Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If Christian Nationalism Succeeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Our CofE doesn't have so much clout these days, but it did 100 years ago and it was instrumental (with Government leaders) in pushing King Edward VIII to abdicate, which was just as well because later on he conspired with Hitler to be re-instated as Monarch if Hitler could invade and control the UK, he was a traitor........ It was US historians who found, protected and transmitted that information or it would have been lost to us. And so in that situation our Arch-Bishops and Constitution spared us.

I don't know of any Christian government today, not one that could be described as a theocracy, but some churches would have it if they could.
    Do you think that the Watchtower might be a theocracy in waiting, if it should ever become large enough?

But here is a Christian one, but it's main minister died of Covid ...........

https://kgov.com/
    Bob Enyart and co-host Doug McBurney propose a new Criminal Code for America as part of our Proposed Constitution of America (which is at kgov.com/constitution). This criminal code, designed to replace a million pages of criminal code in America, is itself just over a page long. And it has five sections based on five of the Ten Commandments.
    God's Criminal Justice System: Does the Bible support the death penalty before the crucifixion? How about after the crucifixion? The death penalty forms the centerpiece of the Gospel. The first and last books of the Bible deal with execution, as do the Old and New Testaments generally. Enjoy this presentation of God's ideas about criminal justice. Many Christians pray for an open door to share the Gospel with a friend. That door opens with every newscast, and with the reading of every newspaper, for those who benefit from God's Criminal Justice System. Meanwhile, discover the unique style of Bob Enyart and enjoy all of his teaching tapes.
    For future reference, it's best to cite folks who are still living and active rather than those no longer with us or what things were like a century ago. I can think of a few isolated churches that advocate for theocracy but they tend to be like that of the late Boby Enyart -- isolated and nearly a pariah wrt relations with other churches.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

One might opine that if "Christian Nationalism" ever succeeded it would be something arising from the group[s] with the most power and popular influence as well as [inevitably] weapons. I am not sure how much support would come from the US military but I suspect some might support such a regime/government.

Continuing that hypothetical scenario there would then no doubt be infighting and power struggles as to who had the "true" version of Christianity and one group would eventually gain ascendancy and rule by coercion [as well as possibly terror and violence].

In other words, another totalitarian regime.
      Christian Nationalism has only a marginally better chance in succeeding in taking over as do Pinky and the Brain have for their plots to take over the world

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Do you rub your hands together in glee contemplating such scenarios?
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Christian Nationalism has only a marginally better chance in succeeding in taking over as do Pinky and the Brain have for their plots to take over the world
        Hence my use of the phrase "hypothetical scenario". You could both prevent making unnecessary posts if you would only read what has been written..
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Hence my use of the phrase "hypothetical scenario". You could both prevent making unnecessary posts if you would only read what has been written..
          My post is just as valid either way, thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            My post is just as valid either way, thank you very much.
            Some might opine that your unqualified statement concerning a "marginally better chance" cannot actually be known and that your attempt to equate a children's cartoon series with real life is fallacious.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yes, ditz, I understood you were coming up with yet another far out birdbrained "hypothetical scenario".

You could save us the trouble by keeping your crazy old lady ideas to yourself.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some might opine that your unqualified statement concerning a "marginally better chance" cannot actually be known and that your attempt to equate a children's cartoon series with real life is fallacious.
                Their chance of success is only marginally better than that of a fictitious character's. That was the point. That their chances are so small as to almost be none.

Comment

Some might opine...
                  Who cares? Is it your opinion or not?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, ditz, I understood you were coming up with yet another far out birdbrained "hypothetical scenario".

You could save us the trouble by keeping your crazy old lady ideas to yourself.
                    For someone who is so dismissive of my comments it never ceases to surprise me that you invariably respond [and often with alacrity]. I must doing something right!

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Who cares? Is it your opinion or not?
                    It is an opinion.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Their chance of success is only marginally better than that of a fictitious character's. That was the point. That their chances are so small as to almost be none.
                      Can one compare real life with the adventures of two cartoon mice?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

For someone who is so dismissive of my comments it never ceases to surprise me that you invariably respond [and often with alacrity]. I must doing something right!
                        You're desperate for attention. Doesn't hurt me to give you a little.

It is an opinion.
                        Some might opine you're just a cranky old woman who loves to see her own posts in public, but is too cowardly to take ownership of her own ideas.

This is one of your many behaviors --- throw something out there, or start a thread, and then claim "well, I never said that was MY opinion" (or some such nonsense).

Comment

You're desperate for attention. Doesn't hurt me to give you a little.

Some might opine you're just a cranky old woman who loves to see her own posts in public, but is too cowardly to take ownership of her own ideas.
                          You are are a droll little man.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You are are a droll little man.
                            You're practicing your "talking like a pirate"?

Comment

Can one compare real life with the adventures of two cartoon mice?
                              And yet again...

Comment

And yet again...
                                I think she was just trying to be clever.

Then she'll claim we're the ones who missed it, because she so often fails in her attempts at humor or irony or whatever.

Comment