Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump has dinner with Nick Fuentes and Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump has dinner with Nick Fuentes and Kanye West

Source: https://www.npr.org/2022/11/29/1139742844/republicans-denounce-trump-dinner-white-supremacist-nick-fuentes

Republican leaders denounce Trump's dinner with white nationalist Nick Fuentes

November 29, 20224:26 PM ET
    DUSTIN JONES

House and Senate Republicans are speaking out against former President Donald Trump's dinner last week with Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, and white nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

"There is no room in the Republican Party for antisemitism or white supremacy," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday. "And anyone meeting with people advocating that point of view, in my judgment, are highly unlikely to ever be elected president of the United States."

Earlier in the day, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy denounced Fuentes, who is labeled as a white supremacist pundit and organizer by the Anti-Defamation League, in language similar to McConnell's,though he stopped short of condemning the former president.

"I don't think anybody should be spending any time with Nick Fuentes. He has no place in this Republican Party," McCarthy said. "I think President Trump came out four times and condemned him and didn't know who he was."

When a reporter pointed out to McCarthy that the former president only denied knowing Fuentes — not condemning his ideologies — McCarthy responded, "Well, I condemn his ideology, it has no place in society; at all."

The former president dined with Ye and Fuentes at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida last Tuesday, where, according to Ye's official Twitter account, the rapper asked Trump to be his running mate for the 2024 presidential race.

Trump, who recently announced his 2024 presidential bid, took to his social media platform Truth Social on Saturday to try and clear the record. He said in a post that Ye had requested the meeting for "advice concerning some of his difficulties," noting that he doesn't know Fuentes.

© Copyright Original Source

He claimed he did not know Fuentes, but he cannot avoid knowing West who has been hanging around Trump and Republicans for a while.

How could Trump possibly not know about Fuentes? Is he that intentionally ignorant being a past president?

Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-02-2022, 07:29 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

That Trump had nobody around him telling him that this was a real bad idea, or that he did, and ignored them and went ahead anyway, does not exactly offer a glimpse into the Trump organization that would inspire confidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Obama was close friends with an unrepentant domestic terrorist and was the member of a church run by a racist anti-American preacher.

Of course nobody cared about that, so why should we care about Trump having dinner with Kanye West and the other fellow that I doubt most people have ever heard of and who was an uninvited guest that West brought along?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And Obama was close friends with an unrepentant domestic terrorist and was the member of a church run by a racist anti-American preacher.

Of course nobody cared about that, so why should we care about Trump having dinner with Kanye West and the other fellow that I doubt most people have ever heard of and who was an uninvited guest that West brought along?
        It sounds like you do not care as in other threads.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It sounds like you do not care as in other threads.
          No, I'm asking you, if Obama's unsavory associations weren't a problem, then why should we care about Trump's?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No, I'm asking you, if Obama's unsavory associations weren't a problem, then why should we care about Trump's?
            Your accusations are unfounded and gross extreme right exaggerations. When it is uncomfortable you try and dodge the subject.

There is nothing possibly more extreme and horrific here than Fuentes White Supremacy and Holocaust denial and admiration of Hitler. Add Kanye West's Anti-sematism and admiration of Hitler. You choose to minimize it.

There is also a ig problem of Kanye;s West close association with the Republican Party considering his anti-sematism and admiration of Hitler.

https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-...script-1764113
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-02-2022, 09:35 PM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              That Trump had nobody around him telling him that this was a real bad idea, or that he did, and ignored them and went ahead anyway, does not exactly offer a glimpse into the Trump organization that would inspire confidence.
              But the fact Trump is once again chumming up to a white supremacist with the excuse he did na know who he was DOES give yet another glimpse into who Trump really is
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

But the fact Trump is once again chumming up to a white supremacist with the excuse he did na know who he was DOES give yet another glimpse into who Trump really is
                He did full well know who Kanye West was. An anti-semite and his love of Hitler.: https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-...script-1764113

Frank

Comment

He did full well know who Kanye West was. An anti-semite and his love of Hitler.: https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-...script-1764113
                  Trump claimed not to know who Nick Fuentes was.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Trump claimed not to know who Nick Fuentes was.
                    Which is entirely conceivable in that very few people had ever heard of him until now. But that goes back to his staff. They should have vetted him before any meeting. Either they didn't bother, or they did, warned Trump, and he went ahead with the dinner any way. Neither instills much confidence in the Trump organization.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Your accusations are unfounded and gross extreme right exaggerations. When it is uncomfortable you try and dodge the subject.
                      Translation, Mountain Man is correct.

Only those with TDS care about Trump's dinner. If anything, he just gave ammunition to be primaried. He shown a yuuuge spotlight on Fuentes and that will likely turn most Trumpers off. Unlike the the left, as you posted, Republicans will turn on Trump due to his association with a niche internet celebrity only known to the terminally online.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Only those with TDS care about Trump's dinner. If anything, he just gave ammunition to be primaried. He shown a yuuuge spotlight on Fuentes and that will likely turn most Trumpers off. Unlike the the left, as you posted, Republicans will turn on Trump due to his association with a niche internet celebrity only known to the terminally online.
                        Changing the subject and minimizing is your modus operandi like Mountain Man when things get edgy and uncomfortable. The left has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

You are joining the apologists of Trump and Kanye West, his extreme horrific antisemitism, love of Hitler and his relationship with the Republican Party. Trump being a past President should in no way be ignorant of Fuentes.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

I heard something last night that even the majority of Fox News viewers want someone other than Trump.

Comment

He claimed he did not know Fuentes, but he cannot avoid knowing West who has been hanging around Trump and Republicans for a while.

How could Trump possibly not know about Fuentes? Is he that intentionally ignorant being a past president?
                            He should be impeached. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

He should be impeached. Again.

I would not be in the least surprised if Adam Schiff isn't floating a proposal for one promising to be done before the New Year.

Comment