Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Christian Nationalism Succeeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Explain? This post describes some of the goals of the Christina Nationalists, and the question as to whether they will succeed. It is a very popular movement within the Republican Party and shares many of its goals and ideals.

My post addressed 'how things could be bad for non-Christians if Christian Nationalists took over. As you asked here:

A Christian Nationalist government is indeed possible as described by the goals of those that believe to make the Republican Party a Christian Party.

Assuming Christian nationalism, it would not mean one party control as in your fantastic dystopia. I would agree that only Christians would be allowed to hold office in such a country, but both Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are professing Christians. Raphael Warnock is literally a pastor. You're so wrapped up in a fantastic dystopia to think that the Christian Republic of Gilead could come about. You're also obsessive over gays. Any sexual fornication would be illegal. You could get into Rerum novarum and other encyclicals regarding Catholic corporatism. What exactly is a "Christian nation" is quite interesting but you're so obsessed it's hilarious.

As for orgainsing society around Christian values at least socially. What of it? Why is Monkeypox guidance specifically directed at gay and bisexual men? Why does the pharmaceutical industry primarily target males who engage in homosexual sex for HIV drugs? Is the CDC homophobic? Is big pharma homophobic? Was the NYT homophobic when it had the article "NEW HOMOSEXUAL DISORDER WORRIES HEALTH OFFICIALS" in 1982?

I do believe that sexual promiscuity is bad for people, not just gays and not just for health reasons. I think usury laws are great. I think hedonism is bad for people. Christianity is basically repackaged Stoicism mixed with minor religious asceticism. But you're so obsessed you can't even think of that viewpoint. I find you to be both hilarious and incredulous.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Assuming Christian nationalism, it would not mean one party control as in your fantastic dystopia. I would agree that only Christians would be allowed to hold office in such a country, but both Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are professing Christians. Raphael Warnock is literally a pastor. You're so wrapped up in a fantastic dystopia to think that the Christian Republic of Gilead could come about. You're also obsessive over gays. Any sexual fornication would be illegal. You could get into Rerum novarum and other encyclicals regarding Catholic corporatism. What exactly is a "Christian nation" is quite interesting but you're so obsessed it's hilarious.

As for orgainsing society around Christian values at least socially. What of it? Why is Monkeypox guidance specifically directed at gay and bisexual men? Why does the pharmaceutical industry primarily target males who engage in homosexual sex for HIV drugs? Is the CDC homophobic? Is big pharma homophobic? Was the NYT homophobic when it had the article "NEW HOMOSEXUAL DISORDER WORRIES HEALTH OFFICIALS" in 1982?

I do believe that sexual promiscuity is bad for people, not just gays and not just for health reasons. I think usury laws are great. I think hedonism is bad for people. Christianity is basically repackaged Stoicism mixed with minor religious asceticism. But you're so obsessed you can't even think of that viewpoint. I find you to be both hilarious and incredulous.
      Aside from Warnock, you also have Reps. Emanuel Cleaver and Cori Bush (both D-Mo.).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The claims of the Christian Nationalists have distinct litmus tests as to who are true Christians and none of the above qualify. ALL Democrats, atheists, agnostics and the LGBT community would be excluded.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The claims of the Christian Nationalists have distinct litmus tests as to who are true Christians and none of the above qualify. ALL Democrats, atheists, agnostics and the LGBT community would be excluded.
          Gee what makes you such an expert on Christian Nationalism and their inner workings, Shuny?

Comment

What percent of the world population do you suppose these "Christian Nationalists" comprise, Frank?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What percent of the world population do you suppose these "Christian Nationalists" comprise, Frank?
              He sees them hiding behind every tree and bush. Maybe like old Joe, who has at various times declared that more people have died from the Chicom coronavirus and from firearms than even live in the U.S., it's well over 100%.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                He sees them hiding behind every tree and bush. Maybe like old Joe, who has at various times declared that more people have died from the Chicom coronavirus and from firearms than even live in the U.S., it's well over 100%.
                I consider myself pretty well connected in the religion sphere, and about the only time I hear about 'Christian Nationalism' is when I read Frank's threads.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I consider myself pretty well connected in the religion sphere, and about the only time I hear about 'Christian Nationalism' is when I read Frank's threads.
                  Obviously that must mean you're one of them and are trying to conceal da TROOF™

Comment

Obviously that must mean you're one of them and are trying to conceal da TROOF™
                    (in the background is a rousing rendition of "ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS"...)

Comment

(in the background is a rousing rendition of "ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS"...)
                      There's one hymn that doesn't seem to get much "air time" in recent years.

Comment

There's one hymn that doesn't seem to get much "air time" in recent years.
                        A number of hymnals over the past few decades have opted not to include it because it's "too militant".

Comment

It is not the world I am addressing, but the United States where the Republican Party supports a religious agenda, and laws with a religious agenda. The Christians have a strong world influence through their missionary work in the world, There are elected representatives that support Christian Nationalism in the USA enthusiastically elected by Republicans.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

It is not the world I am addressing, but the United States where the Republican Party supports a religious agenda, and laws with a religious agenda.
                            OK, so let me narrow my question -- what percent of the US population is comprised of "Christian Nationalists"?

The Christians have a strong world influence through their missionary work in the world, There are elected representatives that support Christian Nationalism in the USA enthusiastically elected by Republicans.
                            I only wish that Christians had 1/1000th influence you seem to think we have in the world.

At this point, I believe it's obvious this is a phobia for you, and there's no way to bring you back to reality.

Comment

So you're adding Democrats despite there literally being a Democratic politician who is a pastor. It's the LGBTQ2IA+ community, don't be phobic regarding queer, 2 spirit, intersex, and asexual members f that community.

This is what Christian Nationalism believe:

Christian Nationalist adheres to a political platform that advocates for Christian principles in government and law. We do not believe that separation of Church and State should mean that Christian values are suppressed simply due to their Biblical origin. To the contrary Christian Nationalism is a means by which we, as Christians, reassert our rights to live in a society which accurately reflects the will of God. We advocate for representative democracy, limited government, States Rights, Christian charity, the Three C’s [Christianity, Culture, and Capitalism], and the Holy Bible as a blueprint for a lawful society.
                              So using the Bible "as a blueprint", please detail how a Christian nationalist would function. I'll be kind in assuming that God allowing the Israelites to have a monarchy after they requested it (basically they voted to have a monarchy) is sufficient to allow for a representative democracy. Please detail how disenfranchising "ALL Democrats, atheists, agnostics and the [LGBTQ2IA+] community" is part of God's will. Also, you keep forgetting to include adulterers despite having been reminded fornication is not limited to homosexuality.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The other night I was watching a lecture about the Mexican American war (1846-1848). The lecturer talked about how American Exceptionalism was a driving force for causing the war.

I realized as he described American Exceptionalism, that Christian Nationalism is just another manifestation of American Exceptionalism. It seems to be a cyclical event and we're in a cycle of it now. It will probably fade out in a few years. It's certainly not something new to the US.

Also, I think many groups are fanning the smoke from this movement for their own agenda. Being against it gives them influence and money. I agree there is a fire producing this smoke. I also think that if you can cut through the smoke, you'll find the actual fire is smaller than advertised.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment