Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Christian Nationalism Succeeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Then he is as big of a conspiracy nut as the Q-anon nuts he keeps talking about!
    yup
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

This is what actual Christian Nationalists believe:

Christian Nationalist adheres to a political platform that advocates for Christian principles in government and law. We do not believe that separation of Church and State should mean that Christian values are suppressed simply due to their Biblical origin. To the contrary Christian Nationalism is a means by which we, as Christians, reassert our rights to live in a society which accurately reflects the will of God. We advocate for representative democracy, limited government, States Rights, Christian charity, the Three C’s [Christianity, Culture, and Capitalism], and the Holy Bible as a blueprint for a lawful society.

Where does it say liberal Christians cannot be in government?
      They do not support the concept of Christian Nationalism. They are not Republicans, and do not support anti-abortion laws and Court decisions.

MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE (Georgia’s 14th District) openly calls for a Republican Christian Party.

This list of supporters of Christian Nationalists does not include Democrats. https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/3...-certification
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

They do not support the concept of Christian Nationalism. They are not Republicans, and do not support anti-abortion laws and Court decisions.

MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE (Georgia’s 14th District) openly calls for a Republican Christian Party.

This list of supporters of Christian Nationalists does not include Democrats. https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/3...-certification
        wow
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is what actual Christian Nationalists believe:

Christian Nationalist adheres to a political platform that advocates for Christian principles in government and law. We do not believe that separation of Church and State should mean that Christian values are suppressed simply due to their Biblical origin. To the contrary Christian Nationalism is a means by which we, as Christians, reassert our rights to live in a society which accurately reflects the will of God. We advocate for representative democracy, limited government, States Rights, Christian charity, the Three C’s [Christianity, Culture, and Capitalism], and the Holy Bible as a blueprint for a lawful society.

Where does it say liberal Christians cannot be in government?
          Well, lookie there! I'm a Christian Nationalist and didn't even know it! That's WAY different from that over which Frank was hyperventilating!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, lookie there! I'm a Christian Nationalist and didn't even know it! That's WAY different from that over which Frank was hyperventilating!
            This cleaned up brief Reader's Digest version is not what Christina Nationalist actually believe, and more correctly cited in my post #62. Well ah . . . if you believe in Marjorie that the Republican Party should be a 'Christian Republican Party and the rest of the extreme baggage she carries including the conspiracies then you have known for a long time you were and are a Christian Nationalist.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-28-2022, 06:56 PM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I've cited actual, self-labeled, Christian Nationalists. We both know the Christian Republic of Gilead will never happen..
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

This cleaned up brief Reader's Digest version is not what Christina Nationalist actually believe,
                That proves it! You're a closet Christian Nationalist!!!

and more correctly cited in my post #62.
                Well ah - maybe you're the expert because you're them!

Well ah . . . if you believe in Marjorie that the Republican Party should be a 'Christian Republican Party and the rest of the extreme baggage she carries including the conspiracies then you have known for a long time you were and are a Christian Nationalist.
                Seriously, Frank, you need to get back to HyperClimateAlarmsim --- at least you occasionally sounded like you actually knew something about that.

One thing that's clear --- you really are a ChickenLittle kinda guy.

Comment

This cleaned up brief Reader's Digest version is not what Christina Nationalist actually believe, and more correctly cited in my post #62. Well ah . . . if you believe in Marjorie that the Republican Party should be a 'Christian Republican Party and the rest of the extreme baggage she carries including the conspiracies then you have known for a long time you were and are a Christian Nationalist.
                  So, just ignore what self-professed Christian Nationals say and accept what you believe instead.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    So, just ignore what self-professed Christian Nationals say and accept what you believe instead.
                    It's a Chicken Little thing.

Comment

I've cited actual, self-labeled, Christian Nationalists. We both know the Christian Republic of Gilead will never happen..
                      Shhhhh... don't tell Frank, but I have already filed for our 501(c)(3)

Comment

I have given the direct link to where I got the quote to Cow Poke . Should you wish to contest that what I presented is "not what [Christian] Nationalist actually believe" Cowpoke can adjudicate. If you wish, you can ask for the link from CowPoke or myself. I will not post the site on the boards out of respect.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I have given the direct link to where I got the quote to Cow Poke . Should you wish to contest that what I presented is "not what [Christian] Nationalist actually believe" Cowpoke can adjudicate. If you wish, you can ask for the link from CowPoke or myself. I will not post the site on the boards out of respect.
                          It's classic liberal playbook --- totally misrepresent what the opponent believes, then attack that misrepresentation.

And, yes, I have seen the source myself.

Comment

Yes, I contest the citation as simplistic grossly incomplete based on the post I posted with a citation which you have failed to respond to.

Frank

Comment

Yes, I contest the citation as simplistic grossly incomplete based on the post I posted with a citation which you have failed to respond to.
                              From Christianity Today....

What Is Christian Nationalism?

Christian nationalism is the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way. Popularly, Christian nationalists assert that America is and must remain a “Christian nation”—not merely as an observation about American history, but as a prescriptive program for what America must continue to be in the future. Scholars like Samuel Huntington have made a similar argument: that America is defined by its “Anglo-Protestant” past and that we will lose our identity and our freedom if we do not preserve our cultural inheritance.

Christian nationalists do not reject the First Amendment and do not advocate for theocracy, but they do believe that Christianity should enjoy a privileged position in the public square. The term “Christian nationalism,” is relatively new, and its advocates generally do not use it of themselves, but it accurately describes American nationalists who believe American identity is inextricable from Christianity.

Is Christianity Today lying when they say that Christian Nationalists do not advocate for a theorcracy?

Comment

Incomplete selective response without considering the fact that Shoghi Effendi and ALL scripture sourcea advocated a separation of religion and secular state and non-Baha'is are notsubject to Baha'i Laws and administration. The elected by Baha'is Houses of Justice or Spiritual Assemblies ONLY deal with the affairs of Baha'is ONLY.
                                I quoted Bahauallah's words, and Mr Effendi's, and the World leaders'......... Your repeated denials begin to look like.....denialism.
                                It's best to focus upon what Bahai has written, I think.

Address this and not dodge an important issue in this thread.

Remember the opening post in another thread when seer enthusiastically applauded Muslim for supporting Christian efforts to oppose the LGBT community?!?!?!?!?!
                                Sounds like ''Look at that lot..... You see? Bahai is not so bad after all...... ''
                                You can't hide behind Islam and Christianity....... you can't.

Well, at least you are including the T in LGBT now, so you've learned something about Bahai, I guess.

Comment