Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump has dinner with Nick Fuentes and Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yep I missed that part.
    Yes, because you saw the Trump part, and you went REDZONE.
    This is exactly why people keep accusing you of having Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Unfortunately, it doest really matter,
    It does to me.

because in context you are - intent is irrelevant - mocking those criticizing Trump for having the dinner, and comparing those being critical with the hypocrisy of the Pharasees.
    No, Jim, I'm not at all - not even close. I was simply noting that it seemed a familiar accusation, but added the tag line so that no reasonable person would assume I was actually equating Trump with Jesus. Which is why I added....

(no doubt, some idiot will assume I'm equating Trump with Jesus, but we'll just that stupidity flow)

But, hey, we all do silly things now and again
    The fact that you would jump to the asinine conclusion that I would EVER associate Trump with Jesus is just mind blowing.

I will continue to deal with you with respect and courtesy, but this kind of thing is an example of how you really make that a challenge.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trump is like Jesus?

Are you really advocating that Trump - a political leader - eating and palling around with, sucking up to, neo-Nazis should be seen in the same light as Jesus - God in the flesh and savior of the world - eating with sinners in order to bring them the truth?
      Wow, he even warned you in the last line, and you still took the bait. Were you dropped (or dropkicked) on the head multiple times as an infant?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, because you saw the Trump part, and you went REDZONE.
        This is exactly why people keep accusing you of having Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It does to me.

No, Jim, I'm not at all - not even close. I was simply noting that it seemed a familiar accusation, but added the tag line so that no reasonable person would assume I was actually equating Trump with Jesus. Which is why I added....

(no doubt, some idiot will assume I'm equating Trump with Jesus, but we'll just that stupidity flow)

The fact that you would jump to the asinine conclusion that I would EVER associate Trump with Jesus is just mind blowing.

I will continue to deal with you with respect and courtesy, but this kind of thing is an example of how you really make that a challenge.
        This one of those times you need to trust my good will. I was not thinking you actually intended to equate Trump and Jesus. "Trump is jesus" is mocking what I assumed to be an unintended consequence of your post.

so, I'm not going to pursue this any further beyond repeating the fact that in using the reference one necessarily makes a correlation between Trump and his guests and Jesus and his dinner. You are focussing too much on the potential for being tagged as saying "Trump is Jesus" in the literal sense, and too little on the fact that making the correlation is itself a criticism of those that are critical of Trump for entertaining neo-Nazis.

And if it helps, my mind made the correlation as well on the initial reading of the article, but at the same time I was repulsed by its absurdity.

Again, try to trust that what you see comes from a point of goodwill, both in terms of who I think you are as a person, and in terms of what I was saying.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-03-2022, 06:23 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

This one of those times you need to trust my good will. I was not thinking you actually intended to equate Trump and Jesus. "Trump is jesus" is mocking what I assumed to be an unintended consequence of your post.

so, I'm not going to pursue this any further beyond repeating the fact that in using the reference one necessarily makes a correlation between Trump and his guests and Jesus and his dinner.
          Which is why I put the disclaimer right there in the post, Jim. Because of your rage, you couldn't even see that.

You are focussing too much on the potential for being tagged as saying "Trump is Jesus" in the literal sense, and too little on the fact that making the correlation is itself a criticism of those that are critical of Trump for entertaining neo-Nazis.
          You would do yourself a great service by just admitting you were wrong, and stop dancing around this.

And if it helps, my mind made the correlation as well on the initial reading of the article, but at the same time I was repulsed by its absurdity.
          What would really help, Jim, is if you just admitted you went REDZONE because of the mention of Trump, and seriously started working on that. It's really not healthy for you to have so much hatred like that.

Again, try to trust that what you see comes from a point of goodwill, both in terms of who I think you are as a person, and in terms of what I was saying.
          Trust is earned, Jim. I continue to interact with you as a friend, and you pretty much kick my faith in the teeth with your unfounded accusation.

I'll drop this, but it's an incredibly clear example of why you get accused of having TDS. You are a prisoner of Trump's. He has your heart and soul locked down tight.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is off topic and exaggerating the relationship of Obama and the persons in Question. Ignoring the subject of the thread and the close long relationship between Kanye West Trump AND the Republican Party.

Please start a thread on your complaints concerning Obama.
            I exaggerated nothing. It's a fact that Obama was close personal friends with a domestic terrorist, and that he attended a church pastored by an anti-American racist. But liberals told us at the time that it was none of our business, so why are Trump's dinner guests any different? You have yet to offer a coherent explanation.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I exaggerated nothing. It's a fact that Obama was close personal friends with a domestic terrorist, and that he attended a church pastored by an anti-American racist. But liberals told us at the time that it was none of our business, so why are Trump's dinner guests any different? You have yet to offer a coherent explanation.
              I answered your question and failed to respond to extreme beliefs of Nazism in history and today of those that believe in it. Yes you are clearly exaggerating the extreme between the two, and ignoring the extreme difference that White Supremacy, anti-semitism, and Nazism that has killed millions and lead to a World War. The fact is clear of the views of his guests.

Again when things get uncomfortable and difficult to accept you try and change the subject, and not address the subject.

As I said before start a thread, and not dodge the uncomfortable subject..
              Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-03-2022, 11:11 PM.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I understand that you are most certainly confused. That much is obvious.

Let me help; when were these things first brought up?
                Precisely what things?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

The same man who said in 2001 that "I don't regret setting bombs," and grousing that "I feel we didn't do enough."

Obama knew his close relationship with the unrepentant terrorist Ayers would be trouble which was why he first tried to brush it off by describing Ayers as nothing more than "a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago" when he was asked about him during a debate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Trust is earned, Jim. I continue to interact with you as a friend, and you pretty much kick my faith in the teeth with your unfounded accusation.

I only Poked at you as you routinely poke at me. Unfortunately that can't be a two way street. But I'm out for civility, so I'll accept the asymmetry in the interests of peace.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I only Poked at you as you routinely poke at me. Unfortunately that can't be a two way street. But I'm out for civility, so I'll accept the asymmetry in the interests of peace.
                      Wow, Jim..... your "poke" was absolutely uncalled for, and only happened because of your rage against Trump. You basically accused me of elevating Trump to Savior status, which you should know I would NEVER do.

I can have a discussion with you about Biden, whom I believe is the absolute worst President in US History, and be calm and rational and listen to your pushback. You don't have that same capacity when it comes to Trump. Biden does not control my life or thoughts.

Trump owns you, Jim, and you allow it. But I get it - I'll cut back on the friendly pokes.

Comment

I answered your question and failed to respond to extreme beliefs of Nazism in history and today of those that believe in it. Yes you are clearly exaggerating the extreme between the two, and ignoring the extreme difference that White Supremacy, anti-semitism, and Nazism that has killed millions and lead to a World War. The fact is clear of the views of his guests.

Again when things get uncomfortable and difficult to accept you try and change the subject, and not address the subject.

As I said before start a thread, and not dodge the uncomfortable subject..
                        Okay, so you really don't have an answer for why we should care about Trump's dinner guests but not about Obama's close friends and mentors being literal terrorists and anti-American racists.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Obama knew his close relationship with the unrepentant terrorist Ayers would be trouble
                          What evidence do you have that indicates these two men had a "close relationship"?

Furthermore Ayers and his wife ended up as respectable citizens as well as university lecturers.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          The things that you're liable
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life
                          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Okay, so you really don't have an answer for why we should care about Trump's dinner guests but not about Obama's close friends and mentors being literal terrorists and anti-American racists.
                            Answered that. The problem is you are avoiding the topic and do not care that Trump entertains guests at Maro-Largo that advocate Nazism, anti-semetism and White Supremacy. The most horrific beliefs in the history of humanity that resulted in the death of millions and a World War.

Start your own thread on the subject of Obama and avoid OFF TOPIC subjects in this thread.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Answered that. The problem is you are avoiding the topic and do not care that Trump entertains guests at Maro-Largo that advocate Nazism, anti-semetism and White Supremacy. The most horrific beliefs in the history of humanity that resulted in the death of millions and a World War.

Start your own thread on the subject of Obama and avoid OFF TOPIC subjects in this thread.
                              I care about Trump's dinner guests to the same extent that liberals cared about Obama's close friends and mentors being terrorists and racists, both of whom are associated with systems of beliefs that have led to the murder of countless people throughout history.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                                What evidence do you have that indicates these two men had a "close relationship"?

Furthermore Ayers and his wife ended up as respectable citizens as well as university lecturers.

To start, when Obama first ran for the Illinois state Senate his campaign was launched at a fundraiser and kickoff at a 1995 gathering at Ayer's house. That doesn't happen with a mere acquaintance.

Their relationship has been documented several times over the years, I suggest that you avail yourself to them. Here are just the first two that came up on a Google search:

David Remnick Revisits Obama and Bill Ayers

Obama and Bill Ayers: Together from the Beginning

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment