Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

11th Circuit Vacates Cannon’s Order to Appoint a Special Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Let's just put it this:

Trump doesn't always pick the best people despite his claims.
    I see, and he just so happened to pick two corrupt judges who just so happened to be randomly picked for the panel that just so happened to hear an appeal for the case. Uh-huh.

I'll await your actual evidence of the history of corruption of the judges, because that's quite a large and outrageous claim and assertion and requires a LOT of evidence to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I see, and he just so happened to pick two corrupt judges who just so happened to be randomly picked for the panel that just so happened to hear an appeal for the case. Uh-huh.

I'll await your actual evidence of the history of corruption of the judges, because that's quite a large and outrageous claim and assertion and requires a LOT of evidence to back it up.
      We have judges declaring that the FBI and DOJ do not have to be held accountable under the law. That sounds like judicial corruption to me, but I'll bite: how would you describe it?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

We have judges declaring that the FBI and DOJ do not have to be held accountable under the law. That sounds like judicial corruption to me, but I'll bite: how would you describe it?
        So, you have no evidence to support your claim other than them deciding something you didn't like because they didn't side with your cult leader's poor legal argument. Got it.

Come back when you have actual evidence of the supposed judicial corruption of the judges. That means actual, actionable, observable evidence of corruption. Not 'waaaaaaah, I wet my nappy because they didn't make the decision I wanted'.

Comment

So, you have no evidence to support your claim other than them deciding something you didn't like because they didn't side with your cult leader's poor legal argument. Got it.

Come back when you have actual evidence of the supposed judicial corruption of the judges. That means actual, actionable, observable evidence of corruption. Not 'waaaaaaah, I wet my nappy because they didn't make the decision I wanted'.
          From your response, I take it as a given that you believe the DOJ and FBI are above the law and should not be compelled by the judicial branch to operate within the limits prescribed by the Constitution, specifically the Fourth Amendment.

Comment

From your response, I take it as a given that you believe the DOJ and FBI are above the law and should not be compelled by the judicial branch to operate within the limits prescribed by the Constitution, specifically the Fourth Amendment.
            From your response, I take it as a given that you are utterly incapable of providing the evidence you were requested to provide because you have none.

Comment

I'm not confused, and I have no idea who Andrew Torrez is. Did he explain why the DOJ is not being forced to turn over a non-redacted search warrant, affidavit, and full declaration of exactly what was stolen seized by FBI agents during the raid? What guarantees do we have that the DOJ and FBI did not violate the Constitution and the Fourth Amendment when they are shielded by judicial corruption from having to show their work?
              Everything the DoJ has done is by the book. It is because they have acted correctly at every step that the conservative panel of 11th circuit judges had no difficulty in giving them the decision they asked for.

OA655 covers the latest developments at 31 and 45mins.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000588446040

Trump’s lawyers and Aileen Cannon have never known what they were doing. Sources on that side of the fence will only give you garbage explanations of what has happened.
              Last edited by firstfloor; 12-04-2022, 04:03 PM.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Judge My Cousin Vinny Napolitano predicted this. His explanation was that the Trump team's request was "too little, too late." If they really believed they had legitimate concerns, they should have been more on the ball.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

From your response, I take it as a given that you are utterly incapable of providing the evidence you were requested to provide because you have none.
                  The evidence is that Trump's attorneys have not been given access to unredacted copies of the search warrant, the underlying affidavit, and a full copy of everything that was taken with the DOJ arguing that they shouldn't have to provide this information (in a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment) with the courts apparently agreeing.

So basically, a judge says, "If the affidavit and search warrant are legally sound, then everything collected during the raid is fair game." Trump's legal team says, "We would like full copies of all the relevant documents so that we can test if they are legally sound." And they have so far been repeatedly denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtfloor View Post

Everything the DoJ has done is by the book. It is because they have acted correctly at every step that the conservative panel of 11th circuit judges had no difficulty in giving them the decision they asked for.

OA655 covers the latest developments at 31 and 45mins.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000588446040

Trump’s lawyers and Aileen Cannon have never known what they were doing. Sources on that side of the fence will only give you garbage explanations of what has happened.
                    By the "book", perhaps, but certainly not by the United States Constitution.

Comment

The evidence is that Trump's attorneys have not been given access to unredacted copies of the search warrant, the underlying affidavit, and a full copy of everything that was taken with the DOJ arguing that they shouldn't have to provide this information (in a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment) with the courts apparently agreeing.

So basically, a judge says, "If the affidavit and search warrant are legally sound, then everything collected during the raid is fair game." Trump's legal team says, "We would like full copies of all the relevant documents so that we can test if they are legally sound." And they have so far been repeatedly denied.
                      Still waiting for something other than 'Waaaah the judge made a decision that didn't agree with my cult leader', because that's all you've supplied at the moment.

(not to mention giving Trump an unredacted version is extremely questionable given how he leaked his unredacted copy of the search warrant and exposed agents names)

Comment

Still waiting for something other than 'Waaaah the judge made a decision that didn't agree with my cult leader', because that's all you've supplied at the moment.

(not to mention giving Trump an unredacted version is extremely questionable given how he leaked his unredacted copy of the search warrant and exposed agents names)
                        No, it is not "extremely questionable" to give a victim of a search and seizure the opportunity to defend himself, it's the law, and once again, we have you defending the actions of the FBI and DOJ in refusing to give full, unredacted documents to the defendant which suggests you believe they are literally above the law.

It's ironic that you are ordinarily hypercritical of law enforcement in every other case, but you have been quick lick their boots in this one.

Comment

This case is incredibly complicated.

Comment

But this isn't really a different case. It's the same case that SCOTUS kicked back down to lower courts already. They already showed they weren't interested in helping him get a special master in place.

I could see maybe Clarence Thomas humoring Trump, but then likely only because his wife is one of the Trump Cultist Faithful.
                            Kicking it back to the lower court means there was some issue that needed resolving and it was thought it best to resolve there. Otherwise, they would have refused to get involved at all and let it stand - but that wasn't what they did. If the lower court does not resolve it then the SCOTUS will typically step back in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Kicking it back to the lower court means there was some issue that needed resolving and it was thought it best to resolve there. Otherwise, they would have refused to get involved at all and let it stand - but that wasn't what they did. If the lower court does not resolve it then the SCOTUS will typically step back in.
                              It's amazing to me that you could be that ignorant of everything involving this case, and still think your prattling serves some purpose. All of the documents you need to read are posted in this thread. Maybe do that before you post here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

It's amazing to me that you could be that ignorant of everything involving this case, and still think your prattling serves some purpose. All of the documents you need to read are posted in this thread. Maybe do that before you post here again.
                                SCOTUS kicked it back to the lower court to resolve, yes or no?

If yes, then there was still something unresolved.

If there is something unresolved, that requires court action.

If that action wouldn't change anything the courts would not waste their time resolving them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment