Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Neo-Nazism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    This sentence gets thrown around a bunch, but the problem is that in the context of the letter itself it doesn't really prove much. Is she saying that because she was trying to exterminate the Negro population and didn't want people to find out, or was she saying that they didn't want people to wrongly believe that was the goal due to misunderstandings? The letter itself doesn't offer any real context to which to judge it. Given that the letter says nothing else about actually trying to exterminate them, and I haven't seen real evidence elsewhere that was her plan, I think the latter interpretation--she was trying to prevent misunderstandings--was more plausible.

She was definitely into eugenics, no doubt (in fairness, so were a lot of people then, in both liberal and conservative circles). But I haven't seen clear evidence that it was racially based. The fact people have to turn to such an ambiguous quote for proof is just an indication of how weak the proof for that claim must be.
    In the letter, she speaks of the need to train a black doctor to act similar to a white doctor to prevent the population from getting closer to the black doctor and being less upfront about their "ignorance, superstitions and doubts." She states doing so "will have far-reaching results among the colored people." Which has historically played out to disproportional abortion rates and even overall percentages among the black population. The individual she's writing to (Clarence Gamble of Proctor and Gamble fortune) went on to found the Human Betterment League in NC in 1947. I would concede that Sanger's work that I have seen was largely just regular communistic Malthusian eugenics. Admitting to want to train a black doctor to make further inroads into the black community is suspicious.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

NO!
      You cited Wikipedia, that's your problem.

Edit: We all know you started this thread to call people Neo-Nazis. You're just mad I can play the definition game.
      Last edited by Diogenes; 12-04-2022, 11:36 AM.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Not a problem what so ever. The definition is accurate and Kanye West and Nick Fauie are as documented Neo-Nazis. By broadly over extending the concept of ableism you selectively failed to respond to the following problem of who may be classified as Neo-Nazis.

Reaching a conclusion beyond the definition.

I responded to all this in previous posts and no more on abortion until you respond to the following:

Not as Neo-Nazism is defined. It does not include specifically issues of abortion. If your logic is true therefore . . . By your logic and definition the history of Christianity and the Bible is Neo-Nazi. {Ableism as you are using it is too broad to be a subject of this thread.

Still failing to respond

Note: Christians throughout their European history commonly committed infanticide for various reasons including Downs syndrome.

Edit: We all know you started this thread to call people Neo-Nazis. You're just mad I can play the definition game.
        I started the thread concerning people entertained by Trump at Maro-Largo who consider themselves Nazis, self proclaimed admirers of Hitler, anti-semites, White Racist, and Holocaust deniers as documented by references.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-04-2022, 11:52 AM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

No, you play the Duck, Bob and Weasel role avoiding the subject topic and failing to respond to the Topic. Again . . .

Reaching a conclusion beyond the definition.

I responded to all this in previous posts and no more on abortion until you respond to the following:

Not as Neo-Nazism is defined. It does not include specifically issues of abortion. If your logic is true therefore . . . By your logic and definition the history of Christianity and the Bible is Neo-Nazi. {Ableism as you are using it is too broad to be a subject of this thread.

Still failing to respond

Note: Christians throughout their European history commonly committed infanticide for various reasons including Downs syndrome.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Not a problem what so ever. The definition is accurate and Kanye West and Nick Fauie are as documented Neo-Nazis. By broadly over extending the concept of ableism you selectively failed to respond to the following problem of who may be classified as Neo-Nazis.

You're link includes "ableism" (and the Wiki page is linked) in the description of Neo-Nazism. I quoted the Wiki page for ableism, which even includes a section for Nazi Germany, including Aktion T4 program which was the precursor tot he Holocaust.

I started the thread concerning people entertained by Trump at Maro-Largo who consider themselves Nazis, anti-self proclaimed admirers of Hitler, anti-semites, White Racist, and Holocaust deniers as documented by references.
            The OP does not limit Neo-Nazism to those individuals.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

You're link includes "ableism" (and the Wiki page is linked) in the description of Neo-Nazism. I quoted the Wiki page for ableism, which even includes a section for Nazi Germany, including Aktion T4 program which was the precursor tot he Holocaust.

The OP does not limit Neo-Nazism to those individuals.
              As the thread is presented, yes it does limit it specifically. When you choose to broaden the consideration of ableism beyond the intent of the thread you in turn refuse to respond to the broader consideration which include the Christian history of Ableism.

Still failing to respond

We all know you started this thread to call people Neo-Nazis. You're just mad I can play the definition game.
              I started the thread concerning people entertained by Trump at Maro-Largo who consider themselves Nazis, self proclaimed admirers of Hitler, anti-semites, White Racist, and Holocaust deniers as documented by references.
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-04-2022, 12:07 PM.

Frank

Comment

Much of this true except for your conclusion. In terms of Kanye West and Nick Fuentes it is not a matter of being 'suspected of harboring racist views.'

Black racism is as much a problem as white and Hispanic racism. Our country is waist deep in racism from coast to coast. This is far to often minimized and white washed as described in post #

Thank you for staying on topic
                I'm not sugar coating Kanye, the man's an idiot. (I never heard of the other guy until this dinner, so I could care less).

What I'm pointing out that the outrage against Kanye's anti-semitism only seems to be there due to his sudden shift to conservatism. Black Anti-semitism has been something for a while. And pretty much all of it gets largely overlooked. I'd say that Kanye said the silent part out loud, but others (Al Sharpton, Jessee Jackson, Rev. Wright, etc) have been saying it out loud for years, but since they are supporting the D, they get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm not sugar coating Kanye, the man's an idiot. (I never heard of the other guy until this dinner, so I could care less).

What I'm pointing out that the outrage against Kanye's anti-semitism only seems to be there due to his sudden shift to conservatism. Black Anti-semitism has been something for a while. And pretty much all of it gets largely overlooked. I'd say that Kanye said the silent part out loud, but others (Al Sharpton, Jessee Jackson, Rev. Wright, etc) have been saying it out loud for years, but since they are supporting the D, they get a pass.
                  Nobody gets a pass and I specifically agreed with that. What they believe is a problem, but the elephant in the room remains Trump inviting them to Maro-Largo, pleading fanned unbelievable ignorance concerning Nick. Also cited were references concerning the close association of Kanye and Nick with the Republican Party, which in part explains Trump's casual accepting behavior inviting Kanye to dinner.

'Could care less' is a serious indifference to the problem of a notable Neo-Nazi and White Racist figures with close association to the Republican Party. Intentional ignorance is a problem here.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-04-2022, 12:28 PM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I find it hilarious how anybody who challenges the premise behind one of your threads is immediately declared by you to be "off topic".
                    The upfront problem is staying on topic, and NOT pigeonholing people.

Bad example. Staying on topic is the up front issue.

Avoid the invitation of labels by staying on topic.

The premise of my topic is clear and specific and does not involve Obama. Please start your thread and I will respond on topic.

Frank

Comment

As the thread is presented, yes it does limit it specifically. When you choose to broaden the consideration of ableism beyond the intent of the thread you in turn refuse to respond to the broader consideration which include the Christian history of Ableism.

Who else in today's political world would be considered Neo-Nazis?

Christianity's past is immaterial to the thread. Your definition of Neo-Nazism included ableism, ergo ableism in the current day is not off topic per your own words.

You explicably opened the door.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Perhaps we should stop trying to label each other and start debating ideas instead.
                        I'm all for that MM. Glad to see I'm not the only one
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The upfront problem is staying on topic, and NOT pigeonholing people.

Bad example. Staying on topic is the up front issue.

Avoid the invitation of labels by staying on topic.

The premise of my topic is clear and specific and does not involve Obama. Please start your thread and I will respond on topic.
                          I never mentioned Obama.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Christianity's past is immaterial to the thread. Your definition of Neo-Nazism included ableism, ergo ableism in the current day is not off topic per your own words.
                            It is not on my topic of the thread, but on your agenda as you broadly apply ableism.

Still failing to respond

You explicably opened the door.
                            No, I closed my door as specifically defining my thread, but you opened your cattle gate and failed to close it.

Frank

Comment

It is not on my topic of the thread,
                              So your definition is not a topic of the thread?

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The name calling using Neo-Nazism is thrown around aa accusations like nigh school food fights.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism

Neo-Nazism comprises the post–World War II militant, social, and political movements that seek to revive and reinstate Nazi ideology. Neo-Nazis employ their ideology to promote hatred and racial supremacy (often white supremacy), attack racial and ethnic minorities (often antisemitism and Islamophobia), and in some cases to create a fascist state.[1][2]

Neo-Nazism is a global phenomenon, with organized representation in many countries and international networks. It borrows elements from Nazi doctrine, including antisemitism, ultranationalism, racism, xenophobia, ableism, homophobia, anti-communism, and creating a "Fourth Reich". Holocaust denial is common in neo-Nazi circles.

Neo-Nazis regularly display Nazi symbols and express admiration for Adolf Hitler and other Nazi leaders. In some European and Latin American countries, laws prohibit the expression of pro-Nazi, racist, anti-semitic, or homophobic views. Many Nazi-related symbols are banned in European countries (especially Germany) in an effort to curtail neo-Nazism.

© Copyright Original Source

In the present Kanye West and Nick Fuentes are self proclaimed Neo-Nazis.
                                Oh? You have quotes where they proclaimed they are Neo-Nazis?

Who else in today's political world would be considered Neo-Nazis?
                                As others have noted, Planned Parenthood and their ilk would be considered Neo-Nazis with their ableism. I've run into a LOT of pro-choicers who proudly say they'd abort a baby with Down's Syndrome. And as we saw recently in the UK, a woman with Down's Syndrome lost a case against a provision that allows abortion of Down's babies well beyond the normal limits in the country, so clearly the ableism is quite strong in the movement.

Comment