Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You don't know Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I universally condemn unwarranted death threats.
    So all those times you yelled "I'm going to kill you!" at me were warranted?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Further, if there is no there there, then why did all of the reviews of his career done by the MSM and Lawfare coincidentally skip over his initial involvement in siccing the IRS on conservative groups? It would obviously come up so you'd think that they would want to cover it and expose it as a nothing burger, if that's all it is.
      If Stoic is any indication, the liberal narrative seems to be that it's all just a big coincidence, and Smith had nothing to do with it.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So all those times you yelled "I'm going to kill you!" at me were warranted?
        You know about Texas law and justification for murder, yes? "Yer honor, he just needed killin'".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If Stoic is any indication, the liberal narrative seems to be that it's all just a big coincidence, and Smith had nothing to do with it.
          It's pretty obvious that Smith had something to do with the IRS investigating activist political groups posing as charities. What's not at all clear is that he had anything to do with deciding which "charities" should be targeted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It's pretty obvious that Smith had something to do with the IRS investigating activist political groups posing as charities. What's not at all clear is that he had anything to do with deciding which "charities" should be targeted.
            Right, it's all just one big coincidence that it was an article about conservative groups that put a burr under Smith's saddle, and that conservative groups were specifically targeted by the IRS.

Nope, no connection whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Right, it's all just one big coincidence that it was an article about conservative groups that put a burr under Smith's saddle, and that conservative groups were specifically targeted by the IRS.

Nope, no connection whatsoever.
              It's not even a big coincidence. Call it even odds, even if you don't make any assumptions about which party is more often guilty of abusing tax exempt status.

Comment

You know about Texas law and justification for murder, yes? "Yer honor, he just needed killin'".
                But we weren't in Texas.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But we weren't in Texas.
                  I take a little bit of Texas with me everywhere I go.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's not even a big coincidence. Call it even odds, even if you don't make any assumptions about which party is more often guilty of abusing tax exempt status.
                    We are in deep doo-doo if its even odds that the IRS will unlawfully target one side or the other. Whatever happened to not targeting anyone specifically?

Comment

I take a little bit of Texas with me everywhere I go.
                      Just how long can you hold it?

Comment

We are in deep doo-doo if its even odds that the IRS will unlawfully target one side or the other. Whatever happened to not targeting anyone specifically?
                        Hopefully, the Republican House will defund this massive expansion of the IRS, but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Right, and that's why the IRS was forced to apologize for illegally targeting hundreds of conservative groups and had to pay a substantial settlement.

But Jack Smith had nothing to do with it. And if you believe that, then you'll be interested in this great deal I have on ocean front property in Kansas.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-30-2022, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Hopefully, the Republican House will defund this massive expansion of the IRS, but I won't hold my breath.
                            With all of the talk from various Republican leaders about what they are planning when they resume control of the House I haven't heard much if anything about defunding the new 87,000 agents.

Comment

With all of the talk from various Republican leaders about what they are planning when they resume control of the House I haven't heard much if anything about defunding the new 87,000 agents.
                              I heard that as a "if we win", but not since then. And I really don't hold any hope that the Republicans will do anything that actually results in any significant change.

Comment

I heard that as a "if we win", but not since then. And I really don't hold any hope that the Republicans will do anything that actually results in any significant change.
                                Based on what I've been reading, the Republican party is already looking for ways to "compromise" with the Democrats.

Comment