Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Colorado Springs LGBT Nightclub Shooting; At Least 5 Dead, 18 Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Maybe Brett Kavanaugh might have a thing or two to say about the intent of anti-abortion extremists and what they're willing to do.
    In his position, he should keep his mouth firmly shut concerning other people’s intentions.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The Colorado shooter claims to be non-binary. Do you doubt the veracity of that claims?

His lawyers have said so in court filings. It is, for me, an unexpected and puzzling detail though. We may learn more in due course about his background, sexuality and habits. There is not enough there to draw any conclusions.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        His lawyers have said so in court filings. It is, for me, an unexpected and puzzling detail though. We may learn more in due course about his background, sexuality and habits. There is not enough there to draw any conclusions.

witness: There's the dead body, two bullet holes in the forehead.
        firstfloor: We may learn more in due course about his human anatomy. There is not enough there to draw any conclusions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

witness: There's the dead body, two bullet holes in the forehead.
          firstfloor: We may learn more in due course about his human anatomy. There is not enough there to draw any conclusions.
          You’re a hopeless case CP, not even I can save you.

You are dealing here with someone who has recently exhibited very abnormal behaviour. Some caution is merited, don’t ya think?

Comment

You’re a hopeless case CP, not even I can save you.
            That's why Jesus came.

You are dealing here with someone who has recently exhibited very abnormal behaviour. Some caution is merited, don’t ya think?
            His own lawyer.... do you understand what it means in American jurisprudence when one's own lawyer makes a statement on their client's behalf?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's why Jesus came.

His own lawyer.... do you understand what it means in American jurisprudence when one's own lawyer makes a statement on their client's behalf?
              I assume the lawyer is acting in accordance with his client’s instructions. Regarding salutation and so on, why would he deviate. But the only evidence is the court filing.

You cannot really construct a narrative with so little information - is my point. But don’t let me stop you.

Comment

In his position, he should keep his mouth firmly shut concerning other people’s intentions.
                His 'position' is that of someone who literally had a pro-abortion loon try to assassinate him, you utter buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

His 'position' is that of someone who literally had a pro-abortion loon try to assassinate him, you utter buffoon.
                  Oh, come now, liberals are tolerant and loving and kind...

Comment

I assume the lawyer is acting in accordance with his client’s instructions.
                    I was correct - you don't know how this stuff works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I am not sure that “try to assisted him” is correct in this very unusual case.

Roske is hardly the typical assassin. And clearly he is not representative of a class of womens health activists, or others who are disappointed with SCOTUS.

Comment

I was correct - you don't know how this stuff works.
                        Please explain my error.

Comment

Why should he keep his mouth shut about a leftist looney, upset over the deliberately leaked Dobbs decision -- and likely fueled by Chuck Schumer's violence-inciting angry remarks that specifically targeted Kavanaugh -- who came all the way across country with a gun and other equipment intent on murdering him?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A reminder...

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh, come now, liberals are tolerant and loving and kind...
                              Which is precisely why Bernie Sanders campaign worker and Rachel Maddow fanboi, James Hodgkinson, very specifically asked if it was Republicans or Democrats out on the softball field practicing for a charity game. It was out of loving and kindness, so that he didn't try to commit mass murder against the wrong group.

Comment

I am not sure that “try to assisted him” is correct in this very unusual case.
                                "try to assisted him"?

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                Roske is hardly the typical assassin. And clearly he is not representative of a class of womens health activists, or others who are disappointed with SCOTUS.
                                If you look at political assassins or those who attempt it, very few fit into the mold of your stereotypical assassins (trained specialized killers). Most are more than a bit cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Apparently the only reason that he balked at carrying out his planned (possibly mass) murder was because he realized he had been spotted by law enforcement when he arrived outside Kavanaugh's house, and figured he was now being hunted by the police and scared he would get shot and killed, turned himself in.

And he fits quite comfortably in with the Jane's Revenge "womens [sic] health activists."

Comment