Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You don't know Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins:

House Republicans have vowed to investigate the weaponization of the US government again political adversaries and private citizens. Right on cue, George Staphylococcus asks Representative Scott Perry (R) if he will be recusing himself from any such investigative committees in light of Jack Smith's mandate to effectively target all congressional Republicans as part of the continuing January 6 Witch Hunt.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...stigating-him/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And so it begins:

House Republicans have vowed to investigate the weaponization of the US government again political adversaries and private citizens. Right on cue, George Staphylococcus asks Representative Scott Perry (R) if he will be recusing himself from any such investigative committees in light of Jack Smith's mandate to effectively target all congressional Republicans as part of the continuing January 6 Witch Hunt.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...stigating-him/
      Isn't George the guy that Limbaugh always liked to portray in diapers?

Love this exchange!!! .
      @RandPaul
      won't be intimated by Rush Limbaugh's diaper baby Stephanopoulos (his nickname during the Bill Clinton years).
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        But it won't matter to the crowd that swift-boated lifelong Republican Bob Mueller, the most respected law enforcement officer in America on both sides of the aisle for no better reason than because he investigated TFG.

It won't matter to the crowd that swift-boated Anthony Fauci, the most respected public health official in America for no better reason than because he contradicted TFG, for cause — because TFG was not merely wrong, but wrong in a way that endangered public health in America that was ultimately responsible for an anti-vaxx movement that is even today killing off 300 Americans a day, nearly all of whom are unvaccinated.

I kept reading, "bloated" and wondered at Robert Mueller and Dr Fauci being bloated and in what sense, pride probably lol!

Juvenal I am sure you will not appreciate being given a link but really think you are not aware of the vast amount of conflict there really is regarding the Covid pandemic, vaccines and Dr Fauci etc?

https://censored.daystar.com/

Comment

• It seems that the Swamp is rather nervous about the idea of a Republican oversight committee holding them accountable for their abuses of power:

As a direct result of the concerns expressed within a New York Times article, it’s abundantly clear the FBI and DOJ-NSD are worried about the new House Subcommittee on Federal Weaponization of Government. Specifically, the concern of the DOJ/FBI is the potential for the committee to start looking behind the curtain at the activity and intents of the special counsel operation.

(New York Times) – […] The resolution appears to give him authority to subpoena the Justice Department for information about the special counsel inquiry into Mr. Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election and his handling of classified documents, along with other politically charged matters like an open tax investigation into President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

The text of the resolution would also grant Mr. Jordan’s panel the power to receive the same highly classified information that intelligence agencies make available to their oversight committee, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Intelligence Committee members have access to some of the most sensitive secrets in the government, including information about covert actions, which are not shared with other lawmakers. Traditionally, House leaders tend to place on the intelligence panel members of their party they think are especially trustworthy not to disclose classified information.

While Mr. Jordan’s investigative unit will be housed within the Judiciary Committee, its 13 members — eight of whom would be Republicans — will not be limited to lawmakers on that panel. (read more)

It would appear the FBI and DOJ are concerned that congressional oversight is a risk to their activity. The advanced PR firm for the conduct therein is always Politico and/or the New York Times. This subcommittee has them collectively and understandably triggered.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...nsel-activity/

Comment

It seems that the Swamp is rather nervous about the idea of a Republican oversight committee holding them accountable for their abuses of power:

As a direct result of the concerns expressed within a New York Times article, it’s abundantly clear the FBI and DOJ-NSD are worried about the new House Subcommittee on Federal Weaponization of Government. Specifically, the concern of the DOJ/FBI is the potential for the committee to start looking behind the curtain at the activity and intents of the special counsel operation.

(New York Times) – […] The resolution appears to give him authority to subpoena the Justice Department for information about the special counsel inquiry into Mr. Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election and his handling of classified documents, along with other politically charged matters like an open tax investigation into President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

The text of the resolution would also grant Mr. Jordan’s panel the power to receive the same highly classified information that intelligence agencies make available to their oversight committee, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Intelligence Committee members have access to some of the most sensitive secrets in the government, including information about covert actions, which are not shared with other lawmakers. Traditionally, House leaders tend to place on the intelligence panel members of their party they think are especially trustworthy not to disclose classified information.

While Mr. Jordan’s investigative unit will be housed within the Judiciary Committee, its 13 members — eight of whom would be Republicans — will not be limited to lawmakers on that panel. (read more)

It would appear the FBI and DOJ are concerned that congressional oversight is a risk to their activity. The advanced PR firm for the conduct therein is always Politico and/or the New York Times. This subcommittee has them collectively and understandably triggered.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...nsel-activity/
            I guess that's the reason they're booting Eric Swalwell from the Committee. To reduce the chance of pillow talk with Chicom spies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Democrats are definitely spooked. James Clyburn suggests that Congress should simply look the other way while the Depart of Injustice does whatever it wants.

"This is a body of the Congress that we are trying to maintain credibility with, and we’re not going to do that by opening up all kinds of suspicions about the institutions in our society. I know a little bit about the institutions not being trusted. We need to build trust in these institutions, and you cannot do that by opening up investigations into the investigations that are, in fact, taking place. That’s exactly what they’re talking about doing. They want to investigate the investigations that are underway by the Justice Department that ought to be independent of all that we do here. That is part of the administration, and we ought not be interfering with the Justice Department doing its work."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...dnt-interfere/

Of course he had no problem with the Democrats "opening up all kinds of suspicions" about President Trump and his administration with their endless investigations and witch hunts.

Comment

Democrats are definitely spooked. James Clyburn suggests that Congress should simply look the other way while the Depart of Injustice does whatever it wants.

"This is a body of the Congress that we are trying to maintain credibility with, and we’re not going to do that by opening up all kinds of suspicions about the institutions in our society. I know a little bit about the institutions not being trusted. We need to build trust in these institutions, and you cannot do that by opening up investigations into the investigations that are, in fact, taking place. That’s exactly what they’re talking about doing. They want to investigate the investigations that are underway by the Justice Department that ought to be independent of all that we do here. That is part of the administration, and we ought not be interfering with the Justice Department doing its work."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...dnt-interfere/

Of course he had no problem with the Democrats "opening up all kinds of suspicions" about President Trump and his administration with their endless investigations and witch hunts.
                Clyburn? The same guy who proclaimed that anti-Semitism is perfectly acceptable when it comes from “women of color”?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment