who listen to Kanye and Nick Fuentes and the other infectious creatures like them, will inch closer and closer to the belief that people of color, queer people, and women are not human. That, is the danger. It is that belief that sets bombs and pulls triggers.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It cannot be said enough. He should have fingers pointed in his face while he is shouted down to silence. There is no sympathy with Nazis that is not a sympathy for the murder of Jewish people. There is no disconnecting a fondness for Nazis and their vile hatred for people of color and queer people. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the advocacy for the murder of minorities. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the belief that they deserve to die. You cannot both “like” Hitler and be against the Holocaust. To endorse the man is to endorse his deeds. To embrace the man is to happily embrace and cherish the deaths of millions. Kanye West is a Nazi, and I wish he could feel shame.

They may be doing it sloppily, but Nazis and White Supremacists are in Kanye’s ear, and they hope to use him to spread their message. To gain more power. To influence more, and higher profile people. They may not really reach that many people in the end, but they could reach a handful. They could reach one. Dylan Roof was one. And now nine human beings are dead because he believed they weren’t. I don’t want Nazis to reach anyone. I don’t want their beliefs to become our celebrities’ beliefs to become their follower’s beliefs. Because belief, always leads to action.

Kanye West is now a Nazi, and he should be utterly condemned. Cast out of public life entirely. Confronted. Removed. Ignored. For that is what a Nazi deserves. For Kanye to resurrect any part of Hitler, to attempt to polish his image, or apologize for his actions, is a full embrace of the ideology and even the Final Solution. Therefore, he has lost his place among us. His opinions deserve only scorn, his ideas deserve only ridicule. We must always reject what leads us toward genocide, toward inhumanity, toward hate. So we must reject all attempts to redecorate the gates of Auschwitz, to pretend they “had some good ideas,” and thinking for even a moment that fascism would do anything other than murder our brothers and sisters. We must confront and reject every snake of Nazism wherever they raise their foul and ugly heads.

See also: https://www.timesofisrael.com/doubli...ged-interview/

Also, he openly displayed the swastika the symbol of Nazism.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-05-2022, 07:14 AM.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

No avoiding any point. I offered conclusive specific evidence. One who proclaims the essential attributes of a belief is a believer. Your trying to split frog hairs in objections to justify your agenda.

Others clearly share my view:

Source: https://medium.com/@matthewdavisanderson/kanye-west-is-a-nazi-c08fe885b5e3

“I like Hitler,” said Kanye West to Alex Jones.

I could never have imagined writing that sentence even 2 years ago, yet here we are. One of the most celebrated musical artists of the last 20 years, now a vile shadow of his former self: a public Nazi apologist, and a beacon of untreated mental illness and fame gone mad. That Kanye West could find himself so smitten with Nazism in America in 2022 is clear evidence of fascist ideology injecting itself into our culture, our discourse, the fascinations and aspirations of fascism becoming that of our celebrities.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It is important for us to say that, clearly and out loud. The discourse around the word “Nazi” has become very muddled in recent years. Many on the political right sick of hearing the comparison used so frivolously, and those on the left sick of having to shout a constant, unheeded alarm about them. Yet, we must remember, all it takes to be a Nazi, is to publicly avow your fondness, your admiration, to defend their thoughts and their actions. That is the crossing of the line. It must be. To have anything less than utter condemnation for the Nazis makes you a sympathizer, and to have open fondness for them, makes you one. And make no mistake: Nazis have been working and collaborating with one another, advancing a political agenda, and pursuing acts of violence and murder ever since the end of World War II.

. . .

You could, however, quite easily argue that if the goal of modern Nazism is to influence the public, to persuade them that White Supremacism is a natural and sensible belief — they’re losing. At best, they’ve gained exposure, more people hearing their words. At worst, they look like what they truly are to an even wider audience: clowns. Not to be taken seriously. Laughed off. I can’t blame anyone for mostly rolling their eyes and waving off the silly young white boys who think they’re so great. But you would be wrong to dismiss them. People like Nick Fuentes seem small and absurd, but people like him have devoted audiences of thousands who dissect and internalize the words and the beliefs of those people. And those people, who listen to Kanye and Nick Fuentes and the other infectious creatures like them, will inch closer and closer to the belief that people of color, queer people, and women are not human. That, is the danger. It is that belief that sets bombs and pulls triggers.

Kanye West is a Nazi.

It cannot be said enough. He should have fingers pointed in his face while he is shouted down to silence. There is no sympathy with Nazis that is not a sympathy for the murder of Jewish people. There is no disconnecting a fondness for Nazis and their vile hatred for people of color and queer people. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the advocacy for the murder of minorities. Inherent to being a Nazi, is the belief that they deserve to die. You cannot both “like” Hitler and be against the Holocaust. To endorse the man is to endorse his deeds. To embrace the man is to happily embrace and cherish the deaths of millions. Kanye West is a Nazi, and I wish he could feel shame.

They may be doing it sloppily, but Nazis and White Supremacists are in Kanye’s ear, and they hope to use him to spread their message. To gain more power. To influence more, and higher profile people. They may not really reach that many people in the end, but they could reach a handful. They could reach one. Dylan Roof was one. And now nine human beings are dead because he believed they weren’t. I don’t want Nazis to reach anyone. I don’t want their beliefs to become our celebrities’ beliefs to become their follower’s beliefs. Because belief, always leads to action.

Kanye West is now a Nazi, and he should be utterly condemned. Cast out of public life entirely. Confronted. Removed. Ignored. For that is what a Nazi deserves. For Kanye to resurrect any part of Hitler, to attempt to polish his image, or apologize for his actions, is a full embrace of the ideology and even the Final Solution. Therefore, he has lost his place among us. His opinions deserve only scorn, his ideas deserve only ridicule. We must always reject what leads us toward genocide, toward inhumanity, toward hate. So we must reject all attempts to redecorate the gates of Auschwitz, to pretend they “had some good ideas,” and thinking for even a moment that fascism would do anything other than murder our brothers and sisters. We must confront and reject every snake of Nazism wherever they raise their foul and ugly heads.

See also: https://www.timesofisrael.com/doubli...ged-interview/

Also, he openly displayed the swastika the symbol of Nazism.
                    You just can't admit you were wrong. Unless you can find a source, there is no evidence Kanye West is a "self-professed" Neo-Nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Sparko, is this you in your cowboy phase?
                      I deny this slander! He doesn't even have an eye patch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You just can't admit you were wrong. Unless you can find a source, there is no evidence Kanye West is a "self-professed" Neo-Nazi.
                        Sources provided. You are still in denial based on an outrageous agenda.

Frank

Comment

Sources provided. You are still in denial based on an outrageous agenda.
                          OK, then where is his quote? Where does West say "I am a Nazi" or "I am a Neo-Nazi"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

OK, then where is his quote? Where does West say "I am a Nazi" or "I am a Neo-Nazi"?
                            A duck does not need to 'quack!' to be called a duck.

References provided.

Frank

Comment

References provided.
                              Fine. Then it is YOU calling him a Nazi. Not himself.

Comment

References provided.
                                To be a self proclaimed duck they do need to say "I am a duck."

Comment