Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You don't know Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    no, in other words I was not taken in by your Breitbart's dishonest insertion of something not supported by the quotation made.

There is no evidence that it was a smaller number. Indeed, it appears the search terms covered an even wider variety of liberal groups than the terms used for conservative ones.

They didn't sue likely because they weren't whiney babies with political agendas like the conservative groups, and weren't interested in a weak apology. Not to mention the revelation came a good deal later after the conservative groups sued.

Sorry bud, Trump's own investigation showed both were targeted. Your hysteria does not change that.
    So you just want to ignore the facts and stay inside your bubble of stubbornly willful ignorance.

Oh well, I tried.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So you just want to ignore the facts and stay inside your bubble of stubbornly willful ignorance.

Oh well, I tried.
      Rather, I will ignore your biased sources that add in things that aren't in quotes and aren't even suggested by quotes, and instead go by Trump's own report which says the 'targeting' was equal opportunity and indeed there were more keywords and a wider range of potential groups targeted via the liberal keywords than the conservative one.

Comment

I don't really care what "Trump's own report" supposedly says when the IRS is on record admitting that they maliciously singled out conservative groups to be "aggressively scrutinized", and we have written proof from Jack Smith himself that he personally instigated the illegal targeting operation in response to a New York Times article about conservative groups seeking tax exempt status. Those are the plain facts, and based on those facts, any reasonable person can conclude that Smith should be disqualified outright from overseeing a federal investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Rather, I will ignore your biased sources that add in things that aren't in quotes and aren't even suggested by quotes, and instead go by Trump's own report which says the 'targeting' was equal opportunity and indeed there were more keywords and a wider range of potential groups targeted via the liberal keywords than the conservative one.
          So let's ignore the facts and accept your narrative for the sake of argument. Okay, where does that get us? We still have Jack Smith spearheading an illegal targeting operation by the IRS for which they were forced to admit fault and pay a "substantial financial settlement" to hundreds of aggrieved parties (just the conservative ones, but I'm going to let that slide. ). I ask again, since you have so far refused to answer: Is this really a guy who should be in charge of a federal investigation?

Comment

As noted in the article and in the source documents, Smith was inspired to start his targeting operation in response to a New York Times article about conservative organizations.
            Being inspired by an article about conservative organizations is not the same as suggesting that the IRS only target conservative organizations, or anything else illegal or unethical. It just means that the most obvious example of this illegal activity was a conservative organization.

It's the height of dishonesty to suggest without basis that Smith was behind anything the IRS did wrong. But that's not unexpected from Breitbart.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              Being inspired by an article about conservative organizations is not the same as suggesting that the IRS only target conservative organizations, or anything else illegal or unethical. It just means that the most obvious example of this illegal activity was a conservative organization.

It's the height of dishonesty to suggest without basis that Smith was behind anything the IRS did wrong. But that's not unexpected from Breitbart.
              Smith referenced a New York Times article about conservative groups seeking tax exempt status, Smith worked directly with Lerner to target groups seeking tax exempt status, and the vast majority of those groups targeted by the IRS, and for which the IRS was forced to admit fault and pay a substantial settlement, just happened to be conservative.

What a coincidence!

Comment

Smith referenced a New York Times article about conservative groups seeking tax exempt status, Smith worked directly with Lerner to target groups seeking tax exempt status, and the vast majority of those groups targeted by the IRS, and for which the IRS was forced to admit fault and pay a substantial settlement, just happened to be conservative.

What a coincidence!
                Let me know what evidence you have that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted.

Otherwise, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Comment

Let me know what evidence you have that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted.

Sadly pesky things like logic are something that conspiracy theorist loons like MM are impervious to.

Comment

I've already posted the evidence, but you have chosen to ignore it. That's on you, bud.

Comment

I've already posted the evidence, but you have chosen to ignore it. That's on you, bud.
                      Assumptions made by Breitbart don't count as evidence.

Comment

Assumptions made by Breitbart don't count as evidence.
                        You're right, they don't, which is why Breitbart provided links to source documents which most certainly do count as evidence.

But like Gond, you're forced to ignore the facts because they undermine your preferred narrative.

Comment

You're right, they don't, which is why Breitbart provided links to source documents which most certainly do count as evidence.

But like Gond, you're forced to ignore the facts because they undermine your preferred narrative.
                          The source documents that they provided links to don't say that Smith had anything to do with picking which groups should be targeted.

Prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

58 percent of deaths are occurring in the 68 percent of the population that's been vaccinated. If the vaccine was not working, those numbers would be equal.
                            Source: https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/covid-19-staggering-statistic-98-to-99-of-americans-dying-are-unvaccinated/

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

If you have decided to not get vaccinated against COVID-19, a new data analysis from The Associated Press concludes you may have a higher risk of dying compared to those who have chosen to be vaccinated.

The analysis was released in May of 2021 and looks at COVID-19 related deaths in vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals—only .8% (150) of vaccinated people accounted for the 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May.

With this staggering statistic, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19 suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

“The pandemic is not over,” said Augusta University/University of Georgia Medical Partnership Campus Dean Dr. Shelley Nuss. “I strongly advise everyone to consider getting a vaccine and to discuss this with their health care provider. Cases are rising throughout the United States in large part due to the particularly virulent delta strain.”

The state of Georgia itself has seen a surge cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in recent weeks. The daily average of cases on July 26 stood around 2,002 per day, 1,417 hospitalizations per day, and nine deaths per day. All statistics are the largest numbers the state has seen since January and February of 2021.

“Data has shown that nearly all individuals with severe illness, hospitalization or death from COVID-19 have been in unvaccinated individuals” said Nuss.

As of Monday, July 26, only 38% of Georgians are fully vaccinated, which is well below the national vaccination average of 49.7%. New COVID-19 cases are surging where vaccination rates are low.

According to CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

As of July 22, 339.8 million vaccine doses have been administered—56.4% of the total U.S. population, have received at least one dose of vaccine, and 48.8% of have been fully vaccinated.

Experts are hoping this staggering number of one-sided fatalities will be the wake-up call for more Americans to get vaccinated.

“The best way to protect ourselves and others is to get vaccinated by one of the currently available vaccines,” said Nuss. “Vaccines are now readily available at local grocery stores and pharmacies. Lastly, the UGA University Health Center also offers vaccines to its employees and students free of charge.”

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Source: https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/covid-19-staggering-statistic-98-to-99-of-americans-dying-are-unvaccinated/

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

If you have decided to not get vaccinated against COVID-19, a new data analysis from The Associated Press concludes you may have a higher risk of dying compared to those who have chosen to be vaccinated.

The analysis was released in May of 2021 and looks at COVID-19 related deaths in vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals—only .8% (150) of vaccinated people accounted for the 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May.

With this staggering statistic, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19 suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

“The pandemic is not over,” said Augusta University/University of Georgia Medical Partnership Campus Dean Dr. Shelley Nuss. “I strongly advise everyone to consider getting a vaccine and to discuss this with their health care provider. Cases are rising throughout the United States in large part due to the particularly virulent delta strain.”

The state of Georgia itself has seen a surge cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in recent weeks. The daily average of cases on July 26 stood around 2,002 per day, 1,417 hospitalizations per day, and nine deaths per day. All statistics are the largest numbers the state has seen since January and February of 2021.

“Data has shown that nearly all individuals with severe illness, hospitalization or death from COVID-19 have been in unvaccinated individuals” said Nuss.

As of Monday, July 26, only 38% of Georgians are fully vaccinated, which is well below the national vaccination average of 49.7%. New COVID-19 cases are surging where vaccination rates are low.

According to CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

As of July 22, 339.8 million vaccine doses have been administered—56.4% of the total U.S. population, have received at least one dose of vaccine, and 48.8% of have been fully vaccinated.

Experts are hoping this staggering number of one-sided fatalities will be the wake-up call for more Americans to get vaccinated.

“The best way to protect ourselves and others is to get vaccinated by one of the currently available vaccines,” said Nuss. “Vaccines are now readily available at local grocery stores and pharmacies. Lastly, the UGA University Health Center also offers vaccines to its employees and students free of charge.”

© Copyright Original Source

Anything a bit more recent?

979aa0b7-e75a-4c30-894c-fcb837e4f14b (1).jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                This reflects a oft neglected history by the anti-vaxxers of the vaccines and the pandemic. ALL the references since show a higher death rate among the unvaccinated, The anit-Vaxxeries and the unvaccinated are indeed responsible for the overwhelming high death rate and spread after vacccines and booster have been available.

In the history of the pandemic anti-Vaxxers not only died more, but also spread more than those vaccinated.
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2022, 11:42 PM.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment