Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Christian Nationalism Succeeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    The other night I was watching a lecture about the Mexican American war (1846-1848). The lecturer talked about how American Exceptionalism was a driving force for causing the war.

I realized as he described American Exceptionalism, that Christian Nationalism is just another manifestation of American Exceptionalism. It seems to be a cyclical event and we're in a cycle of it now. It will probably fade out in a few years. It's certainly not something new to the US.

Also, I think many groups are fanning the smoke from this movement for their own agenda. Being against it gives them influence and money. I agree there is a fire producing this smoke. I also think that if you can cut through the smoke, you'll find the actual fire is smaller than advertised.
    Yuh!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The present Christian Nationalists is popular and the goals target the LGBT community as immoral and illegal, and atheists and agnostic as not worthy of being elected,
      If you substitute 'Christian Nationalists' for 'Bahai' then the sentence still makes sense, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

If you substitute 'Christian Nationalists' for 'Bahai' then the sentence still makes sense, I think.
        There is absolutely no evidence at present that Baha'is propose secular legislation against the LGBT community, and the separation of religion and secular state is defined in scripture. That is not the case in the scripture of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Remember the opening post when seer enthusiastically applauded Muslim for supporting Christian efforts to oppose the LGBT community,
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

There is absolutely no evidence at present that Baha'is propose secular legislation against the LGBT community, and the separation of religion and secular state is defined in scripture. That is not the case in the scripture of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Remember the opening post when seer enthusiastically applauded Muslim for supporting Christian efforts to oppose the LGBT community,
          Christianity has no parallel to Sharia Law. Judaism since Maimonides hasn't used the death penalty (iirc) and there is no current priesthood to carry out the Mosaic system. You have yet to detail how the US becoming a "Christian" nation would play out. Where in the NT does it 1) support the establishment of a theocratic state comparable to Islamic states and 2) support anything you claim would happen?
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

At present. But Bahauallah wrote about a Bahai World to come, and all those criminal and civil laws, all those Houses of Justice, they are for a future...if Bahai sghould grow.
            That's why Shoghi Effendi decided to rename the local and national houses of justice in to 'spriitual assemblies'...it's a softer approach, I guess.

Look over there! Not here! What about them?!!!
            Redirection.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Christianity has no parallel to Sharia Law. Judaism since Maimonides hasn't used the death penalty (iirc) and there is no current priesthood to carry out the Mosaic system. You have yet to detail how the US becoming a "Christian" nation would play out. Where in the NT does it 1) support the establishment of a theocratic state comparable to Islamic states and 2) support anything you claim would happen?
              Historically, attempts to create Christian states have produced oppressive governments, and the current white Christian nationalist movement has little to recommend it could do any better. Indeed, its close association with white supremacist groups and reliance on misinformation, fear, and hatred make its fruit more akin to galatians 5:18-21 than 5:22,23.

The way Christians influence the society they are in is by being as much as possible what Christ was so that those around us see Him in us and to the extent they are willing choose to follow Him. And that means wrt to conquering evil that we are committed to what Jesus taught us about how we overcome evil. Specifically, hatred is overcome by love: that we do not resist evil but rather that we turn the other cheek, we carry the gear the extra mile, we give more than what is asked for, and we return love for hated, that we forgive those that wrong us, that we seek not to be instruments of chaos and destruction, but grace, mercy, and love.

We are not soldiers in the military sense. We are not citizens of any worldy country or kingdom. White Christian Nationalism is in fact the antithesis of the Kingdom of God.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

At present. But Bahauallah wrote about a Bahai World to come, and all those criminal and civil laws, all those Houses of Justice, they are for a future...if Bahai sghould grow.
                That's why Shoghi Effendi decided to rename the local and national houses of justice in to 'spriitual assemblies'...it's a softer approach, I guess.
                Incomplete selective response without considering the fact that Shoghi Effendi and ALL scripture sourcea advocated a separation of religion and secular state and non-Baha'is are notsubject to Baha'i Laws and administration. The elected by Baha'is Houses of Justice or Spiritual Assemblies ONLY deal with the affairs of Baha'is ONLY.

Redirection.
                Address this and not dodge an important issue in this thread.

Remember the opening post in another thread when seer enthusiastically applauded Muslim for supporting Christian efforts to oppose the LGBT community?!?!?!?!?!
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-28-2022, 09:30 AM.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Redirection.
                  I would agree with shunyadragon , stay on topic. The topic of this thread is " what would happen if Christians took over the US?"
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I would agree with shunyadragon , stay on topic. The topic of this thread is " what would happen if Christians took over the US?"
                    And that would largely depend on which group of Christians.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

TRU™ Christians, obviously.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

TRU™ Christians, obviously.
                        Ah, you mean MY group!

Comment

Those that believe in Christian Nationalism supported by several popularly elected representatives in Congress and other elected representative by Republicans.

Frank

Comment

Those that believe in Christian Nationalism supported by several popularly elected representatives in Congress and other elected representative by Republicans.
                            Frank, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in The Hot Place. Why do you torture yourself worrying so?

Comment

Ah, you mean MY group!

He said TRU™ Christians not TROO™ Christians.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Frank, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in The Hot Place. Why do you torture yourself worrying so?
                                They were popularly overwhelmingly elected by Republicans. By your logic snowballs survive very well in hell. There are others that support the Christian Nationalism agenda. Possibly more references to follow.

Frank

Comment