Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Desantis revision of Native American history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Figure of speech...

Just sayin'
    Coming from the same guy who once unapologetically accused his fellow Christians of giving voice to the words of demons.

But I guess that was just a figure of speech.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-29-2022, 12:56 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I did not say he 'called him a demon' , I said 'he is not the demon you are making him out to be', which itself is a figure of speech. Translation: seer is making shuny out to be far worse than he actually is.

Now, in the interest of civility I am going to assume you get it and are just funnin' around.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Coming from the same guy who once unapologetically accused his fellow Christians of giving voice to the words of demons.

But I guess that was just a figure of speech.
        I had a really cute response to this ... but I'm thinking you are more in a mood ta fight than kid around. But it typically takes two ...

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-29-2022, 01:47 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I had a really cute response to this ... but I'm thinking you are more in a mood ta fight than kid around. But it typically takes two ...
          Yeah, I know, you've always treated that horrible episode as a mere trifle to be laughed at despite the very dark theological implications behind the accusation.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Than Christian Europe is just another violent, brutal tribal culture with nothing to offer the world.
            They had technology to offer the world. Which also happens to be how they 'stole' that land - they had better tech than the people living there.

PS: is that what you view Native Americans as? violent, brutal, tribal cultures with nothing to offer the world? Because it sounds like it is. What with you being the only person to utter such words on this thread.
            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 11-29-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Salvation. Civilization.

But I was not even talking about christianity. Just a higher tech civilization compared to a lower one. As far as I know the American Indians didn't even have the wheel until the Europeans came. Nor horses. Or guns. Manufacturing. Ships. Nada.
              Actually an interesting sidenote on horses - they originally came from North America, but died out here after the last Ice Age began to recede and the Bering land bridge disappeared, whilst those that had migrated into Eurasia thrived there and eventually became the animals that the Europeans brought 'back' to North America.

Comment

Wek, ah , , , In the history of Christianity the Europeans have offered nothing better to the other peoples and cultures of the world.
                Parliamentary democracy is Europe's #1 export. In some fairness, is anything better than eternal salvation through Jesus the Christ?
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• P1) It is logically impossible to steal that which is possessed illegally.
                  P2) Land the US took was possessed illegally
                  C) The US stole no land.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                    P1) It is logically impossible to steal that which is possessed illegally.
                    P2) Land the US took was possessed illegally
                    C) The US stole no land.
                    Interesting. Can you expand on P2?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      So the whole "native" American thing is buffalo turds.
                      The US Calvary bounty hunters paid by the head killed off the Buffalo.

Native American Lands were stolen after they were defined by treaties.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Which culture would you rather live in today? China? Middle East? Africa? India? Where? Of course Western Culture is better.
                        No, the issue of this thread. Nonetheless I would not want to live in Europe as a non-Christian in 1600.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Interesting. Can you expand on P2?
                          The US took land from the British ( i.e. the 13 colonies) and the Mexicans (who were Spanish colonial holdings). The US bought land from the Rooskies, French, Mexicans, and Spanish. Other tribes took land in the plains that the US took. Tbf, I'm not too sure about Navajo, Hopi, and Pueblo lands.

Only lands that were originally homesteaded by Native Americans could be "stolen" so nomadic tribes don't really count ever having "possession".
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The US Calvary bounty hunters paid by the head killed off the Buffalo.

Native American Lands were stolen after they were defined by treaties.
                            Calvary is spiritual salvation, Cavalry is military salvation (if they get there in time and are of sufficient number and strength....)
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, the issue of this thread. Nonetheless I would not want to live in Europe as a non-Christian in 1600.
                              I would not want to live anywhere as a non-Christian at any time.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Calvary is spiritual salvation, Cavalry is military salvation (if they get there in time and are of sufficient number and strength....)
                                Is Calvalry both spiritual and military salvation?
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment