Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans are about to take their revenge on Joe Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Republicans tactic is to break everything and come 2024 say, look how broken it is, vote for us. It works too.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't think it's fair to call people goons just because the Democrats hire them.

Most of them are probably just looking for a job to feed their families.
      You assume all goons are bad

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        The Republicans tactic is to break everything and come 2024 say, look how broken it is, vote for us. It works too.
        The Democrats have been doing just fine wrecking everything they touch over the past two years, they need no help. Besides, when the Republicans gain control next year, I'm not sure there will be much left to break.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, you say "gridlock" like it's a bad thing. It actually keeps either side from doing anything too extreme.
          And also frees up the president to do pretty much what he wants.

Obama and Trump took advantage of that, and I doubt that Biden would refrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

With a majority, they can withhold funding for the DOJ and FBI specifically.
            You couldn't get enough of the Republicans to agree to that, even if they were sure they would keep their jobs afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The left always offers black and white choices on these things when there are other alternatives to continuing as we are or defaulting.
              It's reality that's forcing a black and white choice. By the time you get to vote on the debt ceiling, the only choice is raise it or default.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It's reality that's forcing a black and white choice. By the time you get to vote on the debt ceiling, the only choice is raise it or default.
                Um, that's only because they put off dealing with it until the very last minute.

Comment

Um, that's only because they put off dealing with it until the very last minute.
                  If they try to deal with it earlier, you know that something unexpected will come up.

Comment

If they try to deal with it earlier, you know that something unexpected will come up.
                    You mean another excuse to put it off until the last minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      Please stop repeating this falsehood. You have been corrected on it a number of times now. The US is still energy independent and that has not changed.
                      Not false Starlight. Energy independent means producing enough energy to supply all our needs at a very good price which we had while Trump was in office because of the policies he put in place regarding oil and drilling, we even had enough oil to replenish our emergency oil reserve We were also at that time were able sell some to other countries. The first day Biden was in office he got rid of all those policies. Rather then keeping us independent of the need for foreign oil Biden is now begging OPEC to lower their prices because he won't let us drill for our own like Trump did. In fact when [strike]Pharoah[\strike] err Biden ordered the oil companies develop more oil he took away their permits to drill for oil thereby making sure we are again dependent on foreign oil. The falsehood is believing that not being able to use what we have in abundance but being forced to buy foreign oil keeps us independent; it does not and will not

Just goes to show that your PhD in Philosophy does not help when it comes to under standing hard facts and logic.

Comment

We were energy independent when old Joe stumbled into the White House and on his first day started signing executive orders (while notorious muttering "what am I signing?"), including ones that ended that.

This is an indisputable fact.
                        Well to be fair being from New Zealand where there top imports include crude and refined oil Starlight may not understand that not being allowed to drill for the abundance of oil we have in America forcing us to buy oil from others makes us dependent not independent. I would be interested to know if New Zealand has oil they can drill for or not.

Comment

Raise taxes, cut spending......debt fixed.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Raise taxes, cut spending......debt fixed.
                            Wrong order we should cut spending then if necessary raise taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Wrong order we should cut spending then if necessary raise taxes.
                              The extra revenue would go to actually servicing the debt, not just paying the interest.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Well to be fair being from New Zealand where there top imports include crude and refined oil Starlight may not understand that not being allowed to drill for the abundance of oil we have in America forcing us to buy oil from others makes us dependent not independent. I would be interested to know if New Zealand has oil they can drill for or not.
                                More to the point, how do star's sources explain why, if we are energy independent under old Joe as they claim, did Biden go begging, hat in hand, for oil from places like Venezuela and more notoriously Saudi Arabia? I mean star had to be aware of the snub heard 'round the world that the Saudi's responded with.

So how does that need to go begging for an increase in oil production, and being humiliated for the effort, fit into the narrative of the U.S. being energy independent? Energy independent means not having to beg other countries for more energy.

Comment