Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You don't know Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

This reflects a oft neglected history by the anti-vaxxers of the vaccines and the pandemic. ALL the references since show a higher death rate among the unvaccinated, The anit-Vaxxeries and the unvaccinated are indeed responsible for the overwhelming high death rate and spread after vacccines and booster have been available.

In the history of the pandemic anti-Vaxxers not only died more, but also spread more than those vaccinated.
    It reflects a situation that no longer represents what is going on now and is hence irrelevant to this discussion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It reflects a situation that no longer represents what is going on now and is hence irrelevant to this discussion.
      Based on the opening post ALL issues related to the pandemic and the history of the pandemic is entirely relevant, because that is the subject. The anti-vaxxers and vaccine refusal is still front and center as before causing increased deaths and spread. Based on the previous posts some still deny the number of deaths due to Covid-19. The pandemic is basically at present over for now, and we are in more of an epidemic mode, but it remains that the unvaccinated represent the most deaths.

Many posters still want to condemn Fauci based on selective anti-science misinformation, which most definitely relates to whole history of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Why this thread if the pandemic is basically past.?
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Based on the opening post ALL issues related to the pandemic and the history of the pandemic is entirely relevant, because that is the subject. The anti-vaxxers and vaccine refusal is still front and center as before causing increased deaths and spread. Based on the previous posts some still deny the number of deaths due to Covid-19. The pandemic is basically at present over for now, and we are in more of an epidemic mode, but it remains that the unvaccinated represent the most deaths.

Many posters still want to condemn Fauci based on selective anti-science misinformation, which most definitely relates to whole history of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Why this thread if the pandemic is basically past.?
        The opening post was about The special prosecutor looking into Trump crimes, and how he was going to be swiftboated by republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The opening post was about The special prosecutor looking into Trump crimes, and how he was going to be swiftboated by republicans.
          I believe the opening post also addressed the false accusation against Fauci, but yes my posts have drifted to a side issue involving attacks on Fauci and the pandemic.

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

The source documents that they provided links to don't say that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted.

Prove me wrong.
            I do have to remind myself that I'm talking to the guy who insisted that a letter thanking Fauci and his crew for approving funding for gain of function research doesn't prove that Fauci and his crew approved funding for gain of function research. Your imperviousness to facts is almost legendary.

Here are the facts again:
            1. Smith wrote a letter referencing a New York Times article about conservative groups seeking tax exempt status and essentially said, "We should do something about this."
            2. Smith worked directly with Lois Lerner to target groups seeking tax exempt status.
            3. The IRS was later forced to apologize for illegally targeting conservative groups seeking tax exempt status.
            It is absurdly easy to connect the dots.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-27-2022, 02:02 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This reflects a oft neglected history by the anti-vaxxers of the vaccines and the pandemic. ALL the references since show a higher death rate among the unvaccinated, The anit-Vaxxeries and the unvaccinated are indeed responsible for the overwhelming high death rate and spread after vacccines and booster have been available.

In the history of the pandemic anti-Vaxxers not only died more, but also spread more than those vaccinated.
              In August, 58 percent of COVID deaths were among vaccinated folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

This is a consequence of the high percentage of the population with at least one or two doses of vaccine, coupled with the overall acquired immunity in the population, both vaccinated and naturally acquired. The unvaccinated population is still at significantly greater risk of both hospitalization and death, with those least likely to be hospitalized and/or die being those current with the primary series and the 3 boosters.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/u...ination-status
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-27-2022, 09:35 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Incomplete without citation, post #57 gave it correctly. Also the Vaccine mutated to a more contagious form and resistant to previous vaccines. The reason new boosters are need.

Frank

Comment

... the virus [originally Vaccine] mutated to a more contagious form and resistant to previous vaccines. The reason new boosters are need.
                    A very important detail that cant be ignored in any evaluation of vaccine efficacy over time.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-27-2022, 11:37 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Incomplete without citation, post #57 gave it correctly. Also the Vaccine mutated to a more contagious form and resistant to previous vaccines. The reason new boosters are need.
                      The vaccine mutated? Boy I'm glad I never took it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The vaccine mutated? Boy I'm glad I never took it!
                        I apologize for the typo, The following is the correct post.

Incomplete biased response without citation, post #57 gave it correctly. Also the Virus mutated to a more contagious form and resistant to previous vaccines. The reason new boosters are need.

Some in this thread and in various non-scientific sources to selectively and questionably cite sources to reflect a biased anti-Vax and anti-science agenda to viciously attack Fauci and other scientists without understanding the unique nature of the Covid-19 virus. This is the first time in human history that an extremely deadly virus caused a pandemic and mutated frequently and rapidly, and still may in the future. Previous SARS virus epidemics did not behave this way.

Attacks on Fauci and other scientists have included death threats.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Attacks on Fauci and other scientists have included death threats.
                          I universally condemn unwarranted death threats.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            1. Smith wrote a letter referencing a New York Times article about conservative groups seeking tax exempt status and essentially said, "We should do something about this."
                            2. Smith worked directly with Lois Lerner to target groups seeking tax exempt status.
                            3. The IRS was later forced to apologize for illegally targeting conservative groups seeking tax exempt status.
                            IOW, you have no evidence showing that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

IOW, you have no evidence showing that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted. Thank you.
                              Sure, champ, whatever you say.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I do have to remind myself that I'm talking to the guy who insisted that a letter thanking Fauci and his crew for approving funding for gain of function research doesn't prove that Fauci and his crew approved funding for gain of function research. Your imperviousness to facts is almost legendary.

Further, if there is no there there, then why did all of the reviews of his career done by the MSM and Lawfare coincidentally skip over his initial involvement in siccing the IRS on conservative groups? It would obviously come up so you'd think that they would want to cover it and expose it as a nothing burger, if that's all it is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment